ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who was the best player in Iowa's 2012 recruiting class?

Who was the best player in Iowa's 2012 recruiting class?

• C.J. Beathard

• Jaleel Johnson

• George Kittle

• Nate Meier

• Drew Ott

• Other - Please list below

Results are only viewable after voting.
Best college player, CJ Beathard
Best player at the end of their playing career, George Kittle

Greg Mabin and Tevaun Smith should have been options on the list too. I'd consider having them if you also have Nate and Drew.

Shocked this isnt a clear Kittle. Hes dominating his position at the NFL level. I loved CJ big time. I get it, and his production in college was better. I guess I'm reading it as who was simply the best so I'm taking NFL into consideration. Or if it was a video game who would have the highest overall number next to their name. I would agree CJ was more productive and impactful in his college days. It's really hard for me to say knowing what we know about both players now that Kittle isnt a clear best. Hard to say he isnt one of the best for us ever based on what hes doing in the NFL.

Shocked this isnt a clear Kittle. Hes dominating his position at the NFL level. I loved CJ big time. I get it, and his production in college was better. I guess I'm reading it as who was simply the best so I'm taking NFL into consideration. Or if it was a video game who would have the highest overall number next to their name. I would agree CJ was more productive and impactful in his college days. It's really hard for me to say knowing what we know about both players now that Kittle isnt a clear best. Hard to say he isnt one of the best for us ever based on what hes doing in the NFL.

I was as big a CJ fan as anyone, but I think Kittle was better than him in college as well as the NFL. Kittle just wasn't utilized to the best of his abilities while in college. Of course you could say QB is obviously a more important position than TE, so I could see either way, but in relation to others at their position, Kittle was better.

I voted Kittle as I guess we should think about overall career, but if we adjusted the question to:

which player was the most dominant while playing at Iowa?

then sadly I think the best answer is Drew Ott. That guy was more dominant than AJE the start of his senior year.

Can't believe Ott didn't get more love. He was on his way to an All-American sesson when he went down against Illinois

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
ADVERTISEMENT