ADVERTISEMENT

Post Game Mahomes: “God put a lot of adversity in front of us this year.....”

Campbell’s approach in the second half reminded me of Shanahan’s approach when he was OC of Atlanta’s Super Bowl team.

About the only way to lose it was to F it up.

Lions were running with ease. Take the F’ing field goals and keep running the ball. The Niners would have ran out of time.
I told a co-worker that exact thing this morning. Some times taking yoru foot off the gas is a good thing. You're up 3 scores, slow the game down a little. I really like MCDC but he screwed that up.

Perhaps they need to better understand the spirit of the Constitution and understand that even though they have a freedom to practice THEIR religion, I have an equal right to be spared them pontificating their religion..I have freedom FROM religion and it is just as protected as their right to practice.
But then, a lot of athletes are pretty self-centered and had everything they wanted for much of their life.
It’s just not the right place bins...and honestly, God doesn’t give a shit.

I agree with a lot of your stuff.
As a heathen athiest, my only position is if government and politicians use their religion to make laws to restrict individual freedoms. My values aren’t rattled because i see or hear a reference to god somewhere.

You being triggered over this is like MAGAs being triggered over someone kneeling during the anthem.

I will say an athletes reference to god is either disingenous or naive. If there was a god and s/he gave a shit about the outcome of a game or the particular athletes performance, that god is not worth my time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinehawk
Campbell’s approach in the second half reminded me of Shanahan’s approach when he was OC of Atlanta’s Super Bowl team.

About the only way to lose it was to F it up.

Lions were running with ease. Take the F’ing field goals and keep running the ball. The Niners would have ran out of time.

My no pic is from michigan so i have been following the lions for 6 yrs or so, but have been a falcons fan since i was a kid when they had deion, rison, jessie tuggle.

As the lions 3rd quarter collapse was occuring, i told no pic that it reminded me of the falcons super bowl.

And everybody was shocked at that super bowl collapse, but that season i watched atlanta get to big first half leads, only to let them slip away in the second half. Only difference with the super bowl is that they didn’t pull it out like so many other games that season

Patrick....with all due respect.....STFU!
“God” doesn’t give a shit about professional football!

If He did, the Brownies would have played the Ravens today.
(God is pondering why He sent Trump to Earth.)
And the crowd said “ crucify him”…..
Classic joel

I'm not saying they don't have the right to say whatever they want. I just want to hear them thank god when they lose

I understand thanking God for just being alive, but thats about it.

Zeus on the other hand would get someone pregnant in the form of a cloud.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
First of all, athletes typically don't thank God for a win. They thank God for the opportunity or the blessing of talent.

Second, if you haven't heard players praise God in a loss, then you are just not paying attention.

First of all, athletes typically don't thank God for a win. They thank God for the opportunity or the blessing of talent.

Second, if you haven't heard players praise God in a loss, then you are just not paying attention.

ugh..sure....give me all those examples compared to those that do after a win...

Maybe God is the GM of the Browns and she’s the one who pissed away a bunch of 1st round picks and $200 million on a crappy QB who likes to molest women, and that’s why the Browns weren’t playing yesterday?
Lucas...if your trying to get my goat by making fun of the Browns front office, try again. It’s no secret! These guys are the absolute worst. Back in 5e day, they practiced being God-awful by sticking with Ray Lewis (after they moved from Cleveland to Baltimore under Modell)...since their re-invention, they now bo it under their own logo! Absolute abortion if an ownership / franchise group. If th3 Brownies can phuque it up, they will! But dammit, they are MY team!

Oh, FFS, Joel. Now you sound like a MAGA snowflake who can’t handle the NFL anymore because colored folks exercised their 1st Amendment rights.

Patrick Mahomes has the right to invoke God all he wants. Just as we have the right to roll our eyes.
I know he does...But how does he not realize it is in such poor taste? It’s just not the place. Religion should be practiced at home or in church. Not on national TV...unless it is so advertised.
Again, I call “bullshit” that God favored him or the Chiefs. Mahomes is one lucky sumbitch...he should admit it and move on. God was busy yesterday killing 3 GIs in the desert somewhere in the Mid-East. Yes....THAT very same God.

• Haha
I know he does...But how does he not realize it is in such poor taste? It’s just not the place. Religion should be practiced at home or in church. Not on national TV...unless it is so advertised.
Again, I call “bullshit” that God favored him or the Chiefs. Mahomes is one lucky sumbitch...he should admit it and move on. God was busy yesterday killing 3 GIs in the desert somewhere in the Mid-East. Yes....THAT very same God.

Such a snowflake you are.

Personally, I just believe some forums are off-limits to God/religion. Sports (outside the locker room) is one of them. What players say/do in the privacy of their locker room is their business...I don’t think I should be subject to their personal spiritual feelings unless they are “game related” in any interview for public consumption.
Shit like this is a real divider in America today because it is subject to so much interpretation. It is just more “noise”...and America needs more “quiet zones”...
Welcome to Nazi Germany.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT