ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Put Jesus In the Supreme Court?

Should we add the figure of Jesus to the frieze in the Supreme Court?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, but if it were already there I'd keep it there.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No. And if it were already there, I would want it removed.

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
There's a frieze in the Supreme Court depicting various historical figures. Moses, Mohammad and Confucius are among them. But not Jesus. Why not? Should we add Jesus to the frieze?

This explains a lot, and, Jesus had a twin named Lucifer, both fallen angels. Should lucifer be thete as well?

There's a frieze in the Supreme Court depicting various historical figures. Moses, Mohammad and Confucius are among them. But not Jesus. Why not? Should we add Jesus to the frieze?
First question - who identified the various depictions as Moses, Mohammad and Confucius? Could just as well be Jacob, Ahmed and Wunhunglo. Who's to say?

First question - who identified the various depictions as Moses, Mohammad and Confucius? Could just as well be Jacob, Ahmed and Wunhunglo. Who's to say?
Probably the artist. But I'm just guessing.

The real question is how did the artist know what they look like?

And the follow-up question is how long before he was executed for making a likeness of Mohammed?

Which makes me think of yet a third question: Do Greek and Russian Orthodox folks kill people for making inappropriate religious pictures too? I vaguely seem to recall they allow icons but ban other representations. Or something like that.

Muhammad is depicted holding the Qur’an. To make it clear they also included a scimitar.
Prophet.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT