ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Should Kevin Warren Be Fired?

Should Kevin Warren Be Fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 14, 2003
I think Warrens handling of this whole thing has been terrible to say the least. We all know spring football is not going to happen. The outrage experienced Monday led to the B1G just kicking the rock down the road I guess.

Has Warrens son opted out of the SEC season yet? He said last week he had no issues with him playing.

I agree with Deace that some athletic programs in the conference will never recover in our lifetime. If other conferences have fall football. Expect sports to be cut as well.

Reactions: pmtdc and hexumhawk
you should be banned for spamming this board with nonstop stupidity....where is that option in the poll? Your anger is misplaced...its a shame you don't realize where it should be directed.
If his Nebbers play & get kicked out of the conference, we’ll never hear from this Yahoo again.

He’ll be some Mountain West team’s problem. Probably Wyoming.

I think he was stuck with what the Presidents decided, but he is to blame for the timing and PR.

Reactions: nu2u
I think he was stuck with what the Presidents decided, but he is to blame for the timing and PR.

He was pushing this in secret with the president's. The athletic department's caught wind and started raising hell about being cut out of the discussion. Warren, the B1G hierarchy and the B1G presidents rushed the decision after word got out and before the "Let's Play" crowd grew too big. The players their families and the coaches had no say in this and were never asked.

Hell maybe it's a conspiracy to catapult the SEC
He certainly hasn’t shown much leadership during this; someone needs to step up to get a solution for basketball, not sure he is the guy. Spring FB is a wet dream and accomplishes nothing but screwing up next year’s football. There will be a huge # of players not compete in the spring if they try that.

He was pushing this in secret with the president's. The athletic department's caught wind and started raising hell about being cut out of the discussion. Warren, the B1G hierarchy and the B1G presidents rushed the decision after word got out and before the "Let's Play" crowd grew too big. The players their families and the coaches had no say in this and were never asked.

Exactly. The only reason it was delayed by a couple of days was the public backlash. Was done behind the scenes with the presidents, coaches and AD's were not included. Huge number of sports and scholarships will be gone.

Warren’s son is a player on Mississippi St. So is he making his son sit out the season? You’d think he would since he’s so worried about every big 10 players health no way he’d let his own son play.....something tells me the opposite will happen.

He certainly hasn’t shown much leadership during this; someone needs to step up to get a solution for basketball, not sure he is the guy. Spring FB is a wet dream and accomplishes nothing but screwing up next year’s football. There will be a huge # of players not compete in the spring if they try that.
Do both , short schedule in spring followed by "normal" fall.
I'm not sure when hiding from the realities of life became a human strategy but we've never done it before and I can't see any way it will work.
The virus will still be here doing what it does.

Reactions: Hammer93
Exactly. The only reason it was delayed by a couple of days was the public backlash. Was done behind the scenes with the presidents, coaches and AD's were not included. Huge number of sports and scholarships will be gone.
They had to find something to justify it. They found Myocarditis. Something you can get from the common cold.

Reactions: SDHN2013
It’s not too late for Warren to admit he made a mistake and try to reverse course now that no other conferences followed his lead other than the Pac12. But I have no confidence he will do that. I can’t help thinking this wouldn’t have happened if Delaney was still here.
If he admits he was wrong he's admitting failure. Not something that keeps you employed in that position right out of the gate. Most of the presidents come from academia. No way they admit their wrong. Their ego won't allow it.

I think Warrens handling of this whole thing has been terrible to say the least. We all know spring football is not going to happen. The outrage experienced Monday led to the B1G just kicking the rock down the road I guess.

Has Warrens son opted out of the SEC season yet? He said last week he had no issues with him playing.

I agree with Deace that some athletic programs in the conference will never recover in our lifetime. If other conferences have fall football. Expect sports to be cut as well.
What were his qualifications to be hired?

If they don’t play all sports on the spring...yes.

IMO it’s a bunch of shit.

college athletes can’t play sports but the dorms and dining centers are open.

Dining, classes, and dorms it's a lot easier to distance, wear a mask, and keep your hands clean. In football no one will wear a mask, constant touching of your face, and close contact breathing and sweating on each other. If they play this fall, we're going to see some teams hit hard.

Dining, classes, and dorms it's a lot easier to distance, wear a mask, and keep your hands clean. In football no one will wear a mask, constant touching of your face, and close contact breathing and sweating on each other. If they play this fall, we're going to see some teams hit hard.
Vs a football practice where several coaches making over 6 figures are watching your every move ?

bs

contact tracing use to be inside 6 feet for 15 consecutive minutes.

If those schools were so furious why didn't their presidents vote to play? Did I miss it, I thought Iowa and Nebraska were the only 2 schools to vote to keep playing.

Because they are only afraid of the lawsuits. Has nothing to do with player safety and wanting to play. This is a cover your ass move by the big10 and they just got jumped for the next decade by several conferences. Thanks Kev!

Because they are only afraid of the lawsuits. Has nothing to do with player safety and wanting to play. This is a cover your ass move by the big10 and they just got jumped for the next decade by several conferences. Thanks Kev!
I think its a political move. What did Warren talk about most? Racial justice. Thats his agenda. He dont give a damn about B1G football. He is using the conference for his own agenda. They want to create fustration in key states before the election to help biden.

I think its a political move. What did Warren talk about most? Racial justice. Thats his agenda. He dont give a damn about B1G football. He is using the conference for his own agenda. They want to create fustration in key states before the election to help biden.

That is going to be a giant backfire politically imo. You have a group of 4-5 huge swing states that are now all pissed off voters because of no CFB. Some will say it doesn't matter and people will separate the two but I think it is enormous in the states that are ultimately going to decide the election. Obviously Trump has been very supportive of opening schools and having sports.

That is going to be a giant backfire politically imo. You have a group of 4-5 huge swing states that are now all pissed off voters because of no CFB. Some will say it doesn't matter and people will separate the two but I think it is enormous in the states that are ultimately going to decide the election. Obviously Trump has been very supportive of opening schools and having sports.

JFC...trump has voiced support to play football In the past couple days but did next to nothing for several months to help make that happen. Folks that are angry should voice their disapproval by voting this narcissistic fraud and buffoon out of office along with all his enablers. They are to blame, not the B1G commissioner or university presidents.

If they do play football in the Big 12, ACC, and SEC, which may not be likely, but could happen, then this decision will be crippling to the Big 10 and Warren will be known as the Commissioner responsible for screwing up a conference that nobody thought could be screwed up. Nice work buddy.

If they do play football in the Big 12, ACC, and SEC, which may not be likely, but could happen, then this decision will be crippling to the Big 10 and Warren will be known as the Commissioner responsible for screwing up a conference that nobody thought could be screwed up. Nice work buddy.

Don't understand why the decision couldn't have waited, that is the main issue for me.. I don't necessarily disagree with the decision but couldn't you wait? Maybe he wanted the glory of being the first major conference to cancel fall football.

Don't understand why the decision couldn't have waited, that is the main issue for me.. I don't necessarily disagree with the decision but couldn't you wait? Maybe he wanted the glory of being the first major conference to cancel fall football.
Yeah agree that they should've waited, but I guess if you truly believe it's dangerous, and you have people practicing, I guess I can see that logic. But I think these kids are more well taken care of then any other college kids in the country. I would want my college age son (who leaves for college at Iowa Sat.) in a football or basketball program, instead of running around campus without being tested weekly, doctors on hand, and a nutrition program.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
If those schools were so furious why didn't their presidents vote to play? Did I miss it, I thought Iowa and Nebraska were the only 2 schools to vote to keep playing.
that orig 12-2 vote that Dan Patrick reported & got so much buzz? that vote actually didn't happen, per the Minneapolis Star Tribune

what the vote ended up being that canceled the fall season? not sure what that was

if the 3 other P5 play & collect huge TV money, I think that is grounds for Warren's dismissal

ADVERTISEMENT