ADVERTISEMENT

Positioning Rankings

KirbyHawk75

HB Heisman
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
QB: C+ : CJB has a lot of potential and talent, but we really do not know what to expect of him as a starter. I also think he is going to be under a lot of pressure with our weak OL. Behind him, we have zero experience. Wiegers has potential but we do not know. Behind him are true freshmen who some question if they will stay at the QB position.

RB: B Here is progress: we are no longer starting a fullback at running back! Iowa has a lot of depth, but at this time no "stud." Daniels has potential to be that guy. Canzeri is solid for 10-15 carries a game. Wadley and Mitchell have potential. A lot of depth, but will we have a star?

WR: C I like Tevaun Smith and Matt Vandeberg, but do they really scare opponents? I swear Jacob Hillyer has been dropping key passes for 10 years now. Hopefully he has a nice senior year. After that? Is Scheel ready? Is Harris going to step up? Where does Parker fit in? Stone and McCarron are seniors who have a lot of experience, but.....Hopefully our true freshmen can help, but none of them are top recruits.

TE: B+ Our best position on the offensive side of the ball. We really need Duzey back, especially with our weak WR unit. Kittle does have a lot of potential. HCK has experience and is the best blocker. I have heard good things about Outsey and Wisnieski.

OL: C- Our OL, was not that good last year with the Outland Trophy winner. It is inexcusable for Iowa to be this weak at OT. I love Austin Blythe. He helps the OL avoid a D grade. Walsh, Simmons, and Welsh are solid but not spectacular. I am excited about Daniels. Our tackles? Man I hope Meyers, Croston, and Ike B are better than they have looked.

DL: B Drew Ott is spectacular. Although I pick the over/under of Drew Ott eating the egg at Media Days at 8.5 being brought up on TV games when Beth Mowins is covering our games on ESPNU. Meier is back too. There is no way he should have been a starter for 3 years in the Big Ten, but he is ok. We will really miss LTP and Davis, but we should be ok with Johnson and Bazata. I am excited about both. Hopefully Faith, Nelson, and Hesse give us quality depth.

LB: C+ We return a lot of experience, but they really really need to improve. I still have nightmares of David Johnson gaining about 500 yards last year against us. Bower and Jewell are ok. I am excited about Niemann. We do have nice depth with Perry, Fisher, and Mends.

CB: A- King and Mabin are very solid. King is not the star that some fans claim he is. However, he is very good. Mabin is also very good. We have nice depth as well with Draper, Fleming, and Ojemudia.

Safety: B+/A- Jordan Lomax is a stud. If Taylor can be he is capable to be, this position will be an A-. Gair and Snyder are solid backups.

ST: B-: Punter is a major concern again. I like Koehn at kicker. Starting to trust him. We have some nice options at KR. It does not matter who punt returns, as most of the time we fair catch.

Thoughts?

Reactions: JupiterHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News