ADVERTISEMENT

Poor Transfer Portal Recruiting Is Already Evident

You want Keegan to transfer to a good team so you can cheer for him… ok. Before I put you on ignore, just wanted to apologize because I was gonna tell you to go **** yourself sideways until I realized you must be a cyclone troll and were just being provocative. I mean, if you were actually an Iowa fan and you wrote that mindless ridiculous moronic drivel, I would’ve had to tell you to ream yourself silly with a splintery 2x4 and then commit seppuku with a rusty butter knife beginning at the colonoscopy end of your GI tract. But no, you’re doing what God and nature intended you to do as a clown fan, which is post dumbass shit to piss us off. Well done, sir. Now bugger off.

If you got hate in your heart, let it out.

Now that the Hawks have finally played some teams with a pulse and where Rebraca isn't the biggest guy on the court, it's pretty clear just how badly the staff failed the current players by not recruiting the transfer portal harder to fill the glaring holes on an otherwise fantastic roster. There were literally 2,000 players in the transfer portal last year and Fran chose instead to waste a scholarship on Ash? 2,000!

Iowa's centers had a grand total of 3 points vs. Illinois. Why Fran made that poor Mulvey kid graduate a year early so that he can "contribute" can only be chalked up to lazy recruiting. Why he gave a scholarship to Austin Ash, who will not see a meaningful minute all season, is incompetence.

This team has too much talent going to waste simply because they are missing one or two pieces that were readily available in the transfer portal. Every other team in the Big 10 did it. How many small conference all Americans would have killed for the chance to have Ash's scholarship this year? Or Mulvey's and let him play his senior year in high school rather than sit at the end of the Iowa bench?

Last edited:
Now that the Hawks have finally played some teams with a pulse and where Rebraca isn't the biggest guy on the court, it's pretty clear just how badly the staff failed the current players by not recruiting the transfer portal harder to fill the glaring holes on an otherwise fantastic roster.

Iowa's centers had a grand total of 3 points vs. Illinois. Why Fran made that poor Mulvey kid graduate a year early so that he can "contribute" can only be chalked up to lazy recruiting. Why he gave a scholarship to Austin Ash, who will not see a meaningful minute all season, is incompetence. This team has too much talent going to waste as a result of missing one or two pieces that were readily available in the transfer portal. How many small conference all Americans would have killed for the chance to have Ash's scholarship this year? Or Mulvey's?

Fran would have needed to jettison one of the assistants and hire that Minnesota 7ft center's (robbins?) uncle to get a true impact center. It is hard to replace assistants whose only job is to say "yes" to playing Fran's kids more than they should, or saying yes to defense optional, or more zone please.

The other option was re-recruiting Nunge with some NFT money and guaranteed green light to shoot 3pt shots at at a 30% clip but Fran already has that greenlight given to his two boys . I get that Nunge wanted to go back home and it might not be possible, but Xavier is not super close.

The glaring hole in Fran's portal recruiting is quality. Uthoff was a stud but he was returning home, not Fran.. Rebracca is a little bit step forrward over Bakari --so good pickup. However, not the impact player that Illini got with that shooting guard that basically did in Iowa.

This Iowa team can be NCAA tourney team and maybe even win a sweet 16 game, but Fran will have to make some decisions that go against his tendencies and I doubt that will happen.

Playing time for Fran starts with DNA connection and then seniority is next in line. There is no other coach in country that would not start both Murrays and Perkins or make CMAC the 6th man on the team.

Now that the Hawks have finally played some teams with a pulse and where Rebraca isn't the biggest guy on the court, it's pretty clear just how badly the staff failed the current players by not recruiting the transfer portal harder to fill the glaring holes on an otherwise fantastic roster.

Iowa's centers had a grand total of 3 points vs. Illinois. Why Fran made that poor Mulvey kid graduate a year early so that he can "contribute" can only be chalked up to lazy recruiting. Why he gave a scholarship to Austin Ash, who will not see a meaningful minute all season, is incompetence. This team has too much talent going to waste as a result of missing one or two pieces that were readily available in the transfer portal. How many small conference all Americans would have killed for the chance to have Ash's scholarship this year? Or Mulvey's?
Well, at least you're not making back handed compliments any more. Now it's just full on Hawk hatred. Haven't figured out if you're an ISU or Nebraska fan yet. You obviously didn't go to Iowa law school, and despite you're avatar, you are no lawyer.

I hear what you're saying but if we were to break down numbers are we sure that if you looked at jordans 3pt% and subtracted what he gives up on defense; he may actually be worse that someone that plays good defense but shoots 5-10% worse.
People fall in love with a guy because they have a few big games but never see the poor defense that actually led to more points for the other team than that person scored.
Why do so many Iowa fans have a loser penchant for recruiting whether it be the portal or not? Guys on here are stating Iowa can't get scorer or defenders from the portal. For God's sake, why not? Some of you guys think any potential star should leave early. Not every team pushes stars out the door like we do. Is staying and playing 4-5 years a probation period? Can't we cease being a training base and wish to make our programs something to be proud of? Done ranting.

Reactions: IowasLaw
Why do so many Iowa fans have a loser penchant for recruiting whether it be the portal or not? Guys on here are stating Iowa can't get scorer or defenders from the portal. For God's sake, why not? Some of you guys think any potential star should leave early. Not every team pushes stars out the door like we do. Is staying and playing 4-5 years a probation period? Can't we cease being a training base and wish to make our programs something to be proud of? Done ranting.
I'm confused. Who's left early recently? Wieskamp? Who else?

If someone is good enough for the NBA, they should leave right away for their sake. I'd love to have them longer, but with only so much youth, they have to strike while the iron's hot.

If Fran hits the portal last season and gets a proven scorer to be 3rd or even 2nd option ahead of Wezzy Iowa does not get boat raced by Oregon. Luka deserved more help than what he had last season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT