ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: The RAID - Proper Law Enforcement, Fishing, Over-reach, Weaponizing...?

What's your current impression of the Mar a Lago raid?

• I'm confident this was a fishing expedition.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm confident this was an over-reach of authority.

• I'm inclined to think this was an over-reach of authority.

• Total voters
What kind of moron would vote for anything other than the first option? This needed to be the most iron clad FBI raid of all time. If you really believe this was politically motivated please do us all a favor and go get sterilized before you reproduce.
I hope you are right, but I worry that this could turn into a food fight like the one over the FISA-approved warrants based on the Steele document.

Even if the warrants are air tight and backed by unimpeachable facts, I worry that we'll learn the DoJ had to go judge shopping to get a judge willing to sign off. Or that the judge has a reputation for partisanship. Or is just a low level judge.

We know - and the DoJ had to know - that the Rs won't play fair or be bound by honesty, logic or decency in their efforts to smear this. So the reasonable assumption is that they did due diligence an order of magnitude more carefully than usual. But they are human. And some are doubtless partisan. So who knows?

Reactions: goldmom
I can't answer the poll.

I feel the process of obtaining the warrant was legit, as I have no reason to suspect that LE didn't go through the proper channels. They knew Trump had the documents, as he has already met with them and it is currently being litigated in the court system. The judge, while low level and not an appointed or voted judge, does have the authority to sign it.

I also believe that the use of the warrant and the raid were politically motivated. They were used as a way to smear Trump. Again, Trump and his lawyers have been meeting with the National Archives people about this issue. The raid wasn't necessary, just as it wasn't necessary for multiple Gmen with guns drawn and the CNN cameras to arrest Roger Stone, but it made good talking points and optics for the Dems.

I’ll wait and see what the raid produces and if there’s an indictment as a result. I truly hope there’s something there that will calm the bozos down.

I went with Inclined to think this was good law enforcement. The FBI has been known to have rogue agents with an agenda, so I'm leaving myself a little wiggle room. When 30 agents and a federal magistrate are in the loop, there's a very good chance it's legitimate. That, and the fact the DOJ had already been talking to Trump's lawyers means Trump had something he wasn't supposed to have.

Now let's start holding everyone to rule of law standard. Hopefully Matt Gaetz will be next, assuming there's proof he broke the law.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT