ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who will have more wins this season?

HRiscool

HB Heisman
Feb 28, 2007
question.r191677.gif

I picked Nebraska, since I am a homer like that. Btw, thanks for your ongoing hospitality toward myself on your forum. I appreciate good banter with competing teams fans, and you guys (and gals) are quite polite to me for the most part.

I actually picked Nebraska on fumes and hopes, of course. I have little idea what Riley can do but I have some idea of the talent that he inherited. He was also able to retain almost all of the key players recruited by Pelini, so as long as he can coach at all we should have a decent year. If we drop below 9 wins I won't be worried, unless it's to 7 or fewer. I don't see any good reason for that outcome, or any good excuse.

For Iowa, your team has a GREAT schedule in terms of winnability. From my perspective, Davis remains the weak link and I remain puzzled over his hiring. Iowa pays well enough to command respect among the top tiers of assistants, but I also don't recall who else was considered or available at the time. Davis seems like a cat on his 9th life.

Kirk makes some interesting playcalls that sometimes seem to decide the game in the oppositions favor. Perhaps this year those calls go for Iowa. I think Iowa can win 10, reasonably. I actually think it will be 9, though, with one very disappointing home loss to an unexpected team.

This, if it happens, will place Iowa and its fans in an interesting position. Kirk's last few years will have had such wild swings it will be extremely difficult to fire him but not at all clear he should be retained either. Maybe an 8-9 win season with a bowl win on top will satiate the fans, I don't have a gauge on your fans in general.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Iowa win the west and end up getting demolished by OSU. I expect that will happen to whatever team wins the west, though, so it's not meant as an insult.

Do you think 8 wins and a bowl LOSS would get him canned?

It should be a very interesting year for sure.

I picked Nebraska because they have more talent and a better coach. I asked for Mike Riley to come to Iowa several times and nobody wanted him, I think he'll be really good at Nebraska. If he cannot recruit to sooth the masses he'll probably be gone in a couple of years too.

When Riley accomplishes at Nebraska what KF has at Iowa I want you to come back to this foam and I'll say you were right. I personally don't think he'll finish in the top ten four times in his first ten years.

Originally posted by illhawkdvv:

When Riley accomplishes at Nebraska what KF has at Iowa I want you to come back to this foam and I'll say you were right. I personally don't think he'll finish in the top ten four times in his first ten years.
To have a chance at lasting 10 years Riley would have to win 3 NCs minimum.

I think Riley is an excellent acquisition for Nebraska. Pelini's final press conference showed us just how misplaced he was at a division I school. He spent most of that last opportunity to talk to his players dropping profane insults at the AD and just a portion of it actually promising his players he would be there for them.

That's all behind the Huskers. I think Riley will improve recruiting, although I don't know if it will be enough to lock the Huskers in the top 15 any time soon.

I tend to agree with the prevailing wisdom on this board about KF. Ever since the disastrous 2010 Wisconsin fake punt, it's been mostly a nightmare.

I still root for both teams, enjoy engaging many on this forum in that regard and was desperately hoping for Iowa to pull out that win against Wisconsin. If Stave doesn't become inexplicably mobile in the last two minutes, we have a great shot at making that our best win in a couple years.

All Nebraska's big games are at home minus Miami.

Nebraska road schedule
Miami
Illinois
Minnesota
Purdue
Rutgers

That and the fact that Iowa is not good, I pick Nebraska.

No, but I posted a childhood pic of myself under one my aliases, HawkeyeDenny on the 'Emails for Barta...' thread.
That kid is a lot cuter than I was!

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:
Originally posted by HRiscool:
question.r191677.gif
Whichever team scores more points than their opponents the greater amount of times, will have more wins.
Everyone on this board owes you a thank you for making them feel like a genius.

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:

question.r191677.gif
Whichever team scores more points than their opponents the greater amount of times, will have more wins.
Everyone on this board owes you a thank you for making them feel like a genius.

So everyone on this board felt stupid before? You can 'feel' anyway you'd like, but it doesn't change the truth.
I am on a level that few who read this site can assimilate, and your post here affirms that.
The statements made and questions asked by 'everyone' on this site make it all quite indubitable to the enlightened.
This site is nothing more than MS recess, where a group of overgrown children suffering form SPS come to have virtual 'sword fights'. Don't believe me? There is a group talking about who could beat up who on another thread as we speak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT