ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Nikki Haley or Mike Pompeo?

If the next President had to be either Haley or Pompeo, who would you prefer?

• Total voters
So what is your theory on why they eschew using their given first names?
That’s an easy one.

Her real name is Nimrata Nikki Randhawa.

Would you rather grow up being called Nikki or freaking Nimrata?

My wife’s real name is Dorca. Here middle name is Priscilla. Which one you think she goes by?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: blhawk
That’s an easy one.

My wife’s real name is Dorca. Here middle name is Priscilla. When one you think she goes by?

That’s an easy one.

My wife’s real name is Dorca. Here middle name is Priscilla. When one you think she goes by?
These people often look for dirt where there is no dirt.

The article I linked said when she changed to using Nikki. It was long before she entered politics. Just take the loss and move on.
Oh naive one. Her ambitions required her to do so knowing full well the despicable base she was about to rely on. This is comedy.

Not a lot of support for Pompeo, so far, from either left or right.

I'd be curious to hear why those few Pompeo supporters picked him over Haley, if you'd care to share. Is it more something you like about Pompeo, or something you dislike about Haley?
I don't have a strong preference either way between Pompeo and Haley. Pompeo has the slightly better resume IMO. DeSantis is the clear favorite on the Republican side ... if he chooses to run ... I could see these two being potential VP candidates.

Pompeo
1) First in his class at West Point
2) Five years of military experience
3) Harvard Law Degree
4) Business Experience in Private Sector
5) Served in the U.S. House of Representatives (2011-2017)
6) Director of CIA
7) U.S. Secretary of State
8) Still young by political standards ... only 59

Haley
1) Graduate of Clemson
2) Business Experience
3) Served in South Carolina House (2004-2010)
4) Governor of South Carolina (2011-2017)
5) U.S. Ambassador to United Nations
6) Still young by political standards ... only 51

I don't have a strong preference either way between Pompeo and Haley. Pompeo has the slightly better resume IMO. DeSantis is the clear favorite on the Republican side ... if he chooses to run ... I could see these two being potential VP candidates.

Pompeo
1) First in his class at West Point
2) Five years of military experience
3) Harvard Law Degree
4) Business Experience in Private Sector
5) Served in the U.S. House of Representatives (2011-2017)
6) Director of CIA
7) U.S. Secretary of State
8) Still young by political standards ... only 59

Haley
1) Graduate of Clemson
2) Business Experience
3) Served in South Carolina House (2004-2010)
4) Governor of South Carolina (2011-2017)
5) U.S. Ambassador to United Nations
6) Still young by political standards ... only 51
Slightly better??? I'm not a Pompeo fan but that's a ridiculous statement.

Slightly better??? I'm not a Pompeo fan but that's a ridiculous statement.
Most people would agree with you that Pompeo's resume is significantly better than Haley but I put a lot of weight in the Governor role, whether it's a D or an R. It at least gives people an idea of how they ran the state. Probably equivalent to items 5-7 on Pompeo's resume for me. She would also get a slight nudge up because a 51-year old woman of color will out poll a 59-year old white male in any generic ballot. Pompeo does have an excellent resume though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titus Andronicus
"Republican presidential primary hots up?"

That's not even British slang. That's just a learning disability.

Most people would agree with you that Pompeo's resume is significantly better than Haley but I put a lot of weight in the Governor role, whether it's a D or an R. It at least gives people an idea of how they ran the state. Probably equivalent to items 5-7 on Pompeo's resume for me. She would also get a slight nudge up because a 51-year old woman of color will out poll a 59-year old white male in any generic ballot. Pompeo does have an excellent resume though.
Am I off-base in thinking that an Indian person of color is more acceptable to most US racists than an African-America person of color?

If so, it's a good way for the Rs to pretend they aren't the racist party, while holding onto their racist base. They won't say it out loud but the message is clear: "Look! She's a person of color. But you know she isn't black, right?"

I couldn’t imagine the bullying someone would get with a name like Nimrata in the USA
Especially in a state full of bigots and future MAGA douchebags like South Carolina. Whatever she went by I'd be willing to bet she got more than her fair share of harassment growing up as a non white in Bamberg, SC

Am I off-base in thinking that an Indian person of color is more acceptable to most US racists than an African-America person of color?

If so, it's a good way for the Rs to pretend they aren't the racist party, while holding onto their racist base. They won't say it out loud but the message is clear: "Look! She's a person of color. But you know she isn't black, right?"
Most of the racists I have come across are liberals. Their racism is driven through quotas based on skin color and also low expectations for minorities.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT