ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Pepsi, but wow

I don’t think this is the end of the world, but she had to know this was going to draw fire.

If she took money from Epstein that would be an issue. As far as I know lawyers are good people, so taking there money isn’t an issue.

Reactions: Eternal Return
Am I missing something? She blasted a law firm, and then people who work at that law firm hosted a fundraising event for her. Why is this a big deal? Is she supposed to cut ties with every person who has ever worked for Kirkland & Ellis? It’s one of the biggest law firms in the world.

Am I missing something? She blasted a law firm, and then people who work at that law firm hosted a fundraising event for her. Why is this a big deal? Is she supposed to cut ties with every person who has ever worked for Kirkland & Ellis? It’s one of the biggest law firms in the world.
I think the OP is implying the entire law firm membership is a child raping sex trafficking ring.

I see. Taking money from a law firm associated with a child rapist and sex trafficker is much worse than the potus being directly connected to the child rapist and sex trafficker.
Sure, because the president hasn't been in office for 19 years.

Reactions: Mattski
Kirkland Ellis is a huge law firm, probably over 2000 lawyers and 20 offices. You neocons always put these stories out there like it’s some mom and pop shop with one client
Like the Dems on the Senate Judiciary Committee when they were asking Kavanaugh about people he knew in humongous law firms?

I see. Taking money from a law firm associated with a child rapist and sex trafficker is much worse than the potus being directly connected to the child rapist and sex trafficker.
Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge...

Kirkland Ellis is a huge law firm, probably over 2000 lawyers and 20 offices. You neocons always put these stories out there like it’s some mom and pop shop with one client
I didn’t put out the story, the USA Today did. As for me being a neocon, you have it all wrong my friend. Politically, it just looks bad to accept that money on the same day.

They are all crooked and controlled by other people’s money. Why we vote for, trust and hold in high regard, is beyond me.

This is what citizens united has brought. It happened before, but that decision fundamentally changed how our government works. Now, legislators don't even have to pretend to care about their constituents but only about where their money comes from.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Like the Dems on the Senate Judiciary Committee when they were asking Kavanaugh about people he knew in humongous law firms?

Do you have quotes or context for your whataboutism--I'm not familiar with the reference.

Yup...just a con thing. And Mitt Romney killed a lady’s husband.

Do you have quotes or context for your whataboutism--I'm not familiar with the reference.
Just remember, the guy you’re talking to openly admitted he didn’t read the Mueller Report, yet started many threads trolling people about the Mueller Report.

I don't understand the fuss. The USA Today headline inaccurately states that Harris "took money from law firm that represented Epstein." That is simply wrong. Six individual partners hosted a fundraiser for her. Presumably those individuals made contributions. Any law firm of any size is going to have partners all over the political/ideological spectrum and will never make political contributions as a firm. I see no problem with accepting political donations from six individual partners in the Chicago office of a 2,500-lawyer firm while also criticizing legal work performed by other partners in New York or D.C. (or wherever). I think her main point is that senior DOJ officials who formerly practiced at Kirkland & Ellis should recuse themselves from the Epstein matter.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
ADVERTISEMENT