ADVERTISEMENT

Portland Mayor Tells Drumpf to F**Off

I will take this to mean you cannot name one example. Do you really think encouraging the far right to grab their guns and confront the protestors is going to help? Do you think sending in the National Guard to arrest protestors is the answer? I never said to hug it out. I am saying that Trump needs to acknowledge the issue and let people know that he will work to be part of the solution. Show people that the message has been received, while also letting them know that violence and looting will not be tolerated. You can sniff some hair though if that will make you feel better.
I see no statement from biden saying looting and violence will not be tolerated.
please link.

I agree. Do you think encouraging right wing fanatics to grab their guns and ride their pickups into town to confront the protestors is going to stop it? I have said what I think needs to happen. All sides (Mayor, Governor and President) need to stop blaming each other and work together to end this mess.
Do you have a link to him encouraging them do do anything you just claimed. Should Trump supporters not hold rallies because the may hurt some skateboarder's feelings?

Reactions: INXS83
I see no statement from biden saying looting and violence will not be tolerated.
please link.

Biden released the statement below today:

In a lengthy Sunday afternoon statement, Biden called "the deadly violence" in Portland "unacceptable" and said he condemns "violence of every kind by anyone, whether on the left or the right."

Biden: "The deadly violence we saw overnight in Portland is unacceptable.” "I condemn this violence unequivocally. I condemn violence of every kind by anyone, whether on the left or the right. And I challenge Donald Trump to do the same."

45*: GREAT PATRIOTS!
YEah, because he got his head handed to him for his knee jerk response on the Kenosha Police Department. He poured gas on the fire by responding only hours after the shooting without knowing all the details. THAT was not the kind of response we need out of our leaders. I always said that Obama used the rioting masses as a cudgel over the populace (started it at Fergusun) and now Biden is continuing to threaten it. Just look at Kamala Harris' interview in which she is giddy talking about the riotous mobs. This is a Democratic Strategy and we cannot give in to it.

Last edited:
Biden released the statement below today:

In a lengthy Sunday afternoon statement, Biden called "the deadly violence" in Portland "unacceptable" and said he condemns "violence of every kind by anyone, whether on the left or the right."

Got it. Looting and vandalism ok but no violence. What a leader!

Do you have a link to him encouraging them do do anything you just claimed. Should Trump supporters not hold rallies because the may hurt some skateboarder's feelings?
You don’t want him messing around at the state level, you do?

I have said on multiple occasions what I want. I want Trump to condemn the violence, but let people know that he has heard their message. I want Trump to let the mayor and governors know that they have his support to end the violence. I do not want Trump to take matters into his own hands. I do not want him to continue to escalate the situation.

Reactions: cigaretteman

Biden did not say looting and vandalism are OK. He also did not say rape was OK. Should he have listed everything that he did not approve? Violence covers most of the previous actions.

What has a Trump done? He is the President. Biden is at least trying to not escalate things further.

It's Portland, if you think this is some sort of slippery slope that going to infect the rest of the country, I will reiterate, it's Portland. If LA and NY haven't spread their liberal wings into the heartland by this point, Portland isn't going to do shit dude, settle down.... it's ****ing Portland. They'll deal with their shit, move on with your life.

Trump tweeted about the great Americans that went into Portland with their guns last night. There would be no issue if these people just held a rally for Trump. They took their guns and rode into Portland and confronted the Protestors. Is that a rally?

I have said on multiple occasions what I want. I want Trump to condemn the violence, but let people know that he has heard their message. I want Trump to let the mayor and governors know that they have his support to end the violence. I do not want Trump to take matters into his own hands. I do not want him to continue to escalate the situation.
There is nothing Trump could do or say that you wouldn't come out against. He has actually done the things you are asking him to do. He even sent support to places like Chicago, only to be condemned for it.
Again, it is the left that is burning down these cities. Stop that and the trouble ends.

Reactions: BigDelHawk
It's Portland, if you think this is some sort of slippery slope that going to infect the rest of the country, I will reiterate, it's Portland. If LA and NY haven't spread their liberal wings into the heartland by this point, Portland isn't going to do shit dude, settle down.... it's ****ing Portland. They'll deal with their shit, move on with your life.

Is it a coincidence that Portland has been more in news since Trump and Barr sent in the undercover troops to pick up people off of the streets? I had not heard much about Portland until after this occurred, which is why I do not think sending in the National Guard via a decree by the President Is the answer.

I know Portland well. Guessing i’ve spent close to 100 nights there working projects.Loved the Benson hotel. Nice Hilton also. Crave the El Gaucho ceasar salad.
5 years ago had some great restaurants downtown but they are going away - fast. Stores on street level for block after block boarded up. Glad i’m not invested there.
I could see it coming. High drug use, homeless 20’s somethings, etc.
Trump has zero to do with portlands problems.

There is nothing Trump could do or say that you wouldn't come out against. He has actually done the things you are asking him to do. He even sent support to places like Chicago, only to be condemned for it.
Again, it is the left that is burning down these cities. Stop that and the trouble ends.

You may be right. Then again, I do not recall hearing Trump voice any concern for the protestors to let them know that he hears them. He has continually criticized and blamed the Democratic Mayors and Governors. All he wants to do is send in troops to show he is in control. I would also like to see these mayors and governors reach out to Trump for assistance. I am not placing this all in Trump. As he has said, the person is charge is responsible though.

I know Portland well. Guessing i’ve spent close to 100 nights there working projects.Loved the Benson hotel. Nice Hilton also. Crave the El Gaucho ceasar salad.
5 years ago had some great restaurants downtown but they are going away - fast. Stores on street level for block after block boarded up. Glad i’m not invested there.

Stop giving a pass to the highest office in the land, and most powerful position in the world. Hold him and whomever is there to a higher standard.

Trump tweeted about the great Americans that went into Portland with their guns last night. There would be no issue if these people just held a rally for Trump. They took their guns and rode into Portland and confronted the Protestors. Is that a rally?
Who did the shooting, not the Blue Lives Matter people, it was the left wing thugs.

YEah, because he got his head handed to him for his knee jerk response on the Kenosha Police Department. He poured gas on the fire by responding only hours after the shooting without knowing all the details. THAT was not the kind of response we need out of our leaders. I always said that Obama used the rioting masses as a cudgel over the populace (started it at Fergusun) and now Biden is continuing to threaten it. Just look at Kamala Harris' interview in which she is giddy talking about the riotous mobs. This is a Democratic Strategy and we cannot give in to it.

You don’t like quick knee jerk responses? Like Trump’s daily twitter spam? Or, is that different?
Republicans just spent four nights of their convention using the protests as a political wedge.
And, as a result, days later we are seeing Trump sheep inserting themselves into a bad situation, making it worse.
Which Trump wants right now for his campaign.

Is it a coincidence that Portland has been more in news since Trump and Barr sent in the undercover troops to pick up people off of the streets? I had not heard much about Portland until after this occurred, which is why I do not think sending in the National Guard via a decree by the President Is the answer.

Of course that isn't the answer, it's Portland, they'll figure it out. I don't understand the paranoia on this board that is largely Iowan and... weirdly Floridian getting all bent out of shape about what's happening in Portland. Same shit with the drama around the ranchers and the weird ass cult that happened there. Everyone wants to use that state and city as an example....yeah... it's an example of a weird ass state that seems to do weird ass things... seriously let Oregon be Oregon, it's the new Florida.

Reactions: millah_22

Cool, I'm not talking about Trump either... Portland is ****ing weird.

Of course that isn't the answer, it's Portland, they'll figure it out. I don't understand the paranoia on this board that is largely Iowan and... weirdly Floridian getting all bent out of shape about what's happening in Portland. Same shit with the drama around the ranchers and the weird ass cult that happened there. Everyone wants to use that state and city as an example....yeah... it's an example of a weird ass state that seems to do weird ass things... seriously let Oregon be Oregon, it's the new Florida.

I would like to see an end to the rioting in Portland before it gets even more out of hand

I don’t remember Trump threatening to call the National Guard when the klan and White Supremacists were marching in Charlottesville. I remember him claiming both sides were fine people.
why the change now ?
I remember a guy driving a car into crowd and killing someone. That March was specific to racial and cultural issues -
How long did that last? And again with the fine people lie? How am I supposedly to take you seriously when you keep repeating that BS

I would like to see an end to the rioting in Portland before it gets even more out of hand

Yeah, I do too, but I'm not going to pretend that Portland is the pulse of the country like a bunch of people on this board are pretending it to be. That city and that state will figure their own shit out, we don't need the Federal Gestapo to go work it out for them.

Great point.
I shouldn’t care because i didn’t know the guy shot last night
I also didn’t know the owner of the fantastic Italian place across from the Marriott Res Inn. But i’m guessing he’s closed and his staff unemployed or in a worse spot. But since it doesn’t effect me - what problem.
The building owner who cannot lease that space or probably 50% of his building - don’t know him. No problem.

I will take this to mean you cannot name one example. Do you really think encouraging the far right to grab their guns and confront the protestors is going to help? Do you think sending in the National Guard to arrest protestors is the answer? I never said to hug it out. I am saying that Trump needs to acknowledge the issue and let people know that he will work to be part of the solution. Show people that the message has been received, while also letting them know that violence and looting will not be tolerated. You can sniff some hair though if that will make you feel better.
How much longer should Trump let this continue?

Great point.
I shouldn’t care because i didn’t know the guy shot last night
I also didn’t know the owner of the fantastic Italian place across from the Marriott Res Inn. But i’m guessing he’s closed and his staff unemployed or in a worse spot. But since it doesn’t effect me - what problem.
The building owner who cannot lease that space or probably 50% of his building - don’t know him. No problem.

It's a great point if you're a Conservative. The State's need to handle their business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT