ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Should Trick or Treating Be Banned or Severely Restricted This Year?

Should Trick or Treating be banned or significantly scaled back this Halloween?

• Schedule large gatherings instead of door-to-door trick or treating.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
Because, after all, it is devil worshiping and all that.

No, seriously, should it be banned or significantly scaled back because of COVID?

Hey, everyone will be wearing masks, right? What could possibly go wrong?

As long as they don't travel in large groups, and people handing out candy wear masks, there's no reason to limit anything.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Given that we've pretty much stopped limiting everything else I don't see the point of limiting trick or treating.

I mean we arn't going at all, but society at large has pretty much quit trying to limit the spread of the virus so there isn't much point to picking out this one thing and shutting it down.

This is ridiculous. Trick-or-treating happens outdoors, and it involves zero prolonged close contact.

We will be out trick or treating. Like every year, the houses that want to participate will have their lights on. Those that don’t, will not. I suspect there will be fewer lights on then normal.

We were looking at setting up a candy graveyard (which is basically a bunch of tombstones with candy in our yard that the kids grab candy) or candy wall (basically a cut out with candy hanging off it that the kids can grab as they walk by). It's probably going to be pretty dead (pun intended) that night.

Ban it because I hate driving real slow watching for dumbass kids darting out into the road!

Instead, lets turn Halloween into an adult holiday where the parents go door to door and homeowners are passing out shots/beers/snacks.

Reactions: Finance85
my kids are 9 and 7 so we discuss Halloween several times a day at my house right now. I'd like to hear the medical professionals advice on how to minimize the risk of spread so that we can participate. Is it best to let the kids pick up candy? Should I hand it out? Do I leave a big bowl for them to dig through?

In past years I always passed out Halloween candy, but this year my light will be off.

I'd get a few little kids with parental assistance and groups of large kids that are not from my near neighborhood.

My blood glucose spikes just walking through the Halloween candy section at Target.

Government shouldn't be involved, other than telling people to wear masks, which shouldn't be an issue at Halloween.

And Russ's post is the best. Probably more kids will be affected by traffic accidents than COVID.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Given that we've pretty much stopped limiting everything else I don't see the point of limiting trick or treating.

I mean we arn't going at all, but society at large has pretty much quit trying to limit the spread of the virus so there isn't much point to picking out this one thing and shutting it down.

I don't object to door-to-door trick or treating this year, but I'd prefer that Haunted Houses and other potential large gatherings be severely restricted at best.

Ban it because I don’t want my doorbell ringing all night long. Or kids walking across my lawn.

Plus it’s stupid.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT