ADVERTISEMENT

Post for QC Pizza aficionados . . .

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
A new joint is going in the place where Fat Boys once was. Not sure based on this post if it will be true QC Style or not, but I see they will be offering a Chicago deep dish option:

286689417_10222216997114833_6950298092058928927_n.jpg

286375171_10222217149998655_4996794379116805640_n.jpg

Reactions: win4jj
7 whole toppings? Impressive.
I actually like places that do just a few things well instead of trying to roll out a massive menu with 100 items they make mediocre.

IIRC the original McDonald's menu was hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries and either vanilla or chocolate shake. And that was it. Period.

And it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better back then. Just sayin'.

I actually like places that do just a few things well instead of trying to roll out a massive menu with 100 items they make mediocre.

IIRC the original McDonald's menu was hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries and either vanilla or chocolate shake. And that was it. Period.

At least they leave out olives. Which is the fastest way to ruin any food. Although mushrooms are a close second.

if someone hands me a slice a pizza I’m eating it. I don’t care what’s on it.

if I’m ordering it, I’m not adding mushrooms or olives. Extra meat and less veggies please.
Fair

...but pepperoni and mushroom.. chefs kiss. I'd sub sausage but I'm not a fan of qc rabbit pellets

True - I really respect a pizza joint that sticks to the fundamentals like BBQ pizza and chicken caesar pizza.

Ground sausage is a start, but that’s all I see!
I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s one of the dudes from Fat Boy’s making another go of it. That place didn’t close for lack of business or demand — must have been a financial or mismanagement issue, iMo.

And if it’s one of those dudes, I would guess it will be QC style.

Just a theory though.

Just had Frank's for the first time. What a giant pile of greasy awfulness

Reactions: QChawks
Unless it’s someone from Tony’s, which I like alot too. Pretty sure the Davenport location closed.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT