ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Serial Killer in my Neck of the Woods

I'm having a hard time believing this.

First, how would dogs hit on bodies buried decades ago down a 100 foot well? Second, why would he use his daughter to bury them and not kill her when she started telling people? Third, why wouldn't anyone have investigated this if she was telling everybody including the police? Fourth, where are all those gold trophy teeth? Where are any remnants for that matter? Fifth, who kills people by bashing their heads in and stomping them with their feet. Seems like a lot of work. Sixth, nobody investigated some 70 missing women at any point?

This whole story feels way too out there to be true.

First, how would dogs hit on bodies buried decades ago down a 100 foot well? Second, why would he use his daughter to bury them and not kill her when she started telling people? Third, why wouldn't anyone have investigated this if she was telling everybody including the police? Fourth, where are all those gold trophy teeth? Where are any remnants for that matter? Fifth, who kills people by bashing their heads in and stomping them with their feet. Seems like a lot of work. Sixth, nobody investigated some 70 missing women at any point?

I agree there are lots of weird things about this story. In addition to those questions, I wonder what her siblings think. I didn't pick up how many there were/are, but as she claimed his children helped with bodies they should know something. I'd also add that five acres isn't that big ( about 4 football fields if you include end zones). It's really not enough to farm, so her claim he was too lazy to farm it rings hollow, imo.

You're not wrong about this. My dad ran a cable/internet company for a county in central Iowa. One day him and his techs were out updating some equipment, and an old man and his sons came out with shotguns telling them to leave. My dad had to get the sheriff out there in order to finish the project. Some folks just absolutely hate anyone they don't know being around.
You should give Skidmore, MO. a try! The hills have eyes!!

I have a feeling this won't turn out to be much.

Seems as if they have looked into this already.

It's either going to be the story of the decade or a dud.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I agree there are lots of weird things about this story. In addition to those questions, I wonder what her siblings think. I didn't pick up how many there were/are, but as she claimed his children helped with bodies they should know something. I'd also add that five acres isn't that big ( about 4 football fields if you include end zones). It's really not enough to farm, so her claim he was too lazy to farm it rings hollow, imo.
Her brother committed suicide. Her step siblings were moved into their older sister's (my mom took them in) , before the later wife "committed suicide"

• Haha
Reactions: cigaretteman
Kentucky, West Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Wyoming, and South Carolina got nuthin on Iowa.

Trying to think what all these States have in common?

Reactions: THE_DEVIL

That’s what makes it believable. Like Cosmo Kramer said, “A story like that’s gotta be true!”

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
They were always adament their mother never killed herself and always found it weird they were moved away and their mom stayed. They are going through a lot of emotions today, so believe it or not I haven't asked them if they recall seeing anything right now. My guess is no because: A. There is nothing to this and he isn't a serial killer and there is something wrong with her or B. He would never allow them to move away if they did.
Thanks - appreciate your take on it. Hopefully they learn the truth some day, and get a degree of piece of mind.

I have a feeling this won't turn out to be much.

Seems as if they have looked into this already.

It's either going to be the story of the decade or a dud.
FZrj3jsWIAM_Fnp.jpg

I grew up in Shenandoah and have been through Thurman numerous times. Always felt like a creepy small town. The buzz growing up was that there was a big satanic worshiping group that would meet there. Maybe they were right.

I think they start digging next week. Sounds like a good HROT project to make documentary and sign a NETFLIX contract. Nominations for how HROT should spend the proceeds are open.

I grew up in Shenandoah and have been through Thurman numerous times. Always felt like a creepy small town. The buzz growing up was that there was a big satanic worshiping group that would meet there. Maybe they were right.
That satanic panic rumor stuff is everywhere in Iowa. I remember hearing about the same thing in Gunder and south of Waukon.

I haven’t heard anything new outside of rumors and local people remembering stories of “The Green Holler Mauler”.

But I got an email from Chris Harris from 20/20 today asking to speak with my step mom, who went to school with Lucy Studey about a story they are doing. She declined pretty quickly but I can’t wait to see what kind of local riff-raff (sp?) they come up with for this story.

ADVERTISEMENT