ADVERTISEMENT

Post here if you made it another day without drinking.

I gotchu, OP. I thought about having a beer after I mowed the lawn, but somehow ended up with an orange pop instead.

I'm not even sure how the orange pop ended up in the fridge. I haven't bought orange pop in forever.

My hope is that one of the kids bought it and put it in there to save it for later. I wish I could be there to see the look of disappointment on the face of whomever that orange pop belonged to when they open the fridge to retrieve it and it is nowhere to be found.

The kiddos are growing up. They are mobile and have their own money and buy their own stuff now, so this is a new hobby of mine. This is payback for years of those little ****ers always finding whatever it was that I was saving for myself and eating that shit without asking and it feels pretty pretty good.

I've never been a huge drinker so will have a couple Ultras Saturday golfing but probably nothing until then.

Reactions: Ole Jim
I had a pint of Guinness on Saturday. Before that, it had been about a week since I had a drink (but I did have quite a few then...... over two nights in Boston)

Reactions: NoleATL and Ole Jim
Had 1 Saturday night at the Def Leppard concert. I’ve finally been able to just have one every now and then without getting blackout drunk. In my 20’s and 30’s is binge drink and had no off switch if I started. Got absolutely wasted on my 39th birthday and haven’t had more than 3 beers/ drinks at one time since.

I gotchu, OP. I thought about having a beer after I mowed the lawn, but somehow ended up with an orange pop instead.

I'm not even sure how the orange pop ended up in the fridge. I haven't bought orange pop in forever.

My hope is that one of the kids bought it and put it in there to save it for later. I wish I could be there to see the look of disappointment on the face of whomever that orange pop belonged to when they open the fridge to retrieve it and it is nowhere to be found.

The kiddos are growing up. They are mobile and have their own money and buy their own stuff now, so this is a new hobby of mine. This is payback for years of those little ****ers always finding whatever it was that I was saving for myself and eating that shit without asking and it feels pretty pretty good.

You should make a YouTube show all about petty little BS you do to payback your kids. I would never miss an episode - the pettier the better

Kid - someone took my Orange pop… but oh well

HawCory - HAHA I GOT YOU LITTLE ****ER MAYBE NOW YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE YOUR LIFE TAKEN OVER AND DESTROYED

Kid - sure dad. Can you take me to baseball practice?

Had 5 beers Saturday. Won't drink again until charity golf outing Friday. Then Saturday is carnival at kids school so will have half dozen or so beers that night as well. With football season coming, I usually have 5-6 on game day but rarely drink during the week.

If you're a problem drinker/addict and posting ITT, I'm pulling for you. Overcoming an addiction is hard work.... the mental challenges which tease and torment long after your body has flushed the toxins.

I quit cigarettes almost 20 years ago, praise be to Allah. I think it helps immensely to have a strong personal reason up front to serve as motivation. Search your heart and find it, that's your anchor.

For me, it was watching my dad die after a lifetime of smoking..... visiting him in the hospital in his final days.... watching him struggle with an oxygen mask as we talked and then intermittently spitting blood tainted mucus into container was the 4x4 I needed. Goddamn. I quit a couple weeks after the funeral - those images/his life (a great dad) was the mental "fire extinguisher" to temptation.

Here. Alcohol goes straight to my legs for some reason. One beer and I feel like I am struggling to walk.

I was a lush drinker for 30 years. Ive always said that there is only so much alcohol a body can drink. If you over do it when you are young, you either quit or die.

I had a single glass of wine last month; was at dinner with friends.
One glass of Chardonnay and it was $10.
Ridiculous!
Very thankful I don’t care about booze.
God Bless those fighting to stay sober.

• Love
0 alcohols since sometime mid-April 2020. Rare for me to "struggle" at this point. Slips in December 2019 and April 2020 were pretty rough and they were just me drinking like I always did. It's not possible or desirable (to me) to try moderate drinking and I have hard proof that it's going to end in disaster. Last Friday was the first time in I don't know how long where I had as much as a fleeting thought about drinking when I was walking through downtown Des Moines after work.

Honestly can't remember the last beer. September 3rd will be the real test. College football season usually is.

Reactions: Ole Jim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT