ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: POLL:

Terrible poll by OP no when he's fired option which is what 90%. of fans want and deserve. 10 wins isn't anything to brag about with next years schedule. Win 30 games over the next 3 years and we might give Ferentz a shot at earning some respect.

Originally posted by eddie4star:
he's fired option which is what 90%. of fans want and deserve.
laugh.r191677.gif

I did not quit going to games because of number of wins, but wins would have helped. No particular order: Lack of emotion during games and press conferences. Smart a$$ comments to the public when hit with hard yet appropriate questions. Imagination on both sides of the ball during games. Make it look like you are going after top notch players instead of giving a defeatist attitude saying how hard it is to sell Iowa to recruits. Every year we hear that we need more speed. But when speed arrives on campus they rarely play. Apparently it takes the university of Iowa coaching staff 2-3 years to get a player game ready, yet Freshmen and redshirt Freshmen on the teams Iowa plays burn them often. Tennessee played 24 of these players in the bowl game. It may be (is) difficult, but fans, and I would think the players, are tired of hearing it! Change something! Then there are the multitude of game situations that gets discussed on here after almost every game. That's just a few and I don't know how many years it will take to show improvement. 2016 is going to be ugly.

Terrible poll by OP no when he's fired option which is what 90%. of fans want and deserve. 10 wins isn't anything to brag about with next years schedule. Win 30 games over the next 3 years and we might give Ferentz a shot at earning some respect.
Ridiculous post. 90% of the fans want Kirk fired? You need to get out of the house.

Reactions: steelrain
Originally posted by jpphawk:
Ridiculous post. 90% of the fans want Kirk fired? You need to get out of the house.
You need to get out of your shoe box there are very few people out there that still want him coaching Iowa. Face it and deal with it.

• Haha
Reactions: SoFla-Hawkeye
I have always been on the wagon that Kirk has done enough for this program that unless the wheels fall off the wagon, he should be able to retire on his terms. On one hand, Iowa has had one of its best stretches of seasons in its history, yet our less then satisfactory offense has left sour tastes in our mouths. If your looking purely at our W/L record the last several years, Kirk has done a great job. However, we all know that Iowa could take the next step and be a BiG ten championship contender yearly if we can just field a competent offense. I am still on board with Kirk, I just wish Kirk would change his offensive perspective. For one, take pressure off the QB and stop making him know as much as a 3rd NFL starter has to know. Let the coaches evaluate the defense from the sidelines like other schools do, and let them change the plays. Let the QB just play. It works for other schools. That way you can get the most talented QB on the field and not worry if he has a complete understanding that only coaches and NFL QB's have.

I've had KF's back since day one and I still do. Is he perfect? No, of course not. But, we can and have done a loss worse than KF. Perhaps, you have to be an old-timer like me to have the perspective I have. We are extremely fortunate to have KF at the helm of the football program and I fully appreciate everything he has done on and off the field for Iowa.

90% fired? Is that a fantasy or a wish? If it is that high, why is Kinnick Stadium always (nearly) full?

ADVERTISEMENT