ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Jordan Bohannon News

According to Chad’s article about why Jordan is coming back, Fran told Jordan that the players on the team wanted Jordan to come back. It does not say whether or not any of the players reached out to Jordan though. We will find out. Ultimately, Jordan will hopefully be taking CJ’s minutes so hopefully there is minimal impact on the other guards.
They still haven’t liked, commented or retweeted the JBo news. That tells me they aren’t crazy about the idea of JBo returning and I can’t really blame them. I hope Fran is managing the situation well, otherwise we are going to lose a player or two.

That’s a moronic post.

nwy.gif

They still haven’t liked, commented or retweeted the JBo news. That tells me they aren’t crazy about the idea of JBo returning and I can’t really blame them. I hope Fran is managing the situation well, otherwise we are going to lose a player or two.

I understand and share your concern. It is being reported that Fran talked to the team to make sure that they were on board before talking to Jordan. Jordan has stated that he originally did not want to come back because he did not want to impact Joe T’s development. He has also said that Connor and Patrick encouraged him to come back. I would be more concerned if Connor and Patrick were in the only two to comment or retweet.

I understand and share your concern. It is being reported that Fran talked to the team to make sure that they were on board before talking to Jordan. Jordan has stated that he originally did not want to come back because he did not want to impact Joe T’s development. He has also said that Connor and Patrick encouraged him to come back. I would be more concerned if Connor and Patrick were in the only two to comment or retweet.

I'm good with JBo coming back but I wish connor and patrick had stayed out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
The only other players that I've seen respond on Twitter to Jbo coming back were Sandfort, Josh, Connor and Patrick.

Does anyone really think Fran had a Zoom call with all the players to ask their opinion?
If there was a Zoom call, do you think any player who wants playing time next year will stand up and say 'yeah coach, I think its a bad idea'?

My take on this statement is that Fran has really only 2 assistant coaches that he listens to. HIs 2 sons. It all feels a bit "8th grade basketball" to me.

Does anyone really think Fran had a Zoom call with all the players to ask their opinion?
If there was a Zoom call, do you think any player who wants playing time next year will stand up and say 'yeah coach, I think its a bad idea'?

My take on this statement is that Fran has really only 2 assistant coaches that he listens to. HIs 2 sons. It all feels a bit "8th grade basketball" to me.
Uh huh.

Your opinion is as far from fact as it can be.

Reactions: AlvySinger
I think Rebraca can be an upgrade from Garza in pick and roll defense but worse than Garza on the block.
Against most opponents pick n role D is going to be more important.

Iowas interior D on the post will depend on how effectively they double.

Having quick long armed forwards can make life hard on a post player if they can effectively swarm him.

Keegan and Kris as double teamers can be pretty effective because of their long arms and shot blocking.

They're going to get allot of blocks from behind, strips and deflections.

Reactions: unoHawkeye

Of course not, only an idiot would conduct this type of conversation in a group setting via Zoom,.. Why would you even consider such an approach?

Call me naive, but I do believe that Fran spoke to the entire team. I do not know if it was a zoom call or another meeting as a team or individually.

Jordan specifically mentioned Joe T and not wanting to impact Joe’s development being the reason he did not plan on coming back. I believe that Fran has the well being of all of his players in mind and is not going to say he spoke with the Team if he only spoke to his sons. This does not sound like something Fran would do to me. There is a different issue if players on the Team do not feel that they can share openly with Fran and it will only be a matter of time before those players leave regardless of Jordan’s decision.

Reactions: AlvySinger
No I hadn't. I asked the question as my observation over the years has been that Coach McC has shown a propensity to do what he believes is right despite what others say is obvious to them, and that he also has a track record of loyalty to his other guys. I see lot's of talk of limiting JBo's minutes, but not much track record from Fran that he would do so when Jordan could go physically. He values offense, and I can remember a post game report this year when he talked about how much trouble the reserves were having scoring, thus why he went back to starters. I was connecting the dots to say, JBO, short an injury, will likely see minutes similar to what we have seen in the past versus the more limited minutes advocated by many posters in this thread.
Interesting to see how this has played out. Jordan certainly did play the 2 much of the season, but Fran has moved him back to the point as the season has worn on. I see his minutes per game this year are only off last year by 2 or 3 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT