ADVERTISEMENT

Position flexibility

Feb 17, 2004
The staff raved about Xavier and we talk about getting our best guys on the field yet we put a walkon in at corner over a 5 star. Surely Xavier, Kaevon or Castro could have played corner instead of Heinz or at the very least put Moss on Palmer. Offense could have used Xavier as well. We wasted 1 of his 3 years with the program just playing special teams.

Yeah, Phil Parker is horrible and has no idea what he is doing. Ferentz has been hiding this liability on his staff for years now.

Reactions: T. Kimball
In related news, I think I saw on TV today that Michigan converted a LB to a RB just this week for the tOSU game. And they let him throw a pass on a trick play.

Xavier will be a great player and story in a few years…just has to put the work in and pay his dues…

Yeah, Phil Parker is horrible and has no idea what he is doing. Ferentz has been hiding this liability on his staff for years now.
Thats a bit hyoerbolic, but I think it's interesting to see how many other programs put some kind of blind trust in their guys on gameday. Meanwhile teams continue to exploit our secondary with a single receiver for a whole damn game without much adjustment. Another poster said Palmer was their David Bell and we all laughed, but apparently that was about right.

In related news, I think I saw on TV today that Michigan converted a LB to a RB just this week for the tOSU game. And they let him throw a pass on a trick play.
Michigan set that up perfect. Brought him in on several 2nd or 3rd and 1's and let him bury his head into the line, then, sneak the tight end out and whammy big, wide open, play.

Reactions: Lumas Etima
The staff raved about Xavier and we talk about getting our best guys on the field yet we put a walkon in at corner over a 5 star. Surely Xavier, Kaevon or Castro could have played corner instead of Heinz or at the very least put Moss on Palmer. Offense could have used Xavier as well. We wasted 1 of his 3 years with the program just playing special teams.
I wondered why they didn’t put him on Palmer…….Total mismatch.

I was hoping the senior Craddieth might have seen the field over a true freshman. Is he a safety?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT