ADVERTISEMENT

Post Season Production Predictions

hawkeyecrazy

HR All-State
Dec 5, 2003
I've been kicking this one around for awhile; In the upcoming season, where do the Hawks score more post season points From 125 to 157 OR from 165 to HWT ??

Lots of moving parts in the line up, double weight bumps, magic bullets, 125 going to hang maximum points. Just wondering what the rest of you can predict in the WAAY to early guessing game....it is the office season after all.

I think the uppers score more assuming good health.

Team p4p rankings IMO
1. Spencer
2. Bull/Kem
4. Stoll(assuming the knee is solid)
5. Warner
6. Lugo
7. DeSanto/Renteria
8. 184
9. 141

I think the uppers score more assuming good health.

Team p4p rankings IMO
1. Spencer
2. Bull/Kem
4. Stoll(assuming the knee is solid)
5. Warner
6. Lugo
7. DeSanto/Renteria
8. 184
9. 141
Love the team P4P rankings concept.

2018 (NCAA team points):
1. Lee (27--scored more points than Sorensen & Marinelli combined)
2. Stoll (17)
3. Kemerer (16.5)
4T. Sorensen (13)
4T. Marinelli (13)
6T. Bowman (4)
6T. Wilcke (4)
8. Turk (3.5)
9. Gunther (0)
10. Glynn (0)

2019:
1. Lee (enough said)
2. Stoll (285 returns only 3 of top 8--Stoll is highest returner--add Steveson)
3. Warner (197 returns 5 of top 8; highest returner is Conel of Kent State, 30-11 last yr)
4. Kemerer (174 returns 6 of top 8; fewer bonus points for Kem @ 174)
5. Marinelli (165 returns 7 of top 8)
6. Lugo (149 returns only 3 of top 8 and only 1 of top 5; Lugo has to prove it)
7. Renteria/DeSanto (133 returns 10 of the top 11; tough sledding)
8. Murin/Turk (141 returns 6 of top 8; unproven)
9. Young (157 returns 6 of top 8; unproven)
10. Wilcke (184 returns 7 of top 8; unproven)

Thanks Young and Tarp that's what I was looking for (too lazy to do the leg work) ironic that lightweight U had the strength of the team in the uppers. 133 is going to be brutal , more than a few good wrestlers aren't going to AA.

I agree, 184 is a tough weight. I don’t see Cash as an AA this year, unfortunately. But, you never know, upsets always happen in the tourney.
I understand a lot of us including myself are skeptical about 184 but I believe with all the guys in the room training together if cash comes out on top and is wrestling at his peak come March he does AA

Lee-Champ
Desanto:5-Rd of 12...A bunch of hammers at 33 this year
Turk/Murin:Rd of 12
Lugo: 3-8
Young:4-8
Marinelli:1-6
Kemerer: 1-4
Wilcke: 7-Rd of 12
Warner: 3-6
Stoll: 1-4

Obviously, we are going to need guys to step up big time and hope for no injuries. I think we have a solid shot at 8AAs and second place. Just read a post on facebook from an OSU fan...was real in depth but has OSU making up close to 70-100 points to finish second. Also said we were the fortune of many other's bad luck lol. Was pretty funny to read. This isn't to say that OSU cannot finish second but they really only get better in two spots (Smith and Fix) plus a healthy weigel.

https://johnnythompsonnum1.blogspot.com/2018/07/2018-2019-ncaa-division-i-thoughts-and.html

Lee-Champ

Obviously, we are going to need guys to step up big time and hope for no injuries. I think we have a solid shot at 8AAs and second place. Just read a post on facebook from an OSU fan...was real in depth but has OSU making up close to 70-100 points to finish second. Also said we were the fortune of many other's bad luck lol. Was pretty funny to read. This isn't to say that OSU cannot finish second but they really only get better in two spots (Smith and Fix) plus a healthy weigel.

https://johnnythompsonnum1.blogspot.com/2018/07/2018-2019-ncaa-division-i-thoughts-and.html
Lee-Champ

johnnythompsonnum1 (Stephen Stonebraker) is actually from Iowa and kind of a starry-eyed fan of all wrestling, who has been on the message boards since he was a young kid. He also dabbles in professional wrestling.

Lee-Champ

Oh Chief, why you got to bring me back to reality, still like Grips prediction. I'm going with the Hawks starting a string of team championships this coming year. Brands had them wrestling above expectation last year and believe he will do it again with more talent and experience. This is going to be an amazing year.

Oh Chief, why you got to bring me back to reality, still like Grips prediction. I'm going with the Hawks starting a string of team championships this coming year. Brands had them wrestling above expectation last year and believe he will do it again with more talent and experience. This is going to be an amazing year.
Yeah chief you need to be more optimistic:confused:o_O;)

Reactions: IAChief32
I'm not going to call us the favorite, but I absolutely believe we have a legit shot.

Reactions: Tcalumet
Lee-Champ

Lee-Champ

johnnythompsonnum1 (Stephen Stonebraker) is actually from Iowa and kind of a starry-eyed fan of all wrestling, who has been on the message boards since he was a young kid. He also dabbles in professional wrestling.

He is the worst..

Lee 1st
DeSanto 4th
Turk/murin 6th
Lugo 3rd
Young 7th
Dog 1-3rd
Kem 1st
Wilke/Bowman 6th
Warner 1st
Stoll 1-3rd
National champs this year
What say you
I say, no.
Lee will be champ.
DeSanto is not going to finish 4th. 7th, 8th place finish and he has had a great season.
No placement at 141.
Lugo with a good tournament maybe something around 6th or 7th.
Young with a great tournament maybe 7th, 8th.
Marinelli 4th, 5th.
Kemerer is competing for 3rd.
Wilke is something between a round of 12 guy to wrestling for 7th or 8th.
Warner is not winning a title, but somewhere between 3rd and 6th.
Stoll, several ifs. His wounded knee (pun possible), Stevenson redshirt or starting. Healthy with no Stevenson he could finish first. Kind of depends on who between Nevills (also health questions) and Stoll takes the shot and who sprawls for the win.

A great Hawk tournament gets you 7AAs, 3 finalists and 2 champions. 120 points and a solid runner-up finish.

I say, no.
Lee will be champ.
DeSanto is not going to finish 4th. 7th, 8th place finish and he has had a great season.
No placement at 141.
Lugo with a good tournament maybe something around 6th or 7th.
Young with a great tournament maybe 7th, 8th.
Marinelli 4th, 5th.
Kemerer is competing for 3rd.
Wilke is something between a round of 12 guy to wrestling for 7th or 8th.
Warner is not winning a title, but somewhere between 3rd and 6th.
Stoll, several ifs. His wounded knee (pun possible), Stevenson redshirt or starting. Healthy with no Stevenson he could finish first. Kind of depends on who between Nevills (also health questions) and Stoll takes the shot and who sprawls for the win.

A great Hawk tournament gets you 7AAs, 3 finalists and 2 champions. 120 points and a solid runner-up finish.
You are going to be disappointed with this prediction my friend I know my expectations are high they usually are but this year will be a soecial year for the Hawks mark my words

You are going to be disappointed with this prediction my friend I know my expectations are high they usually are but this year will be a soecial year for the Hawks mark my words
120 team points, 3 finalists with 2 champs (admittedly this is the perfect storm good tournament) is a pretty special season.

I actually think he was quite reasonable. Hoping for better of course but fairly good prediction, IMHO.

Interesting to see who mans 141. I think I know who it won't be.

I actually think he was quite reasonable. Hoping for better of course but fairly good prediction, IMHO.

Interesting to see who mans 141. I think I know who it won't be.
Yeah no one could be disappointed if the Hawks finished with those results.

The 141 race will be very exciting indeed

So Going by what your saying Murin is beating out Turk hands down and JRent is staying down at 133 and either Jrent or DeSanto are redshirting would this be a close judgement.

Nope. And, just to make certain posters happy, this is definitely part opinion.

Your just messing with me now but Im gonna play along one more time. So then The best guy goes out of Desanto and Rent the other shirts and Max and Turk will be wrestling off for 141

My speculative take on Spooner's comment was that someone @141 might be leaving.

Take #2 is that someone @141 might not be competing 1st semester.

Reactions: Grip220
Lee-Champ

Thanks for the link, Chief...good reading!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT