ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: How Much Should Individuals Pay to Get the Vaccine?

How much should people have to pay for the shot?

• Total voters
I don’t think people should be arrested for not getting it. But I do think organizations should be allowed to ban anyone who doesn’t get it. So you may lose your job or get kicked out of school.
An as-yet-unknown factor is how many people need to get the vaccine to achieve herd immunity. Assuming that's even possible.

If the vaccines really work and a high level of compliance is needed to achieve herd immunity, I could see efforts to increase compliance.

In addition to your suggestions, I might pay people to get the shot.

Naturally, if any sort of coercion is to be used, there would have to be reasonable exemptions for those who genuinely need them.

Reactions: naturalmwa
An as-yet-unknown factor is how many people need to get the vaccine to achieve herd immunity. Assuming that's even possible.

If the vaccines really work and a high level of compliance is needed to achieve herd immunity, I could see efforts to increase compliance.

In addition to your suggestions, I might pay people to get the shot.

Naturally, if any sort of coercion is to be used, there would have to be reasonable exemptions for those who genuinely need them.
That might get OiT on board.

So we've got a virus that has trashed the world economy and destroyed normal life pretty much planet wide, and we're gonna charge people for the vaccine? Cost/benefit analysis anyone? How is this even a question?

Only in this insane, completely effed up country. Easy to see how we ended up with Trump.

How long will it take us to acquire 330 million doses of the vaccine?

Pfizer set their vaccine shot at $20.
Moderna set their 2 shot vaccine at I think $60. So it's basically free to everyone.

If this is something where it's one and done it with out a doubt should be paid by the government. If for no other reason to take an excuse away from people.

A sticking point may be if it becomes like the flu shot where you need it once a year. But even then because of the higher percentage of death the government should pay for it still.

ADVERTISEMENT