• Cade McNamara?

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Bierhalter

HB All-State
Aug 15, 2023
This is assuming that McNamara will be QB1 when he is cleared to play, whenever that will be this season. Who you got?

looking at the situation from KF, based on his past history…. The qb1 is Hill until injury or an NFL talent like CJ or Ricky shows up as qb2 in practice and Iowa loses 4 in a row. From what I saw of Cade, he doesn’t have the talent like CJ or Ricky did.
They can't really keep McNamara behind Hill if/when he gets healthy..............can they?

This is assuming that McNamara will be QB1 when he is cleared to play, whenever that will be this season. Who you got?
No portal quarterback will come to Iowa to be a backup unless they have Deacon Hill-level talent.

Everyone knows the saying when people show you who they are believe them. We’ve known Kirk for two and a half decades. If McNamara is healthy, he will be the starter. Deacon Hill will be #2 because he “takes care of the football” (I now understand what Kirk meant by having a few blind spots.) Lainez will get the Joey Labas treatment this year and the incoming freshman will by the end of the season be elevated above him.

Same story, different year. But if Kirk wants to prove everyone wrong that he is not as stubborn as he is clueless about quarterback play, by all means.

looking at the situation from KF, based on his past history…. The qb1 is Hill until injury or an NFL talent like CJ or Ricky shows up as qb2 in practice and Iowa loses 4 in a row. From what I saw of Cade, he doesn’t have the talent like CJ or Ricky did.
Hill was not the #1 QB until Cade went down.
If Cade is healthy again he will be #1 and hopefully Marco will pass Hill by fall.

No portal quarterback will come to Iowa to be a backup unless they have Deacon Hill-level talent.

Everyone knows the saying when people show you who they are believe them. We’ve known Kirk for two and a half decades. If McNamara is healthy, he will be the starter. Deacon Hill will be #2 because he “takes care of the football” (I now understand what Kirk meant by having a few blind spots.) Lainez will get the Joey Labas treatment this year and the incoming freshman will by the end of the season be elevated above him.

Same story, different year. But if Kirk wants to prove everyone wrong that he is not as stubborn as he is clueless about quarterback play, by all means.

Well I am hoping with an actual really good past QB as the OC, Lester will be able to identify the best qb to start the season. Cade will be studying the playbook all spring and summer so he should know it. Cade will start practicing when he can during the summer so I expect him to show up for August camp ready to go.

But does another QB pass up Cade?

I am hoping that either Cade is healthy and ready to go or Marco or Resar are just far out in front of Cade. If Hill doesnt improve I doubt Lester would trot him out there

But Hill has more experience in the offense at this point. That might count for something.
Well I hope it is not the same offense.

If Kirk lets Lester bring in RPO where the qb has to ride that running back while looking at the defense I dont think Hill would be good for that. Lester is quoted as saying he likes accuracy and smarts reading defenses over a bazooka arm.

One thing the depth chart will give us is an idea of how much control of the offense that KF gave to Lester. If Hill is anywhere near the two deeps that'll be a pretty big clue.
Camps are going to be interesting all offseason. Let me go on record that the coaches would do well to hit the portal, and move Hill along if they can bring in a G5 starter/backup, or a guy with ideally multiple years of starting experience at an FCS program. But, who knows? Maybe part of Lester taking the OC job is that he likes the QB room and the coaches are comfortable rolling with who they've got next season.

Kirk Ferentz’s Iowa Hawkeyes just won 10 games with Deacon Hill as the QB.
Nothing in Kirk’s coaching history should suggest anybody other than Deacon Hill will get the nod when the time comes, and he just came out and said it’s business as usual at FerentzCo.
I‘ll honestly be surprised if Deacon and Cade don’t start spring practice as QB1a and QB1b.

Almost need two different polls. 1) for who we THINK will be QB2. 2) for who we HOPE is QB2.

For #1–unfortunately I think it will be Hill.
For #2–please anyone but Hill!!

• Haha
Reactions: Underscore2
Kirk Ferentz’s Iowa Hawkeyes just won 10 games with Deacon Hill as the QB.
Nothing in Kirk’s coaching history should suggest anybody other than Deacon Hill will get the nod when the time comes, and he just came out and said it’s business as usual at FerentzCo.
I‘ll honestly be surprised if Deacon and Cade don’t start spring practice as QB1a and QB1b.
Cade will be the starter, but in Kirk's history naming a TR freshman as 2nd string leads to that freshman often being the starter.

And let’s be honest, Hill had 8 picks and a number of fumbles (we lost 11 as a team, cannot seem to find Deacons share)

Given how few passes he threw and how few times he ran with the ball, not exactly stellar ball security. Kirk?
Sure, Deacon Hill was involved in a lot of turnovers in the games, but apparently he’s really focused in practice and barely ever loses the ball. We should all be aware how important practice performance is to KF.
Plus, I heard that he’s very polite when talks with the staff.

With senile Kirk at the helm who the hell knows. Who would have imagined he'd go with turnover machine hill when he preaches ball security :rolleyes:

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
Cade was brought here to play qb at a decent level. Our oline has to be better and we need to keep him upright. Cade better be our starter or we're in trouble

It is totally asinine that we are still talking about Deacon Hill as a starting QB of any kind at any D1 school.he is the worst QB I’ve seen in 50 + years of watching college football. I have 4 season tickets and between myself and father have had tickets for those 50 years. I will never sit in Kinnick and watch Deacon Hill start a game ever again . Kirk has lost his mind if Hill is anywhere near QB 1 , QB 2 or QB 3. He is not a DIV 1 QB

I’ve commented on other threads about Hill being #1 QB. I’m 63 years old and I know I could beat him in a 40. Just imagine trying to evaluate someone that slow for D1 football QB. It’s really quite sad.

Hill loses a hundred pounds....who knows. I refuse to believe that Lester will be as dumb and stubborn as Brian regarding his QBs'. I also don't believe McNamara will be the starter, or even play again. He is made of porcelain and think his career might be over, I hope that I am wrong.

I would be really happy if it is someone other than Hill. But the OC doesn't matter. This is KF's offense.
Brian is not there anymore. He was the one choosing Hill after Cade went down.
I believe Kirk will give Lester the control over choosing the QB of his choice. Offense might be the same but with a different QB.

• Haha
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Hill loses a hundred pounds....who knows. I refuse to believe that Lester will be as dumb as Brian regarding his QBs'. I also don't believe McNamara will be the starter, or even play again. He is made of porcelain and think his career might be over, I hope that I am wrong.
This could be the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT