ADVERTISEMENT

Poor John Boehner

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
He has failed to get a measly 3 week extension to fund Homeland Security. The very thing Republicans bash Democrats about so often. Keeping America safe, and Boehner cannot get the people manning the check points, and border security agents paid.
He is in charge of nothing. He isn't Speaker of the House of Representatives in practice. It's a title only.. He isn't even in charge of his own caucus.

Worthless information here, We spent Thanksgiving week this past year in a rented house on Marco Island Florida. We pull up to our house and the house next to it has 3 big SUVs in the driveway with men inside of the SUVs and some men outside of the SUVs. Come to find out Boehner and his family are staying the week in the house right next door. We saw him several times and I saw the son in law dreds and all on Thanksgiving day as I was getting ready to stand up paddle board.

CSB..

Lies, lies, lies. The Democrats have been filibustering and have voted down the bill in the senate FOUR times. The party of "no" strikes again.

But don't let those little facts get in the way of your propaganda.

Originally posted by IMCC965:
Lies, lies, lies. The Democrats have been filibustering and have voted down the bill in the senate FOUR times. The party of "no" strikes again.

The said this would not happen only if they were given the keys to the joint. Pelosi and Reid could deliver their caucus. John Boy cannot deliver squat or negotiate with his own caucus and he does not have the standing in the Senate to even make a phone call. It didn't take long for Republican flaws to show up.

BS, Obama is putting the priorities of illegal aliens over the safety of American citizens. Republicans have tried to fund the DHS, but the party of supporting criminals blocked its passage. Democrats want to fund illegal aliens and something that has been deemed illegal by the courts. Why did the libs get their asses kicked this past fall? The american people are sick and tired of President or should I say King Obama changing laws and enforcing what he wants without the oversight of Congress. We were set up as 3 branches of the government to make sure there are checks and balances, but Obama fails to understand that. This is on the democrats and Obama, but people like yourself who obviously support illegal activity and our proving that you are a low information voter think otherwise.

You can't filabuster in the house. I think your talking points are confused.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

Not only that apparently Republicans cannot figure out that legislation can fund DHS and then they can bring in new legislation to deal with the other issues. They do not know how to legislate and that has been obvious for some time. In fact they suck at it.

I said SENATE.

Originally posted by wildcatdad:

Not only that apparently Republicans cannot figure out that legislation can fund DHS and then they can bring in new legislation to deal with the other issues. They do not know how to legislate and that has been obvious for some time. In fact they suck at it.
They tell us all the time how little they think of government. Any wonder they don't know how to make it work?

I said SENATE.
Oh I thought you were talking about this the topic in this thread. Apologies. So if they are filibustering in the senate, how are they also voting on it four times? Are Ds voting to breaks the filibuster?

I said SENATE.
Oh I thought you were talking about this the topic in this thread. Apologies. So if they are filibustering in the senate, how are they also voting on it four times? Are Ds voting to breaks the filibuster?

If they cannot fund vital agencies and services then what at they going to do when they have something tough to legislate.

If they cannot fund vital agencies and services then what at they going to do when they have something tough to legislate.
Unfunded mandate to the States would be my guess. It's the Rs favorite answer to every problem.

Unfunded mandate to the States would be my guess. It's the Rs favorite answer to every problem.
House R's are a confused bunch. lol

Originally posted by Gonzo3705:
Boehner sucks so bad. He should go and cry now.
Bibi should be proud that he hooked his wagon to this incompetent bunch. They cannot fund DHS, how are they going to confront Iran.
clown.r191677.gif

Look at IMCC being a little trooper tonight. The Republicans can't even pass a bill in the House that they control. This was a humiliating defeat for Boehner. It's a slap in the face for his whole leadership group.
Here's a clue for you, IMCC. You never bring a bill up when you haven't counted your votes first. Boehner effed up here. Now he's got Nancy Pelosi bailing him out with the chance of a one week extension. We'll see if Boehner makes use of the time. Mitch McConnell has him hanging out in the wind on this one.
But, in IMCC's deluded world this is somehow Obama and the Democrats fault.
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by lucas80:

Look at IMCC being a little trooper tonight. The Republicans can't even pass a bill in the House that they control. This was a humiliating defeat for Boehner. It's a slap in the face for his whole leadership group.
Here's a clue for you, IMCC. You never bring a bill up when you haven't counted your votes first. Boehner effed up here. Now he's got Nancy Pelosi bailing him out with the chance of a one week extension. We'll see if Boehner makes use of the time. Mitch McConnell has him hanging out in the wind on this one.
But, in IMCC's deluded world this is somehow Obama and the Democrats fault.
laugh.r191677.gif
So you support illegal activity and support putting the safety of the American people at risk so illegal aliens can run free in this country. I think you are living in the deluded world

Originally posted by RNHawk:

So you support illegal activity and support putting the safety of the American people at risk so illegal aliens can run free in this country. I think you are living in the deluded world
Could you diagram this logic trail for us? TiA.

Well, it takes an expert to talk about flaws in government. When Boehner talks about Obama's "lack of leadership" he is to be listened to, because he certainly understands what is all involved in this claim. Boehner seems to be taking "lack of leadership" to new levels in DC.
I don't envy Boehner, nor do I envy his responsibility. He seems to be in charge of a Party who has a large segment that believes the best way to govern is week by week. Te conservative wing of the GOP is a microcosm of today's American society..."It is all about "me first"....The cons couldn't lead a duck to water.

Could you diagram this logic trail for us? TiA.
I'm also waiting on an answer. It'll be a long wait. If Republicans want to talk about immigration reform they are more than free to write a nice piece of legislation and present it to President Obama. They have control of Congress. Nothing is preventing John Boehner from crafting a bill and shepherding it through Congress that will solve all of our nations immigration woes.
Boehner is picking the wrong fight.

I can't believe I have to explain this, but here it goes, the republicans have a bill that the dems filabustered which funds the DHS fully except obamas executive action on immigration. This same action has been deemed illegal by the courts. Obama and the dems want to fund this illegal action and are willing to not fund the DHS so illegal immigrants can run free in this country. Some of these same illegals who have been set free by obamas policies have murdered innocent citizens of this country. fYI this is from my iPhone so please excuse my grammar and spelling

This ruling was done by one judge in one federal court. I invite you to follow the attached link to view some of the biases this federal judge has shown on this issue in the past. However, as usual, RN has missed the larger point. The republicans have every right to draft, debate, and pass an immigration bill. The president has said he welcomes that very thing. In fact, Boehner had a chance to vote on an immigration bill last year that had bipartisan support and would have a avoided this entire mess, but he refused to allow a vote.

http://www.newsweek.com/judge-who-halted-obamas-immigration-reform-309776

If the pubbers think DHS and immigration are the same issue, pass that and let the public will decide who is at fault.

Everyone who was hoping that DHS would be shut down must be pretty pissed about the extension.

Now those 30K employees won't get their vacations (vacations that would ultimately be paid, if past practices are followed).

Now the borders won't be flung open, giving vigilantes their chance to shoot illegals with impunity.

Now NSA will continue to make file sharing and online piracy a little bit risky, protecting Hollywood and major entertainment corporations.

Damn Congress, always spoiling our fun.

Originally posted by Sooner-Be-Dead:
If the pubbers think DHS and immigration are the same issue, pass that and let the public will decide who is at fault.
It is to them because its not about the safety of our country or immigration. It is only about one thing......Obama, pure and simple.

Originally posted by Sooner-Be-Dead:
Obama's executive action on immigration is being administered by DHS, so yea they are the same issue

Originally posted by theiacowtipper:
This ruling was done by one judge in one federal court. I invite you to follow the attached link to view some of the biases this federal judge has shown on this issue in the past. However, as usual, RN has missed the larger point. The republicans have every right to draft, debate, and pass an immigration bill. The president has said he welcomes that very thing. In fact, Boehner had a chance to vote on an immigration bill last year that had bipartisan support and would have a avoided this entire mess, but he refused to allow a vote.

maybe you should let them have a chance since they have only had the senate for about 2 months

sad time that we live in where some of you put the rights and safety of criminals above American citizens. Obama has even told the border patrol to let people suspected of DUI go free. I guess I am not surprised the lengths some of you will go to, to support Obama

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/05/drunk-illegal-alien-killed-cop-qualified-obama-amnesty/

http://www.kpho.com/story/25982202/mother-of-sergeant-killed-by-illegal-immigrant-writes-obama
http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/02/27/family-clerk-allegedly-murdered-illegal-immigrant-calls-out-obama-admin
http://www.kpho.com/story/28108702/border-patrol-agents-directed-to-release-drunk-drivers

Boehner is facing a the possibility of a challenge from his right. I don't think he loses his Speaker of the House job, but, it's being whispered.

I'm all for that. Get the votes counted and get it to the president. However, it does not belong in this bill with the threat of a shutdown.

maybe you should let them have a chance since they have only had the senate for about 2 months
roll.r191677.gif

RN....it's the GOP's turn to get "GOP'd"......What works for the goose will work for the gander.

Why should Dems abandon their principle belief of a road to citizenship, because the GOP (as a Party) cannot design an effective, pallatable bill for Congress to pass?
The guys who are holding up this legislation are folks who believe it is feasible to deport some 11M residents back to Mexico and Latin America and break up families. . These GOPers are just being obtuse and are willing to jeopardize the health and welfare of the American citizenery to make a point in which they are obviously in a huge minority.

Originally posted by joelbc1:

roll.r191677.gif

RN....it's the GOP's turn to get "GOP'd"......What works for the goose will work for the gander.

Why should Dems abandon their principle belief of a road to citizenship, because the GOP (as a Party) cannot design an effective, pallatable bill for Congress to pass?
The guys who are holding up this legislation are folks who believe it is feasible to deport some 11M residents back to Mexico and Latin America and break up families. . These GOPers are just being obtuse and are willing to jeopardize the health and welfare of the American citizenery to make a point in which they are obviously in a huge minority.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/11/20/americans-strongly-support-a-path-to-citizenship-that-means-less-than-you-think/

Originally posted by joelbc1:

roll.r191677.gif

A repubber on the talk shows was complaining that Democrats are holding things up. Is that rich or what?
laugh.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT