ADVERTISEMENT

Positives/Negatives - Penn State

mill1634

HB All-American
Jul 11, 2018
Positives:
- Kinnick looked fantastic, and sounded fantastic on TV. Clear advantage with all the PSU penalties in front of the student section. Hawk fans are the best.
- The run game wasn't great stats wise, but they had chunk plays and ran well with Monte in the game
- Petras was far from great, but he did what he needed to do outside of the fastball INT. Dude has never lost
- OL really picked up the pass rush better in the 2nd half, I think
- Keegan Johnson. Hell of a play
- Phil fricken Parker. He did not let off the gas in the 2nd half when the backup QB was in. Constant pressure. Exactly what I wanted to see
- Jack Campbell. Dude might be the fastest LB under KF
- Logan Lee did a great job plugging the middle. 7 total tackles from the DT spot
- Terry Roberts. Stepped in for Riley Moss without missing a step
- Tory Taylor gets a ton of love, but Caleb Shudak is so, so good

Negatives
- Playcalling was very bland until the Nico TD
- Consistent negative yards on 1st down runs. That can't happen with an offense like Iowa
- WRs struggled getting open for a large majority of the game. Playcalling didn't help here
- Couldn't get home with 4
- Might've been the worst game I've heard Gus Johnson call. Brody Brecht tackles Charlies Jones. Matt Hawk-ins?
- James Franklin is a b****, and I don't like accusing kids of this, but it certainly seemed like PSU was coming up with an injury after every Iowa chunk play, and going out of the game for just a player or two. Bush league.

GO HAWKS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News