ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Was It a Photo Op?

Was it just a photo op?

• Total voters
It was a photo op. Whether tear gas or rubber bullets were used or not. He went to the church posed for a picture so that it could be used to try to steer public relations image.

No tear gas was used per the capital police. Need a link?

Good link here along with photo of the actual containers used. The Trump Administration, via the CDC, says this falls under the term "tear gas," but hey, believe the government statement if you want. They are here to help you and the Trump Administration would never lie to you.

No tear gas was used per the capital police. Need a link?

Guys haw-key is 100% correct here.

As the park police stated, they did not at all use tear gas.

They instead used Oleoresins Capiscum gas. The OC gas causes the same tears and tight breath as tear gas, but it comes out green.

A paper in the British Medical Journal about riot control talks about different gas canisters.

Both natural OC and Tear Gas, which is an artificial compound that goes by the acronyms CS and CN gas, cause the same symptoms and have similar toxicity and health risks, according to the doctors writing that study.

You owe him an apology...this is a huge difference since it comes out green

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...hurch/65-7e9a67c7-e40b-47a2-8060-3f7d908139dd

I have seen allegations that they did. I have seen denials that it was used, as well as statements that it was used because some protestors were damaging things and starting fires.

Nobody has any hard proof as to whether or not it was used. You can only choose which side you believe.
The rioters or the police? I choose the police. In this instance. Not all. In this one.

I don't think you understand what demonstrably means.

Yep right. The ad hominem. Nice. It wasn’t used. The capital police said as much. End of story. IMO.

Feel free to believe the hype though. That’s your deal.

Good link here along with photo of the actual containers used. The Trump Administration, via the CDC, says this falls under the term "tear gas," but hey, believe the government statement if you want. They are here to help you and the Trump Administration would never lie to you.

Huh the first part of his tweet says the following
“When @usparkpolicepio says they didn’t use “CS or CN” tear gas, technically that’s correct”

Yep right. The ad hominem. Nice. It wasn’t used. The capital police said as much. End of story. IMO.

Feel free to believe the hype though. That’s your deal.
Dude, did you bother to read the CDC links provided by other posters? You're going straight up ostrich in this thread.

Reactions: noleclone2
101398126_10223340176078917_9072781841982816256_o.jpg

The rioters or the police? I choose the police. In this instance. Not all. In this one.

Which do you choose between the bishops/reverends of the church vs. the police? In this instance. Not all. In this one.

Reactions: noleclone2
Does it matter? Does it matter the park police were already pushing the "front line" away from Lafayette Park and the church? Not if it doesn't make for a good news cycle

Banner day! We have agreement. I agree with this tweet. 100%. 1000%.

Just like in my field. We can’t have bad medical professionals.

The good need to select out the bad. There can’t be a code of acceptance or silence. Simple answer.

Im glad we are back to the actual topic because this is absolutely the point that needs emphasized.

Of course it was, but let’s be honest all politicians do this.

-Holding babies and taking pictures with them.
-Going duck hunting with locals to prove you support the 2A.
-Having a beer with a local to prove your normal.

I could go on, but the above has been done by both sides.
tenor.gif

I have seen allegations that they did. I have seen denials that it was used, as well as statements that it was used because some protestors were damaging things and starting fires.

Nobody has any hard proof as to whether or not it was used. You can only choose which side you believe.

Whether they used tear gas or not, it's inarguable that they used some sort of smoke and rubber bullets to clear what was a largely peaceful crowd so that POTUS could go get some photos.

How can this even be a question?

You tear gas bomb peaceful protestors in front of a church of which you have never been to so you can film a campaign video walking and holding a Bible upside down and backwards that you have been never read.
I can't argue with this.

Reactions: ericram
Banner day! We have agreement. I agree with this tweet. 100%. 1000%.

Just like in my field. We can’t have bad medical professionals.

The good need to select out the bad. There can’t be a code of acceptance or silence. Simple answer.

Im glad we are back to the actual topic because this is absolutely the point that needs emphasized.
We shouldn't have to have idiots in the white house either, but here we are.

Really? Clear out a crowd using force so that he can use a bible (which he's never read) and a church to prop up his numbers with his Christian base. If you think that is the same thing, you are a brainwashed Trump follower. As a Christian, I think everything he did was an insult to my faith. Using Christianity to prop yourself up is one of the ultimate sins in my mind.

Reactions: nelly02
Huh the first part of his tweet says the following
“When @usparkpolicepio says they didn’t use “CS or CN” tear gas, technically that’s correct”

But you didn’t read the rest. They used a chemical that the Trump Administration’s CDC says falls under the term “tear gas.”

It’s the difference between the truth and the whole truth.

Whether they used tear gas or not, it's inarguable that they used some sort of smoke and rubber bullets to clear what was a largely peaceful crowd so that POTUS could go get some photos.

BEFORE the 7 pm curfew as well. They forced out peaceful protesters, while they had every legal right to assemble.
Just because Ivanka had cooked up the plan for the campaign ad.

I cannot think of any other President who would have done what Trump did Monday night, especially Obama. Trying to project this action on Obama is complete nonsense and a cop out. Be better!
Well maybe Obama should have walked to a Mosque with thee Koran, He would do that.

Yep he does now. If Obama had done this you all and the media would be having orgasms over it.

Yeah, no dawg. Obama actually was a member of a congregation and actually went to church with his family on a regular basis. It was no big deal to them, just a part of their life. That’s something Trump has no concept of. He’s got tee times every Sunday morning.

This. Politicians do this pretty much every day on both sides. The applause from voters is just as funny as the outrage. Its election year Trump is doing whatever his base will applaud and Biden when he makes it out of his basement is doing whatever his base will applaud for. Both sides make fools of us all.

ADVERTISEMENT