ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: What was the best Olympic moment of Paris 2024

What was the best moment of these Olympics?

• Turkish Dad wins pistol silver, hand in pocket

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • American woman who took up cycling as a hobby wins gold street sprint

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • USA women’s rugby goes the length of the field at the death to win bronze

• Pommel horse guy nails his routine to get US men team bronze

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Simone Biles flawless comeback to get team gold

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Algerian boxer wins gold despite online trolls

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Lyles wins bronze despite having COVID

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Men’s 100m photo finish

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other

• Steph Curry lights up France in gold medal game

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
What say you, H-BOT?…
List proves what a kick ass Olympics this was!

I loved the whole Turkish shooter thing.

One amazing thing catching some attention: we tied China on gold and won the most gold contest due to having more silver.

The maligned Algerian boxer defeated a Chinese women. Had she not won, China beats US in gold count.

Another vote for Curry and the basketball team. I’ll always remember this Olympics for the men’s and women’s teams and Raygun the really bad breakdancing lady.

Last edited:
I went with other. My vote goes to Katie Ledecky.

Kathleen Genevieve Ledecky (/ləˈdɛki/ lə-DEK-ee; born March 17, 1997)[6] is an American competitive swimmer. She has won nine Olympic gold medals and 21 world championship gold medals, the most in history for a female swimmer. With 14 medals and 9 gold medals, she is also the most decorated American woman, most decorated female swimmer, the female with the most gold medals (tied with Larisa Latynina) and fifth most decorated athlete in Olympic history.

8LRsC9N.png

Man Sydney Mclaughlin was an absolute beast. I'm kind of partial to that. The photo finishes in swimming too. A huge thing that I'm surprised you didn't mention was that the US women's soccer team is back and not even playing great.

My vote goes to rugby even for a bronze. I was screaming on that one.

All of those are great moments. Was a great olympics.

Last edited:
Turkish dad isn't the whole story. Here he is with his partner:

Subheading-2024-08-02T095541.321-min.jpg

Same stance, same outfit. The only difference is that Sevval Ilayda Tarhan - Yusuf Dikec's partner - is wearing over-ear protection rather than earplugs. She also finished 7th individually while he finished 13th. In the team competition, their scores were within two points of each other. Here's how their silver medal was reported:

Turkish sharpshooter Yusuf Dikeç wins silver at Paris Olympics with minimal gear, becomes internet sensation

Turkish sharpshooter Yusuf Dikeç didn't need special lenses or big ear protectors to win the silver medal in the air pistol team event at the 2024 Paris Olympics.

With one hand in his pants pocket, Dikeç, 51, shot his way to second place, marking a historic moment for his home country and catapulting himself into internet fandom.

Serbia's Damir Mikec and Zorana Arunović won gold and India's Manu Bhaker and Sarabjot Singh took bronze.

Shooters are allowed some freedom in what they wear, The Associated Press reported. Most wear large ear protectors and visors or blinders over one eye to help with focus and to reduce the glare of the lights.

But Dikeç skipped the fancy, high-tech gear and wore just small yellow earplugs and a seemingly regular pair of glasses. His partner, Şevval İlayda Tarhan, also didn't wear any blinders and kept one hand tucked in her pocket. Their win was Turkey’s first medal in an Olympic shooting event.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
So far:

100m photo finish pulling away for gold.

Steph and Turkish dad’s silver in silver position.

Alaskan cycling hobbyist gold and USA Rugby Bronze buzzer beater in bronze.

For me it was easily men’s 1500m where two completely ignored Americans stole the show over the two favorites who had been squabbling as if they were auditioning for Real Housewives.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT