ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: More Violence If Trump Wins or If Biden Wins?

Will there be more violence if Trump wins or if Biden wins?

• Total voters
We see the violence during Trump's administration.

It seems like we're moving toward a totally divided nation... which might lead to a conventional Civil War. The civil war of the 19th century was not like most civil wars. The USA will be like Northern Ireland. Riots and factions of resistance and violence mixed in with the consumerism and commercials.

My guess would be more if Trump wins. Or at least we'll know more about it. Liberals/dems/left/whatever tend to live in and congregate in cities/urban areas. There's more people, more coverage, more cameras capturing what unfolds.

If Biden wins and the MAGAs are upset, does anyone really know about the pissed off people in some small town or rural area?

That said, the Democrats were already on the losing end to Trump once before, so perhaps they'll be prepared a second time around.

It seems like we're moving toward a totally divided nation... which might lead to a conventional Civil War. The civil war of the 19th century was not like most civil wars. The USA will be like Northern Ireland. Riots and factions of resistance and violence mixed in with the consumerism and commercials.

I saw this after the Kenosha riots, I thought it was a plausible explanation of the Trump/MAGA/right wing perspective. I had previously thought how odd/silly the "law & order" and "this is what will happen in Biden's America" stuff was. This kind of explains it.

-----------------------------------------

"Trump regards himself as a wartime president of Red America against Blue America. That’s how he can describe riot and disorder as happening in “Biden’s America,” even when it happens under his presidency. In his mind, the majority of the country is already “Biden’s America,” even before Biden enters office—and the remainder of it will continue to be “Trump’s America,” even should Trump leave office. "

"Since we are two countries, we can have two sets of laws and rules: one for friends, another for enemies. That’s why so many prominent Trump supporters can look at the shooting in Kenosha and perceive the gunman, who went to a city where he did not live with an AR-15-style rifle in hand, as acting in self-defense. The gunman had legitimate rights that must be respected. The dead men did not, and neither did all the many victims this year of police shootings. If those victims had criminal records, then they were criminals—unlike, say, Michael Flynn, who remains a rights-bearing American despite his criminal record. Two countries, two classes of citizen, two systems of law. "

If Biden wins and the MAGAs are upset, does anyone really know about the pissed off people in some small town or rural area?

They will hold a circle jerk around a burning cross and get blackout drunk. Might fire a few rounds into the woods before reaching orgasm.

As long as we don't get a usa version of u2.

I saw this after the Kenosha riots, I thought it was a plausible explanation of the Trump/MAGA/right wing perspective. I had previously thought how odd/silly the "law & order" and "this is what will happen in Biden's America" stuff was. This kind of explains it.

-----------------------------------------

"Trump regards himself as a wartime president of Red America against Blue America. That’s how he can describe riot and disorder as happening in “Biden’s America,” even when it happens under his presidency. In his mind, the majority of the country is already “Biden’s America,” even before Biden enters office—and the remainder of it will continue to be “Trump’s America,” even should Trump leave office. "

"Since we are two countries, we can have two sets of laws and rules: one for friends, another for enemies. That’s why so many prominent Trump supporters can look at the shooting in Kenosha and perceive the gunman, who went to a city where he did not live with an AR-15-style rifle in hand, as acting in self-defense. The gunman had legitimate rights that must be respected. The dead men did not, and neither did all the many victims this year of police shootings. If those victims had criminal records, then they were criminals—unlike, say, Michael Flynn, who remains a rights-bearing American despite his criminal record. Two countries, two classes of citizen, two systems of law. "
Fundamentally inaccurate on multiple counts. The fact that you guys believe this means there is little hope for reconciliation in the future.

I hope you’re wrong but I’m very concerned; regardless of who wins. Typically, it’s been the far left taking it to the streets but now we’re seeing some far right doing the same. I’m afraid this country is a powder keg right now just waiting to explode. People are being further radicalized in their respective views from social media and the media in general. Instead of getting rational feedback, they’ve surrounded themselves with sources and people that do nothing but pump up their anger.

Additionally, with people losing jobs, young adults having to live at home because they are unemployed and/or underemployed, people are frustrated and pissed. On both sides!

It’s extremely concerning to me. This shouldn’t be the USA. We are supposed to be UNITED yet I’ve never seen us more divided in my life.

I can see large scale protests, leading to riots, if Trump wins. Largely because I'm not convinced he can win legitimately.

If Biden wins, I can see at least one white supremacist terrorist organization doing something stupid trying to overturn the election. I mean, it's not like RW nutcases haven't blown up a federal building in the past or anything. I can see something on that scale happening again.

I don't think this is even debatable. There will be more people out causing problems if Trump wins. By far.

I agree that there will be far more people causing problems if Trump wins but my reasoning for picking the Biden option is that the Trump supporters are much more likely to escalate the attacks to widespread violence. Many have been posting civil war memes for years now and if their guy loses then they will be looking for an excuse. Right wing terrorism has already been on the rise and this will likely put them over the top.

There won’t be any more directly related to who’s elected. Just the normal, but then turned political by the media and far left or far right. Most of us are caught in the middle with no real leaders on either side.

There's one side calling for voting illegally, armed insurrection, imposing martial law, and is working to undermine not just confidence in our electoral procees but actively working to destroy the process.

Reactions: TheCainer
I agree that there will be far more people causing problems if Trump wins but my reasoning for picking the Biden option is that the Trump supporters are much more likely to escalate the attacks to widespread violence. Many have been posting civil war memes for years now and if their guy loses then they will be looking for an excuse. Right wing terrorism has already been on the rise and this will likely put them over the top.

I sure hope not. But people are crazy.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
I don't think this is even debatable. There will be more people out causing problems if Trump wins. By far.
How do you figure that?

I think the opposite is clearly true.

Sure we have had a very few bad actors in some recent protests. But the protests have been in good causes.

The right carries guns and throws their weight around with little provocation. They don't do it to protest murders by police, or to demand action on climate change, or in support of good schools, or to assure fair elections, or to prompt gun control. They do it to protest masks, or to bitch about kneeling sports players, or to defend Confederate symbols, or to restrict women's rights.

Huge difference.

Plus, we have news media and politicos all the way up to the President encouraging violence by the right - and nothing like that on the left.

Personally, I hope there will be massive pushback against a Trump win. Lot's of justification for it. But I don't expect it to be particularly violent - unless/until the right starts shooting. Which I wouldn't rule out.

Reactions: TheCainer
How do you figure that?

Sure we have had a very few bad actors in some recent protests. But the protests have been in good causes.

The right carries guns and throws their weight around with little provocation. They don't do it to protest murders by police, or to demand action on climate change, or in support of good schools, or to assure fair elections, or to prompt gun control. They do it to protest masks, or to bitch about kneeling sports players, or to defend Confederate symbols, or to restrict women's rights.

Huge difference.

Plus, we have news media and politicos all the way up to the President encouraging violence by the right - and nothing like that on the left.

Personally, I hope there will be massive pushback against a Trump win. Lot's of justification for it. But I don't expect it to be particularly violent - unless/until the right starts shooting. Which I wouldn't rule out.
You dropped too much acid back in the day old man.

whoever wins i think knows that it’s important to defuse the fringes including their own. so once they secure the chair they will immediately make a concerted effort certainly a good speech to bring the country together. i think it may do the trick in the immediate term even if idiots on the losing side try to fan flames. in short, there will be calm immediately post election but longer term who knows.

How do you figure that?

Huge difference.

Do you remember what happened after Trump's surprise win in 2016?

Yes, the lunatic fringe exists on both the left and right. I would also agree a lot more far right-winged nut jobs have felt emboldened because of some of Trump's more polarizing, incendiary rhetoric. However, as of right now, the only evidence we have of people being destructive because of election results have been anti-Trump people.

We will find out soon enough, I guess, because it's likely Biden wins in November.

I voted Civil War either way but I don't actually hope or think there will be an actual "war"

We need a divorce though. We have irreconcilable differences that can't be overcome.

If Trump loses it will help the Republican Party in the long run. Re-evaluate their strategies.
If Biden loses it will hurt the Democratic Party as it will lead them to some very dark places.
But Undoubtedly the country will be better off with Trump for 4 more years

I voted Civil War either way but I don't actually hope or think there will be an actual "war"

We need a divorce though. We have irreconcilable differences that can't be overcome.

If Trump loses it will help the Republican Party in the long run. Re-evaluate their strategies.
If Biden loses it will hurt the Democratic Party as it will lead them to some very dark places.
But Undoubtedly the country will be better off with Trump for 4 more years
can you develop what you mean by the sentence i bolded?

on a related note, if the dems lose it might force them to become the party america needs and could use. right now the excellence of many liberal ideals are comingled with some terrible ideas. also if dems lose might force the media to actually realize that it’s not worth taking on the pathetic role of propaganda-for-hire and they will innovate/re-emerge as a force for good.

There's one side calling for voting illegally, armed insurrection, imposing martial law, and is working to undermine not just confidence in our electoral procees but actively working to destroy the process.
Yes no doubt, and they are supporting a ticket lead by a man with alzheimers for President and a woman who thinks she's running for President.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT