ADVERTISEMENT

Portable Monitors?

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
I'm looking for something to pair with a laptop while traveling. I'll be spending a week in Ohio later this year for a wedding and hope to get work done on several days while my wife visits cousins and shit.
I'd also like sometime I could take up to the cabin midweek so I could get some fishing in.
My work is pretty screen intensive, I typically run dual 24" screens but figure I can get by for a few days with the laptop screen and a paired monitor.
Anyone have something they like?

Could probs add a second screen.

FE_acveWUBMMJNU.jpg

I'm looking for something to pair with a laptop while traveling. I'll be spending a week in Ohio later this year for a wedding and hope to get work done on several days while my wife visits cousins and shit.
I'd also like sometime I could take up to the cabin midweek so I could get some fishing in.
My work is pretty screen intensive, I typically run dual 24" screens but figure I can get by for a few days with the laptop screen and a paired monitor.
Mac or PC?

Cast to a TV?

IOGEAR Wireless Mobile and PC to HDTV Screen Sharing Receiver https://a.co/d/08Jc37eS

Or go to Walmart, buy a monitor, return it towards the end of the trip and tell them it is mid. Buy the most mid looking monitor in store so you seem honest.

• Haha
Reactions: Flie
There's usually some older HDMI equipped TV's in the 24" range that won't cost more than $50 on FBM or CL. Sometimes they can go for as low as $20.

Cast to a TV?

IOGEAR Wireless Mobile and PC to HDTV Screen Sharing Receiver https://a.co/d/08Jc37eS

Or go to Walmart, buy a monitor, return it towards the end of the trip and tell them it is mid. Buy the most mid looking monitor in store so you seem honest.
I'm ok buying something so long as it's decent. I want to work more from the cabin so I can get more fishing in in the mornings.

Reactions: Moral
PC, I have a little dell laptop the office gave me that I haven't used yet. I tunnel in to a computer in my office. I've just been using my personal PC when I work from home.
Oh, sorry, didn’t realize you were a poor. I can’t recommend anything for ya….besides stop being poor?

When I travel I use this monitor with my laptop. It is thin and lightweight so it doesn't take up much room. I'm sure there are better options but it is inexpensive and has worked well for me.

Portable Monitor

Last edited:
Reactions: MplsHawk
This is the one I use when traveling. It's been great...super light weight and fits in my current laptop bag.

Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT