ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Would You Comply With A National or State-Wide Mask Requirement?

How likely are you to comply with a national or state-wide requirement to wear a mask? (see comment)

• I like the idea, but I won't comply most of the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the idea, but I won't comply.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Idaho ranks 12th in cases per million, but 37th in deaths per million.

Must be doing something right.

It's a largely rural state so they were somewhat sheltered from the initial wave (much like Iowa). but make no mistake, their cases are up significantly as are their hospitalizations, ICU occupancy and deaths in recent weeks. And if the crazy faction there gets their way, it will continue to get much worse for them. Idaho had ~100 deaths in the first four months of the outbreak. In the last three months they have over 500 deaths. That seems a long ways from doing something right IMO.

Agree.

Shouldn't that logic also to extend to old and unhealthy people who are most at risk of dying?

But define "being out". Sure, the elderly and those with significant pre-existing conditions still need life. They don't need to go to bars/restaurants, movies, hang out at parks, etc., but these people still need to get to/from medical appointments, still need groceries, still need to do things like renew licenses, get cars serviced, etc.

If society in general is following safeguards, it should be relatively safe to make a run to the grocery store or go to the doctor. This is why the abject refusal by some to distance and mask is so maddening.

A mask is not a sign of fear or panic. A mask is the pandemic equivalent of wearing a life jacket when you're swimming in a big body of water with either unknown risk under the water or strong currents/tides. Each time you jump in the water, you're pretty unlikely to drown and the jacket isn't super comfortable, but it's a helpful safeguard.

The next time you dunce-post on HROT will be yet another in your endless string.

Nobody ever told you losing hte gene pool lottery was going to be easy, did they?

The irony that a person like you that questions mask wearing and calling other folks dunces is high comedy. You're the resident fool here and you don't even realize it. We're all laughing at you, ya know?

Reactions: RileyHawk
We have had a mask mandate indoors here in southern Oregon since July, but I definitely don't see anywhere close to 90% compliance like some of you. At bigger stores the compliance is close to that (although 40% don't wear them appropriately which nullifies effectiveness), but if I go into a gas station to grab beer it's 20%-40% compliance. I'd say overall it's about 40%-50% compliance if you include wearing them so they cover your mouth and nose.

And yes we have way more cases then much more populated/crowded areas like where my sister lives (Berkeley), where 95%+ of people actually wear their masks appropriately.

And in case anyone wonders southern Oregon is Trump country bigly

The irony that a person like you that questions mask wearing and calling other folks dunces is high comedy. You're the resident fool here and you don't even realize it. We're all laughing at you, ya know?

The bigger irony is that you're dumb enough to imagine I'm questioning mask-wearing instead of questioning totalitarianism.

I mean, that's a SPECIAL kind of stoooooooooooooopid!

Those who continually bring up Europe need to stop. I have a friend who has spent the past 2 months in Italy and until the past few days they have been wide open. Europe reopened to travel within its borders so its not surprising they are now having a resurgence. No one has ever said masks alone will stop the spread. Masks plus social distancing will slow it. There is no one that wants this to be over more than me. But we are a country full of apparent toddlers who want to throw tantrums over being asked to do something simple to help everyone. It’s mind boggling.

Reactions: Fluffles
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT