ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Is there a dealer badge/emblem on your car?

Is there a car dealer advertisement affixed to the paint on the back of your car?

• Yes, I left the dealer badge on the back of my car

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • No, I removed the dealer badge from the back of my car

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • No, my car didn't have a dealer badge when I acquired it

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Yes, but I'm going to remove it now that I saw this thread and thought about it...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Do you have a dealer badge or emblem affixed to the back of your car? I'm not talking about a dealer license plate frame, but a badge, emblem or a sticker stuck onto the paint that advertises the dealership.

This "CLASSIC MAZDA" emblem was inoffensive enough that I left it on. It's one of those puffy vinyl stickers.

1xeuuCc.jpeg

Reactions: BrianNole777
I have a 73 mercury with an old dealer plastic badge from san angelo, TX. went on ebay bought two extras of that same badge from the 70's because A: dealership no longer there and no longer in business and, B: it is old and faded on my car, will put NOS one on there some day. I know you were talking about newer cars and not classics, but I just had a cool story bro.

I have a 73 mercury with an old dealer plastic badge from san angelo, TX. went on ebay bought two extras of that same badge from the 70's because A: dealership no longer there and no longer in business and, B: it is old and faded on my car, will put NOS one on there some day. I know you were talking about newer cars and not classics, but I just had a cool story bro.
What model?

every time i look at my car i want to but have never got around to doing so. also i don't know how :)

Dental floss. It won't hurt your teeth and it won't hurt the clear coat. Saw through the adhesive to remove the badge. You can then roll most of the residue up with your finger.

Finish with a MF towel soaked with alcohol.

If that doesn't get it all off, move up to WD-40.

If that doesn't do it, use Goo-Gone (NOT Goof-Off).

But the alcohol and rag is probably all you need to get it done. A hair dryer is also helpful for this process. Heating up the adhesive makes it easier to remove.

What model?
unfortunately not a cool guy cougar like yourself apparently. although the 73 cougars are big luxury cars. compared with the 60's stuff that was based upon the mustang. no my 73 is a luxury car, 4 door marquis. 429 4 barrel and it's a dog not the thunderjet 429. just a passenger car. because it's what I had as my first car in high school. not this one, I had a 2 door. but I always wanted one again.

Reactions: Kelsers
Like others, I removed it as soon as I got home. I'm not paid to advertise for them.

This is the correct answer. I'm not a billboard for some stealership that sucked the least out of my choices.

I actually think Classic Mazda gave me a fair deal. There were only three 2024 Carbon Turbos on the lot (all three were fresh off the boat). I bought one and someone else was buying another one at the same time. Their initial offer gave a discount that basically erased the stupid dealer fee and the taxes, giving me MSRP OTD. Combined with 0% financing for 60 months and no payments for 90 days, I took that deal without dickering.

My dealership tag is more of a sticker than a badge. Doesn’t bother me but even if it did, I would probably just leave it alone as it would likely mar my finish.

Reactions: The Tradition
I've always owned used vehicles so that hasn't been an issue that I control. I know folks that buy new all the time and every time they ask for no label/badge, they still get one.

I've always owned used vehicles so that hasn't been an issue that I control. I know folks that buy new all the time and every time they ask for no label/badge, they still get one.

Carmax sticks their badges on there. Doesn't have to be new.

When I got my Acura it had been used as a dealer loaner car at another location. It had less than 3000 miles it and they hadn't put their crap on it yet.

No, I don't provide free advertising. Especially for stealerships. I even took a decal off of a car my wife bought from my uncle. He owns the dealership we bought it at.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Sticker isn’t permanent. What’s the difference between the dealership and manufacturer badges? You take the manufacturer badges off too?

Samey-same.

No, that would be "debadging" altogether.

Lots of people do that when they get their entire car wrapped. The factory emblems don't get reapplied. You can't tell what make/model the car is. Probably gangsters doing this shit.

It's not "harmless"... acetone will remove the clear coat just like it eats your mom's fingernail polish.

Well, I've used it more than a few times on a lot of cars I've had and I've always have a mirror shine. Clear coat isn't paint. Fingernail polish is.

Reactions: Bro D
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT