ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: you can only keep 3 trophies, which one goes?

Which one do you drop? Can only keep 3.

• The pig (Minny)

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • The bull (wisky)

Votes: 26 18.6%
  • The Cyhawk (ISU)

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • The Heroes (Nebby)

Votes: 54 38.6%

• Total voters
The Nebraska and Wisconsin trophies are contrived...no history or story behind them. CyHawk isn't far behind...but at least it represents an in-state rivalry.

Drop the Heroes...it's about as fake as they get.

Rivalry trophies have become like bowl games. There are too many of them and as such, the value of the really cool ones has been diluted.

We've been purposely losing the Wisky game simply because we don't want that stupid trophy, so I'd say that one.

The Nebraska and Wisconsin trophies are contrived...no history or story behind them. CyHawk isn't far behind...but at least it represents an in-state rivalry.

Drop the Heroes...it's about as fake as they get.

Rivalry trophies have become like bowl games. There are too many of them and as such, the value of the really cool ones has been diluted.

The CyHawk trophy used to be something. It was a crappy 1977 bowling league-level trophy, but it was organic and real. Then they decided to replace it corporately and it went over terribly.

You're right, the Heroes trophy is about as fake as it gets.

The Wisconsin game was a great rivalry. Corporately producing an unnecessary and fake trophy after about 80 games was lame.

Floyd is #1, AINEC. It's perhaps the most iconic rivalry trophy in all of college football, with a storied history. It has to stay.

The Heroes & Heartland are so new, I could see either one going. Both trophies look a bit amateurish in design, the Heroes trophy is especially generic.

And as much as I hate ISU, at least it's decently designed (finally!) and has more history under its heels.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Floyd is #1, AINEC. It's perhaps the most iconic rivalry trophy in all of college football, with a storied history. It has to stay.

Absolutely agree. Keep Floyd, he goes back to 1935 or so. Plus the Gophers suck.

The rest, dump them in a landfill. Why does a rivalry game have to provide a trophy to the winner? What dumbass though that up?

Michigan and Ohio State have been playing for more than a century with no trophy involved. It is "The Game." No lame-ass in marketing thought that up, it just is.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_12
We should be playing Illini every year for an iconic Chevy Blazer trophy.

Actually, the new Blazers look pretty damn nice!!

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Absolutely agree. Keep Floyd, he goes back to 1935 or so. Plus the Gophers suck.

The rest, dump them in a landfill. Why does a rivalry game have to provide a trophy to the winner? What dumbass though that up?

Michigan and Ohio State have been playing for more than a century with no trophy involved. It is "The Game." No lame-ass in marketing thought that up, it just is.
Actually the winners of The Game get some elitist douchey individual prizes like gold pens or some sh** like that.

These are the trophies worth saving in the B1G:
Floyd of Rosedale
Paul Bunyan’s Axe
Little Brown Jug
Old Oaken Bucket
Paul Bunyan Trophy
Old Brass Spittoon (maybe)

The rest are kind of lame.
What? No illibuck or how ever it is spelled? Didn’t Illinois and NW just dump their trophy?

Drop them all for one of these:

f05b16ae2b9d9144552b4f5f006d00ad--rose-bowl-game-the-rose-bowl.jpg

I think Iowa plays more trophy games than anyone.
Edit-

Notre Dame leads the way with 6 trophy games (USC, Michigan State, Purdue, Boston College, Stanford, Navy)

Navy is next with 5 though, technically they only play for one trophy against Army and Air Force (Army, Air Force, SMU, Maryland, Notre Dame)

Iowa and Minnesota are tied for 3rd with 4.

That is based on the limited research I just did..............

Last edited:
Edit-

Notre Dame leads the way with 6 trophy games (USC, Michigan State, Purdue, Boston College, Stanford, Navy)

Navy is next with 5 though, technically they only play for one trophy against Army and Air Force (Army, Air Force, SMU, Maryland, Notre Dame)

Iowa and Minnesota are tied for 3rd with 4.

That is based on the limited research I just did..............
The ONLY good thing you can say about Minnesota is that their trophies are the best in CFB. Of course they have Floyd vs Iowa, Little Brown Jug vs Michigan, and Paul Bunyan’s Axe vs Wisconsin. Even the newer $5 bits of Broken Chair trophy vs Nebraska is pretty awesome.

Honestly Iowa has Floyd of Rosedale (awesome) and some other lame ones.

Last edited:
The ONLY good thing you can say about Minnesota is that their trophies are the best in CFB. Of course they have Floyd vs Iowa, Little Brown Jug vs Michigan, and Paul Bunyan’s Axe vs Wisconsin. Even the newer $5 bits of Broken Chair trophy vs Nebraska is pretty awesome.

Honestly Iowa has Floyd of Rosedale (awesome) and some other lame ones.
I like the concept of the Heartland Trophy. It's just that a bronze bull isn't exactly indicative of Iowa and Wisconsin. I know they couldn't put a cow there, but still......

Nevertheless, I have no problem with the trophy aside from the unfortunate fact that it usually resides in Madison most years.

Illinois and Northwestern play for the Land of Lincoln trophy which is an Abe Lincoln style top hat. It sucks.

They played for the Sweet Sioux Tomahawk from 1945 to 2008.

The hat is a decade old and designed by a Dick Tracy(!!) cartoonist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT