ADVERTISEMENT

Post game thoughts.....

Yep. Stubborn, angry and easily triggered is no way to go through life.
As I stated, your entitled to your opinion just like I am, but since you have nothing to offer other then silly comments, what exactly are you bringing to the conversation? Enlighten us with your vast knowledge, or is it beneath you?

As I stated, your entitled to your opinion just like I am, but since you have nothing to offer other then silly comments, what exactly are you bringing to the conversation? Enlighten us with your vast knowledge, or is it beneath you?
No vast knowledge here.

Maybe you should take a few days off from the board. Look inward and find some perspective. You seem angry.

No vast knowledge here.

Maybe you should take a few days off from the board. Look inward and find some perspective. You seem angry.
I'm not "angry" in anyway. Just don't see the purpose of "fans" who's only reason for posting is to follow other peoples comments and critique them when they have nothing to add. Its pointless, and adds nothing. Keep being you though and I'll try to do better to ignore your compulsion to add nothing to the conversation

I'm not "angry" in anyway. Just don't see the purpose of "fans" who's only reason for posting is to follow other peoples comments and critique them when they have nothing to add. Its pointless, and adds nothing. Keep being you though and I'll try to do better to ignore your compulsion to add nothing to the conversation
You’re not understanding. Plenty of people had things to add. You don’t want to listen. Presented with facts that our offense had plenty of possessions to do something with the ball you continued to argue that. We scored on less than 10% of our possessions against Kentucky. 1 out of 11. Based on percentages we’d needed 20 possessions to get more points. Most of the season was like that. Most people aren’t understanding what you’re still arguing about. You disagree that’s fine but you’ve been presented with plenty of evidence the other way.

You’re not understanding. Plenty of people had things to add. You don’t want to listen. Presented with facts that our offense had plenty of possessions to do something with the ball you continued to argue that. We scored on less than 10% of our possessions against Kentucky. 1 out of 11. Based on percentages we’d needed 20 possessions to get more points. Most of the season was like that. Most people aren’t understanding what you’re still arguing about. You disagree that’s fine but you’ve been presented with plenty of evidence the other way.
But thats not how sports works. I give you the benefit of the doubt that you know that. To say that because we only scored on 1 out of 11 tomes with the ball that means we would need to have the ball 20 more times to score is ridiculous. Football is not algebra or something. You can't play the game thinking like that, nor does it work that way. What your saying isn't evidence either, its a prediction based on a %. That doesn't mean its set in stone that they couldn't score the next time they have the ball. That should be clear as hell.
Look at the basketball team. Sandfort is 0 for 19 so far in B1G games from the field. Horrible, ridiculous % right? So should Fran tell him to never shoot the ball again in a game, or figure at some point he's going to get something going. In the game against Kentucky, Iowa had some chunk plays that were close. Why is it so impossible that Labas connects on the next one and we get a big play? How is that figured into the %'s?

Reactions: Frosty7130
But thats not how sports works. I give you the benefit of the doubt that you know that. To say that because we only scored on 1 out of 11 tomes with the ball that means we would need to have the ball 20 more times to score is ridiculous. Football is not algebra or something. You can't play the game thinking like that, nor does it work that way. What your saying isn't evidence either, its a prediction based on a %. That doesn't mean its set in stone that they couldn't score the next time they have the ball. That should be clear as hell.
Look at the basketball team. Sandfort is 0 for 19 so far in B1G games from the field. Horrible, ridiculous % right? So should Fran tell him to never shoot the ball again in a game, or figure at some point he's going to get something going. In the game against Kentucky, Iowa had some chunk plays that were close. Why is it so impossible that Labas connects on the next one and we get a big play? How is that figured into the %'s?
Tough to project a big play when they go 0 for 11 on 3rd down. Not even one to generate a percentage

Reactions: littlez
I’m not going to keep going after this so I’ll leave it here. There were very few attempts at so called “ chunk plays.” 0-11 on third downs. 206 total yards of offense. We couldn’t run and we didn’t trust our line to block so we gave Joe pretty easy routes, especially after the 1st half. My main point is we had plenty of POSSESSIONS! In the Rose Bowl each team has had 5 possessions. Each team has scored twice. We had 11 possessions and got 1. It’s not lack of possessions that’s holding us back. It’s not having an effective offense. We agree to disagree.

I’m not going to keep going after this so I’ll leave it here. There were very few attempts at so called “ chunk plays.” 0-11 on third downs. 206 total yards of offense. We couldn’t run and we didn’t trust our line to block so we gave Joe pretty easy routes, especially after the 1st half. My main point is we had plenty of POSSESSIONS! In the Rose Bowl each team has had 5 possessions. Each team has scored twice. We had 11 possessions and got 1. It’s not lack of possessions that’s holding us back. It’s not having an effective offense. We agree to disagree.
Agreed.....

Do big plays only happen on third down? Just asking.....
Not sure how that applies. Tough to project big plays when going 0 for 11 on third down. I don’t believe that implies that big plays only happen on 3rd down. So to answer your question. No.

Going 0 for 11 does limit the amount of plays an offense can run which…. And I know that this will be hard to believe but it will limit the potential for big plays simply because there is less opportunity. Couple that with the extreme risk adverse approach for the game means…. Few chances for a big play.

I wasn't coming after you. And I do occasionally add something to the conversation.

Peace my Hawkeye friend. Have a happy new year.

ADVERTISEMENT