ADVERTISEMENT

Portal targets

For the gambling degenerates out there...

Baily Zappe

QB from Western Kentucky. Likely transferring after the season. He will set the single season TD record this year if he throws 3 more TD's in their bowl game. Him and the WK offense are so fun to watch.

I'm sure he would love to come and play in our up tempo offense! A man can dream.
Can be bring the WR Tinsley that is hitting the portal as well? 6'1 physical, speed and hands.

Get him

We have a pretty good OT at Kentucky in Nassir Watkins who entered the portal. He got a lot of playing time as a freshman and showed great promise but unfortunately had some injuries that he couldn’t shake. Due to that, he was passed up in the depth chart but was still talented enough that in a given year could’ve been a solid starter in the SEC. I think he would be a valuable asset to any team, especially one who likes to utilize the ground game.

Nassir Watkins

Relative to Iowa’s WR talent under Ferentz. The Freshman are big time talents.

Relative to everyone else. Probably just good. I do expect they will be very good players over the coming years. Allegedly Brecht has also looked good.
Yeah, excited for Brecht and these guys are more than just good players. If they were in a good passing offense they would have put up huge numbers this year. I want see Brecht take over the X spot and then you can have Bruce in the slot and Johnson in the ISM role. I just hope the offense is changed to take advantage of actually having good WRs. Heck put O'Keefe back in charge, at least he knew how to do that.

Where is this rumor from? Find it hard to believe.
I think he is just saying that McCall may transfer out, not that Iowa is a possibility…if that is what you are questioning?

Or maybe he thinks Iowa is a possibility. In that case, I also find it hard to believe.

I think he is just saying that McCall may transfer out, not that Iowa is a possibility…if that is what you are questioning?

Or maybe he thinks Iowa is a possibility. In that case, I also find it hard to believe.
The rumor is he may be transferring, to where I do not know.

Tyler Barnes started following a Vanderbilt transfer. CB Gabe Jeudy-Lally. Started for them this season.
Also following Jeremiah Lewis. Transfer starting CB from Duke.

• Haha
Reactions: NeverWasHawk
I love all the portal talk, but unless the OL gets fixed in the offseason... none of it means sh**
Add a veteran center or Tackle and I think we will be fine with Ince, Britt, Plumb, DeJong, Colby, Elsbury, Richmond, Stevens, Davidkov & Myslinski. I would love to lock down LT or C with a really top notch grad transfer to bring some stability until the younger linemen are ready.

Add a veteran center or Tackle and I think we will be fine with Ince, Britt, Plumb, DeJong, Colby, Elsbury, Richmond, Stevens, Davidkov & Myslinski. I would love to lock down LT or C with a really top notch grad transfer to bring some stability until the younger linemen are ready.
The way it stands, we better hope a couple of the younger guys grow up a lot in the next 6-8 months.

sorry, but huh? who? bruce? slot and is pretty small. kj? can't catch. ragiani? see kj. tracy? gone. jones is good but may not be back... where is all this truly big time talent you are seeing?
I think KJ is our best WR, but needs to spend a significant amount of time in the off-season working on his hands. They all need to work on their routes. Grabbing a 6’3-6’5 speedy WR could work wonders for our offense, you know, theoretically. Nothing changes overall until we are able to scheme appropriately

Reactions: amahawk
I think KJ is our best WR, but needs to spend a significant amount of time in the off-season working on his hands. They all need to work on their routes. Grabbing a 6’3-6’5 speedy WR could work wonders for our offense, you know, theoretically. Nothing changes overall until we are able to scheme appropriately
How many 6’3 - 6’5 speedy WR are available! You make it seem like there are 100’s of them out there just waiting to be picked up by any team willing to take a chance on them. Seriously some of you people are just un****ingbelievable!

Completion percentage is strong, but if we need a guy with at least decent wheels, he's not the QB transfer we're looking for. He has a career total of -1 rushing yards.
If we have learned anything since Banks, it's that Iowa is not going to have a QB with positive rushing yards, so if we can't have that, we need one that completes over 60% of his passes.

So basically 133 years per year. You consider this a win? Why don't you take a look at Iowa's best season with Bethard at QB and tell me what his completion percentage was.
I agree we want the QB to complete over 60%. Who would disagree? It's not an either/or proposition. In 2015 CJB completed 61.6% for 2809 yards and rushed for 237. Seems like a win to me.

Besides passing ability, the Hawks need a QB with sufficient wheels to pick up a few yards when receivers are covered or on the (very) occasional designed run. Banks, Chandler, Tate, Stanzi, Vandenburg, Rudock, and Beathard could all do that. Can Bazelak?

• Haha
Reactions: NeverEliteHawkI
I agree we want the QB to complete over 60%. Who would disagree? It's not an either/or proposition. In 2015 CJB completed 61.6% for 2809 yards and rushed for 237. Seems like a win to me.

Besides passing ability, the Hawks need a QB with sufficient wheels to pick up a few yards when receivers are covered or on the (very) occasional designed run. Banks, Chandler, Tate, Stanzi, Vandenburg, Rudock, and Beathard could all do that. Can Bazelak?
You can feel free to have this conversation with BBhawk if you prefer. It's been stated over and over. The coaches are not likely at this point to go after a transfer.

Big Dude all decked out in Liberty Football gear yesterday in the Cedar Rapids Airport but the only thing I can find is DT William Green may be transferring out of Liberty! He was a big dude!

Reactions: Simbahawk4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT