ADVERTISEMENT

Pound for pound best in the world mens senior freestyle

Sett1997

HR Legend
Nov 27, 2004
1. Sadulaev
2. Taylor? Argument could be Dake but he got killed in the semis at the Olympics.
3. Yaz? Yes he beat Taylor in the last world's but I'll have to see him do it again.
4. Dake
5.Burroughs
6. Snyder? He may be number 2 but he's battling number 1. Would not be shocked to see Snyder win another against Sadulaev.
6. Sidakov? Too low maybe.
7. Gilman? Looking very tough.
I'm missing a lot of international wrestlers in this list.
Iran has a wicked young heavyweight too.
Sad we have no Gable.
8. Geno Petrashvilli?
Just for fun guys. I probably messed this up. Lol
Thoughts?

1. Sadulaev
2. Taylor? Argument could be Dake but he got killed in the semis at the Olympics.
3. Yaz? Yes he beat Taylor in the last world's but I'll have to see him do it again.
4. Dake
5.Burroughs
6. Snyder? He may be number 2 but he's battling number 1. Would not be shocked to see Snyder win another against Sadulaev.
Sad we have no Gable.
8. Geno Petrashvilli?
Thoughts?
Didn’t Gilman just take a couple of losses earlier TODAY?

1. Sadulaev
4. Dake
5.Burroughs
Sad we have no Gable.
8. Geno Petrashvilli?
Thoughts?
You're missing around 5-30 Russians.

You're missing around 5-30 Russians.
No, not really if you take the last few world championships and Olympics into consideration.
I have 97 covered and 74, Gilman lost last second to the Olympic champion. No Russian threat at heavy. I covered Sidakov. Taylor beats the Russians at 86. Tell me who they are?
I also did mention that I was missing some international wrestlers.
Tell me the world threats that I'm missing.
That's why I posted that I was missing some.

No, not really if you take the last few world championships and Olympics into consideration.
I have 97 covered and 74, Gilman lost last second to the Olympic champion. No Russian threat at heavy. I covered Sidakov. Taylor beats the Russians at 86. Tell me who they are?
IMO, 5 of the top 8 freestyle wrestlers in the world are not all from the USA as you have listed. I will have to look at it closer when I have more time

gilman needs to win again to even be in this conversation. if we're going to be honest, the brackets at worlds last year were extremely weak just a few months after the olympics. the guy he beat in the finals wasn't even iran's number 1 for example. the only other top guy in the bracket was Atli who has been trending down. seems really silly to include him over the 3x champ Uguev who beat him hth also.

In addition to the Russians you mentioned.

Magomedov - 61kg
Rashidov - 65kg
Kurbonov - 92kg
Uguev - 57kg

Honestly, I think you're downplaying how deep the Russian ladder is. You could likely drop in their 3rd best at a weight and I'd wager they'd be wrestling for medal atleast.

Also, I don't think you really mentioned anyone from 65kg? This is the deepest field IMO.

Punia (India), Otoguro (Japanese Olympic champion), Haji Aliyev (Azerbaijan, several worl golds and a few Olympic medals) and Rashidov mentioned above.

Gilman is a beast right now but he isn't in the top 25 pfp right now. In my own opinion of course.

In addition to the Russians you mentioned.

Magomedov - 61kg
Rashidov - 65kg
Kurbonov - 92kg
Uguev - 57kg

Honestly, I think you're downplaying how deep the Russian ladder is. You could likely drop in their 3rd best at a weight and I'd wager they'd be wrestling for medal atleast.

Also, I don't think you really mentioned anyone from 65kg? This is the deepest field IMO.

Punia (India), Otoguro (Japanese Olympic champion), Haji Aliyev (Azerbaijan, several worl golds and a few Olympic medals) and Rashidov mentioned above.

Gilman is a beast right now but he isn't in the top 25 pfp right now. In my own opinion of course.
Agreed. My list is missing tons of top people.

We do have a stacked team though, especially if you just go with olympic weights.
Burroughs, Taylor, Dake , Snyder and Gilman.
World Championships we also have Cox.
That gives us legit gold shot at 6 weights.
Pretty crazy.
Love to see Yani, Gross, or Zain surprise too.

Last edited:
Gable, Sadulaev, Taylor, sidakov, Yazdani

Snyder should probably take Taylors spot or Yazdani. He just has to wrestle the goat everytime. Gilman is no way too ten. Russia’s 57 and 61kg, japans 65kg, Dake, Geno, maybe Zare. Probably another Japanese lw. Gilman prolly Is top 20 tho. Definitely one of the best 57kg guys. He looks great. Just imo.

Gable, Sadulaev, Taylor, sidakov, Yazdani

Snyder should probably take Taylors spot or Yazdani. He just has to wrestle the goat everytime. Gilman is no way too ten. Russia’s 57 and 61kg, japans 65kg, Dake, Geno, maybe Zare. Probably another Japanese lw. Gilman prolly Is top 20 tho. Definitely one of the best 57kg guys. He looks great. Just imo.
Going to be fun to watch Rick! So far off, we have Hawk fb started by then too!

Reactions: Rick Sanchez
Sad we have no Gable.
8. Geno Petrashvilli?
Thoughts?
Zare is 21 years old and absolutely destroyed Petrashvilli at the worlds. He's the rising star and, IMO, he beats Gable if not for Gable's retirement.

Zare is 21 years old and absolutely destroyed Petrashvilli at the worlds. He's the rising star and, IMO, he beats Gable if not for Gable's retirement.
I think he probably does beat Gable the first time or two they’d wrestle. After that I dunno. I think Gable is definitely the better wrestler but Zare is the push out king.

Gable was 20 and was on his way to tech’n Geno if they correctly call the four pointer they missed.

Reactions: el dub
Would love to see it but I just can’t envision seeing Snyder ever beating that dude again. He is just a level above Snyder, and I believe the gap gets wider each time they wrestle from now on. Hope I’m wrong, but there’s nothing to be ashamed of being a level below arguably the most dominate freestyle wrestler the world has ever known one day.

1. Sadulaev
4. Dake
5.Burroughs
Sad we have no Gable.
8. Geno Petrashvilli?
Thoughts?
The guy that won 57 @ Olympics above Gilman.

Not betting against gable. Also I wouldn’t say destroyed petrashvilli - beat him.

zare was in the bracket gable won - soo…

ADVERTISEMENT