ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Successful season?

StormHawk42

HB Legend
Nov 3, 2009
Didn't include anything past the Elite 8 because, well just because

Originally, I thought we needed an NCAA win to be considered a success. Honestly, I'm feeling pretty satisfied as of right now and I'm just kinda taking the attitude of what happens, happens. OTOH, getting our first NCAA win in 14 years would be pretty sweet.

I voted for winning the first game, but now I realize that's not very fair. The season has been a good one and is already successful. We are in the tournament with a 7 seed and finished tied for 3rd in Big Ten play. I guess the outcome of 1 game shouldnt determine the pride in the team. Obviously we all want to win all the games, but getting this first one would be getting a big monkey off our backs.

12-6 in the Big Ten is a successful season. Post season Tournaments can be the icing on the cake.

Agree with you completely StormHawk42. Getting in the NCAA's and a 7 seed is way beyond what I thought this team could accomplish. 12-6 in conference was outstanding. Losing to Penn State and Northwestern were real bummers tho, at the same time. Can't wait to see the new guys coming in next year.

Originally posted by DanL53:

12-6 in the Big Ten is a successful season. Post season Tournaments can be the icing on the cake.
I agree with this, because I have not forgotten just how low the program had fallen under lick. Hopefully in the 3 - 5 yrs just making the tournament will not be enough.
smile.r191677.gif

Just happy to be in the tournament after seeing the conference schedule. We are good enough to win a few more games but so is everyone we play.

Originally posted by meatloaf55:
I voted for winning the first game, but now I realize that's not very fair. The season has been a good one and is already successful. We are in the tournament with a 7 seed and finished tied for 3rd in Big Ten play. I guess the outcome of 1 game shouldnt determine the pride in the team. Obviously we all want to win all the games, but getting this first one would be getting a big monkey off our backs.
I agree to an extent, but after being 3rd best in our own state, and then going out in the first round of the big 10 tournament we really at least need one win here.

Originally posted by HawkeyeinOmaha:
Originally posted by meatloaf55:
I agree to an extent, but after being 3rd best in our own state, and then going out in the first round of the big 10 tournament we really at least need one win here.
This. While some people think postseason is just the icing on the cake why even play the game? The regular seasons point is to get to postseason play and win some hardware. I'm ok with not winning hardware right now (B1G) but if you can't win a postseason game then how is that a successful season? If you are building a program you need to start showing success in the postseason. I would be happy with a win and then a hard fought loss to the Zags.The Iowa program needs to move forward. Losing right away in the B1G and NCAA tournaments isnt moving a program forward especially if next year could be a step back.

The more national expousure the better---Fran doesn't need to get a top 20 recruiting class to get us to perennial NCAA tournaments----but we need better more talent coming in the door more comsistently.

Ii think getting to the 2nd week would go a long way for the future of this program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT