ADVERTISEMENT

Portal targets

Jared Verse was a high target, dude is absolutely blowing up right now, haven't heard much in the last week.
Yeah, they moved on from him. But there are a couple of OL they have reached out to and a WR but I don't think any offers as of yet.

I’ll be very surprised if Iowa brings in a transfer a wide receiver. Whatever happened to Brecht? He was injured I know, but I expected him to play at least a little this year. He was the wide receiver I was most excited about in last year’s recruiting class. So much young wide receiver talent on this team. Truly big time talent. Now if we can just get Labas to take the snaps…

I’ll be very surprised if Iowa brings in a transfer a wide receiver. Whatever happened to Brecht? He was injured I know, but I expected him to play at least a little this year. He was the wide receiver I was most excited about in last year’s recruiting class. So much young wide receiver talent on this team. Truly big time talent. Now if we can just get Labas to take the snaps…
I won't be surprised. They lost a three WRs to transfer and are only bringing in one. Only have 5 on scholarship if Jones decides not to come back. That is way too thin.

Based on how we got pushed around against Michigan, I wouldn't mind a big DT.
I don't think they really got pushed around in the first half. Wasn't until the 4th quarter. Basically two big plays in the first half were how Michigan scored and one was a half back pass. The other just looked like a blown read from Campbell.
Most of the guys are young and will get bigger and stronger with another offseason.

I don't think they really got pushed around in the first half. Wasn't until the 4th quarter. Basically two big plays in the first half were how Michigan scored and one was a half back pass. The other just looked like a blown read from Campbell.
Most of the guys are young and will get bigger and stronger with another offseason.
Hope your right! The Line without TL (if he does not come back) really concerns me...but...fingers crossed that we improve quite a bit.

Hope your right! The Line without TL (if he does not come back) really concerns me...but...fingers crossed that we improve quite a bit.
Yeah, the OL is a different matter. Barnes is already following two interior OL transfers.

On the Dochterman Howe podcast they metnioned Hunter Nuurzad is visiting in January. Seems like right now the toughest competition will probably be Penn State. I believe Purdue and Illinois have already offered as well. Played tackle at Cornell but seems like he would be a guard at Iowa.

Star Trek was fictional?
Maybe I am wrong? H/C maybe thinks offense comes from Twi-lite Zone reruns? Or at least,the flick Ground Hog Day? Star Bill Murray has relatives in Quad City Area. It's early here in CA. Beach foggy today. Hawks win 11! Lucky number. As always Hawk Players waay tough...

Maybe I am wrong? H/C maybe thinks offense comes from Twi-lite Zone reruns? Or at least,the flick Ground Hog Day? Star Bill Murray has relatives in Quad City Area. It's early here in CA. Beach foggy today. Hawks win 11! Lucky number. As always Hawk Players waay tough...
It's only like 7:30 out there. Are you high already?

Last edited:
On the Dochterman Howe podcast they metnioned Hunter Nuurzad is visiting in January. Seems like right now the toughest competition will probably be Penn State. I believe Purdue and Illinois have already offered as well. Played tackle at Cornell but seems like he would be a guard at Iowa.

I like him, and hope Iowa can land him. I think he offers much needed size and experience (albeit, FCS level).

• Haha
Reactions: HawgMaw69
For the gambling degenerates out there...

Baily Zappe

QB from Western Kentucky. Likely transferring after the season. He will set the single season TD record this year if he throws 3 more TD's in their bowl game. Him and the WK offense are so fun to watch.

I'm sure he would love to come and play in our up tempo offense! A man can dream.

• Haha
Reactions: HawgMaw69
For the gambling degenerates out there...

Baily Zappe

QB from Western Kentucky. Likely transferring after the season. He will set the single season TD record this year if he throws 3 more TD's in their bowl game. Him and the WK offense are so fun to watch.

I'm sure he would love to come and play in our up tempo offense! A man can dream.
Why would he not go through the draft in 2022?

We likely will if Charlie jones opts to leave.

sorry, but huh? who? bruce? slot and is pretty small. kj? can't catch. ragiani? see kj. tracy? gone. jones is good but may not be back... where is all this truly big time talent you are seeing?
Relative to Iowa’s WR talent under Ferentz. The Freshman are big time talents.

Relative to everyone else. Probably just good. I do expect they will be very good players over the coming years. Allegedly Brecht has also looked good.

ADVERTISEMENT