ADVERTISEMENT

Post bowl game quote by KF says it all . . .

Lmao if you think the resources at USC are remotely comparable to those of Iowa
Let’s go another route:

Tell me all about TCU…are their “resources” superior to the University of Iowa’s?

Kansas State just won an outright conference title…are their “resources” better than Iowa’s, or Oklahoma’s? Better than Texas? Must be, huh?

If Iowa had an offense they would easily be 11 and 2 this year and may have been 12 and 0 going into the B1G championship last year.

Let’s go another route:

Tell me all about TCU…are their “resources” superior to the University of Iowa’s?

Kansas State just won an outright conference title…are their “resources” better than Iowa’s, or Oklahoma’s? Better than Texas? Must be, huh?
Got those goalposts on wheels, eh?

TCU is smack dab in the best recruiting territory in the country and plays in a far easier conference.

KSU has easier access to that territory and is in said conference.

All this to say you're grossly oversimplifying the two situations as you like to do.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Saban is way smarter than Ferentz, but Saban can recruit elite talent on offense thanks to his reputation and friendly recruiting location.

I think KF is correct...if you are happy with Music Bowl every year, and the opponent is starting a true Freshman at QB with no prior starts, and the opponent doesn't score thanks Phil Parker being better at his job than either KF/BF, then you can definitely reach 8-5 every year.....you won't be making the college playoffs though....those teams all put up huge points.

TCU is smack dab in the best recruiting territory in the country and plays in a far easier conference.

All this to say you're grossly oversimplifying the two situations as you like to do.

The TCU starting QB Duggan wasn't located in TCU recruiting country when he was plucked out of KF/BF's back yard. Stinking up the NCAA with 130th out of 131 ranking in offense is not conducive to good recruiting. So KF/BF have nobody but themselves to blame for the pickle they are in.

Unlike a lot fo the Texas schools with big oil money, Iowa is missing a Billionaire to provide NIL money. All that said, fans would be better off donating their money to Swarm instead of Iowa athletic department so it can be divvied up in Title9 compliant mannner.

His defense would have had to be a lot worse these past two years to approach the depths of Iowa’s offense! Oklahoma was like 60 in 2021 and USC was like 105 in 2022.

I suppose buuuuutttt it’s clearly costing him games. Which your addition is a interesting one, because if his defense really is better by statistics, than Iowas offense, then the board belief that all we have to do is have an average offense and will automatically win more games might not be 100% true.

Because per your words, Lincolns defense is way better than our representative offense and they are still struggling!

Oklahoma had a top 30 defense in 2020 there chief/Brian/Elon.

Wow that doesn’t help your case at all… They still lost back to back games giving up 38 to 4-6 K-st and 37 to 9-3 ISU….

It seems we might have to have better than an average offense after all to start winning a bunch more games.

That doesn’t fit the board narrative does it? Geronimo ?!

To be fair, you would defend the coaching staff if we had minus offensive yards and 12 punts a game.

Prove it…. I have a rich posting history show me even one where I defended the offense, just one.

And no, I’m not gonna wait because you aren’t going to find one!

I suppose buuuuutttt it’s clearly costing him games. Which your addition is a interesting one, because if his defense really is better by statistics, than Iowas offense, then the board belief that all we have to do is have an average offense and will automatically win more games might not be 100% true.

Because per your words, Lincolns defense is way better than our representative offense and they are still struggling!
Our offense was the worst big ten offense this century by certain metrics. This is after having one of the worst offenses in the country the previous season and the same offensive coordinator for six years. USC on the other hand had a bad defense with a first year head coach and defensive coordinator. Oklahoma in 2020 was like 28 defensively in the country and 60 in 2021, with USC’s current defensive coordinator. Who do you have more trust in to make changes?!?

My god, the excuses…you’re ridiculous dude.

By the way, the skill player that makes TCU so dominant is an Iowan, but, I know you know that.

If “The Big 12 is a far easier conference” argument is valid, how do you explain their victory over our conference’s powerhouse playoff team? Since, of course, the Big Ten is obviously superior.

Our offense was the worst big ten offense this century by certain metrics. This is after having one of the worst offenses in the country the previous season and the same offensive coordinator for six years. USC on the other hand had a bad defense with a first year head coach and defensive coordinator. Oklahoma in 2020 was like 28 defensively in the country and 60 in 2021, with USC’s current defensive coordinator. Who do you have more trust in to make changes?!?

And yet they’re still losing games because of their defense, go figure?

I’ll wager you that playing offense the way they do makes it pretty tough to play lockdown defense. And if you read their message board on again off again, meaning Oklahoma, you’ll know they’re always pissed off about it! And as you succinctly pointed out, they play better defense, than we do offense and yet they are still bitching…

Meaning you guys are still going to be here bitching when we have an “average offense ”… I’m shocked that some of you guys have such a hard time connecting dots.

And that sucks because you suck the life out of what is supposed to be a fun game!

Last edited:
Wow that doesn’t help your case at all… They still lost back to back games giving up 38 to 4-6 K-st and 37 to 9-3 ISU….

It seems we might have to have better than an average offense after all to start winning a bunch more games.

That doesn’t fit the board narrative does it? Geronimo ?!
I know you troll. But didn’t like three top 20 defenses just give up 40 plus this past weekend? Iowa State was really good in 2020. Defenses have bad games. It’s your body of work. Unlike CMhawk who is still hanging on to us dropping 27 on the mighty Nevada Wolfpack this year!

Reactions: littlez

By the way, the skill player that makes TCU so dominant is an Iowan, but, I know you know that.

If “The Big 12 is a far easier conference” argument is valid, how do you explain their victory over our conference’s powerhouse playoff team? Since, of course, the Big Ten is obviously superior.

I think his point is, it’s never as easy or cut and dried as you an anonymous message board poster….

Lets say that again, an “anonymous poster on a message board” thinks it’s all so simple and yet coming into the year, TCU had been 5-7 & that same starting quarterback was sitting on the bench… Strange huh?!

Do you want to lay odds on TCU and their record next year… Because that’s what we really have to do to drill down on this we have to know how TCU is next year with the coach that went 18 and 30 at California?

Or are you willing to give him a pass after one year?

As far as that goes, how about Gary Patterson, what happened there & why was Max Dugan 5-7 last year?

Tell me if you've heard this one before ....

If IA had even an average offense, they'd have won 10 games. Maybe 11. Seriously, I heard that.

I know you troll. But didn’t like three top 20 defenses just give up 40 plus this past weekend? Iowa State was really good in 2020. Defenses have bad games. It’s your body of work. Unlike CMhawk who is still hanging on to us dropping 27 on the mighty Nevada Wolfpack this year!

Hmmmm, so you mean no matter how good you are you might still lose the game?

Go ask OUs fans?!

And yet they’re still losing games because of their defense, go figure?

I’ll wager you that playing offense the way they do makes it pretty tough to play lockdown defense. And if you read their message board on again off again, meaning Oklahoma, you’ll know they’re always pissed off about it! And as you succinctly pointed out, they play better defense, than we do defense and yet they are still bitching…

Meaning you guys are still going to be here bitching when we have an “average offense ”… I’m shocked that some of you guys have such a hard time connecting dots.

And that sucks because you suck the life out of what is supposed to be a fun game!
I think his point is, it’s never as easy or cut and dried as you an anonymous message board poster….

Lets say that again, an “anonymous poster on a message board” thinks it’s all so simple and yet coming into the year, TCU had been 5-7 & that same starting quarterback was sitting on the bench… Strange huh?!

Do you want to lay odds on TCU and their record next year… Because that’s what we really have to do to drill down on this we have to know how TCU is next year with the coach that went 18 and 30 at California?

Or are you willing to give him a pass after one year?

As far as that goes, how about Gary Patterson, what happened there & why was Max Dugan 5-7 last year?
Let’s look at the 15 schools that had the worst division one offenses in the country in 2022. I don’t know if this is correct but somebody told me that all 15 had either:
1. First year offensive coordinators
2. Had fired their entire staff by the end of 2022
3. Had fired their offensive coordinator by the end of 2022.
But there was at least one noteable exception.

Tell me if you've heard this one before ....

If IA had even an average offense, they'd have won 10 games. Maybe 11. Seriously, I heard that.
Uhhhh. That’s not entirely true. With even a bad offense they’d have won ten games. Probably aren’t beating Michigan or Ohio state though.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I just want the offense to score two freaking touchdowns a game. We would win a ton more games and give second team players more reps. Three touchdowns would be better (average).
We would have to play NAIA or D3 to do that

Let’s look at the 15 schools that had the worst division one offenses in the country in 2022. I don’t know if this is correct but somebody told me that all 15 had either:
1. First year offensive coordinators
2. Had fired their entire staff by the end of 2022
3. Had fired their offensive coordinator by the end of 2022.
But there was at least one noteable exception.

Don’t you think we should wait and find out how they are next year before we applaud them… ?
Seems smart, right..?

While we’re at it, let’s look at the 15 winningest teams over the last five years or so…see how many of those teams are on that list?

Don’t you think we should wait and find out how they are next year before we applaud them… ?
Seems smart, right..?

While we’re at it, let’s look at the 15 winningest teams over the last five years or so…see how many of those teams are on that list?
Get at that and let me know cmhawk/Brian/Elon.

Seems smart, right..?

Great idea in the first paragraph. So Iowa was like what 120 in offense in 2021? We doubled down. And then we had 2022. So let’s just run it back again right?!? 😊

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Seems smart, right..?

Absolutely not.

A) Those people certainly deserved to be fired for being that bad, and

B) those athletic departments deserve to be “applauded” NOW for their recognition of said staff members needing fired and the willingness to try something different.

But didn’t like three top 20 defenses just give up 40 plus this past weekend?
IMO, this is the epiphany KF needs to have. I watched all of those games and I believe those were all legit defenses and I do NOT believe they had bad games. I think it's crystal clear that at this juncture elite offenses beat elite defenses. In both college and the pros, just think of how many times a team has the lead and would win the game if they can just get that stop at the end of the game - and they can't do it. Especially if that offense is run by an elite QB. NFL defenses are as good as it gets, and it's been the last team with the ball wins for a long time. Saban figured that out several years ago. KF needs to, as well.

Reactions: littlez
IMO, this is the epiphany KF needs to have. I watched all of those games and I believe those were all legit defenses and I do NOT believe they had bad games. I think it's crystal clear that at this juncture elite offenses beat elite defenses. In both college and the pros, just think of how many times a team has the lead and would win the game if they can just get that stop at the end of the game - and they can't do it. Especially if that offense is run by an elite QB. NFL defenses are as good as it gets, and it's been the last team with the ball wins for a long time. Saban figured that out several years ago. KF needs to, as well.
This should actually be the end of this conversation.

Lol one game does not a pattern make.

So incredibly false. You are a dumb, arrogant mother f**ker

You don't have any room to call anyone on this board dumb, I've seen the garbage you spew for months now.

Great idea in the first paragraph. So Iowa was like what 120 in offense in 2021? We doubled down. And then we had 2022. So let’s just run it back again right?!? 😊

Yeah that’s what I said… With that said, since we’re working in a vacuum like you guys like to do, I’m gonna stick to total win loss records overtime and I’m going to support a team that has a top 25 win loss record.

End of story.

You feel free to support one of those teams that fired their offensive coordinator because they suck so bad!

Absolutely not.

A) Those people certainly deserved to be fired for being that bad, and

B) those athletic departments deserve to be “applauded” NOW for their recognition of said staff members needing fired and the willingness to try something different.

You don’t think we should wait to applaud them to see if they improve their team over the next two or three years?

You don't have any room to call anyone on this board dumb, I've seen the garbage you spew for months now.
He didn't say it was a pattern. Overall I believe the B1G is a better league but in a head to head matchup of the leagues 2 top teams the Big 12 won the game. And they lead from pretty much start to finish. And while I think the SEC is the better league then the B1G I think Ohio State was the better team on the field against GA. Just didn't finish.

Reactions: thejazzcat

Yeah, that’s a big no shit…. Some of these guys & their cognitive thinking skills man alive I’m not sure how they hold down jobs!

He didn't say it was a pattern. Overall I believe the B1G is a better league but in a head to head matchup of the leagues 2 top teams the Big 12 won the game. And they lead from pretty much start to finish. And while I think the SEC is the better league then the B1G I think Ohio State was the better team on the field against GA. Just didn't finish.

I won’t say Ohio State was better than Georgia, but I’ll say this: Ohio state is always one of the three most talented teams in the nation. And people like to talk about the Oklahoma’s & Texas and what not. But they’re not in the same stratosphere as the Alabama‘s, George’s & Ohio states…

I expected Ohio State to win that game. But Michigan. I’m not really sure what to think. They were more talented than TCU, but I don’t know, really I don’t know that I have an opinion on them, one way or another.

They honestly, despite recruiting rankings only have marginally more talent than Iowa as far as I’m concerned, and that’s especially true on the outside where Michigan used to always have the NFL level wide receivers and they do not anymore!

With that said, the offensive line and quarterback, play was light years better than us the last couple years.

I have to tell you if we have reasonable discussions like this I would never have a problem with people being frustrated by our offense…They honestly suck. I mean they’re miserable and I am tired of even hearing about it because yes they are miserable but the presentation… man alive guys, it’s tiresome.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT