ADVERTISEMENT

Post Your Unpopular Opinion: Men's Fashion Edition

Only wear a tie if you’re also wearing a suit or sportcoat (or, very casually, a sweater). Shirt, tie and no jacket is the wedding uniform of a nine-year-old. I'm looking at you Jim Jordan.

GettyImages-997124868.jpg

Yoga pants for men should be a thing...but dudes with tiny penises make fun of them b/c they don’t want the world to see their lack of a bulge.
Sometimes the lack of bulge means its hanging really low

Reactions: naturalmwa
Only wear a tie if you’re also wearing a suit or sportcoat (or, very casually, a sweater). Shirt, tie and no jacket is the wedding uniform of a nine-year-old. I'm looking at you Jim Jordan.

GettyImages-997124868.jpg

Go rip his tie off him. I double dog dare you.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I sometimes wear a scarf on very cold days with a suit and long black coat. I don’t wrap the scarf or tie it, but have it hang over my neck and drape down. It’s a big help with the wind. Something along the lines of this:

122312-pic-1-lacasuarina.jpg

Reactions: Bonerfarts
Your piercings make you look stupid.

Socks don't go with sandals

Button up shirts and polo shirts should be tucked in while in public.

I'm not sure if any of those are too popular but I think my most unpopular opinions would be with dress shoes.

Dress shoes with no laces on them are slippers. They are only barely acceptable if you are over 70. If you are under 70 you should never wear these.

81jNqn1zKyL._UX395_.jpg

This is a slipper, not a shoe.

Dress shoes should be worn only with black or dark blue socks. Not wearing socks with your dress shoes is for dirty hippies.

a1479ea9db7e1de1f4c1c142020675eb.jpg

He looks ridiculous.

Dress shoes with a square toe look ridiculous.

kenneth-cole-shoes.jpg

This look needs to die.

Boots are not dress shoes

61YAuoY6CJL._UY395_.jpg

NO NO NO NO NO

Lets be real the only dress shoes men should wear are black oxfords. All other are stupid.

Last edited:
Bro tanks are great.

Come to the fight bar and get wrecked in front of your friends by a douchebag. I'll be dressed like this guy:

Screenshot-20191206-142539-Chrome.jpg

If you’re over, say, 25 and wear your hat backwards, 99.9 percent of other guys and 100 percent of women think you’re a major douche. And of the guys who do wear their hats backwards, I’m betting there’s also some kind of facial hair involved (goatee, stubble, hipster beard, etc).

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Business professional requires a tie.

Women’s “suits” do not require a tie and thus are not business professional.

Ties should only be worn by bankers and lawyers that aren’t fat slobs

Your piercings make you look stupid.

Socks don't go with sandals

Button up shirts and polo shirts should be tucked in while in public.

I'm not sure if any of those are too popular but I think my most unpopular opinions would be with dress shoes.

Dress shoes with no laces on them are slippers. They are only barely acceptable if you are over 70. If you are under 70 you should never wear these.

81jNqn1zKyL._UX395_.jpg

This is a slipper, not a shoe.

Dress shoes should be worn only with black or dark blue socks. Not wearing socks with your dress shoes is for dirty hippies.

a1479ea9db7e1de1f4c1c142020675eb.jpg

He looks ridiculous.

Dress shoes with a square toe look ridiculous.

kenneth-cole-shoes.jpg

This look needs to die.

Boots are not dress shoes

61YAuoY6CJL._UY395_.jpg

NO NO NO NO NO

Lets be real the only dress shoes men should wear are black oxfords. All other are stupid.
I’m with you on most of that, but there are nice slip on shoes or boots that work fine for business dress.

Regular fit dress shirts need to vanish. Why is there so much extra fabric? I bought a white dress shirt last year for a wedding and made the mistake of not looking at the cut first. Never again. That thing nearly could have been used for a parachute. Slim fit only thank you.

Regular fit dress shirts need to vanish. Why is there so much extra fabric? I bought a white dress shirt last year for a wedding and made the mistake of not looking at the cut first. Never again. That thing nearly could have been used for a parachute. Slim fit only thank you.
We are a nation of lardasses. I buy the slim fit and even those can have too much fabric.

Cowboy hats and cowboy boots. Only acceptable as a Halloween costume.

I work with farmers, and when I am doing farm visits in sloppy conditions, I'm certainly not wearing dress shoes. So, what options does that leave for professional looking footware?

Brown cowboy boots with my jeans. Can't wear my tennis shoes, my farm work boots dont look good enough for work, and I'm not ruining dress shoes.

100% agree on cowboy hats. Pointless.

Reactions: Ol' Dirty Bastard
Not everyone is a little fellow like you. Some of us are neither obese nor built for slim fit anything.

Reactions: Nipigu
ADVERTISEMENT