ADVERTISEMENT

Practice nuggets..

Was told yesterday that Logan Jones has been running with the 1's at Center for the past two weeks.
Love hearing this. Dude has a bit of the Linderbaum nasty streak, is obviously talented enough, and finally healthier than last year. Like Linderbaum, once there solidified in that position, he may never look back until the NFL comes calling.....

Was told yesterday that during 7-on-7 drills, Ferentz accidentally dropped a nugget in his trousers and had to scurry off to the can. Such is the life of the nation’s most tenured head coach.

Was told yesterday that Logan Jones has been running with the 1's at Center for the past two weeks.
I have heard from some within the Lewis Central athletic circle that Logan is very intelligent, studious and has a penchant for details which are all traits you want in your center. Add in that nobody outworks him in the weight room and we could be looking at the Hawks' starting center for the next few years.

I wonder about the percentage of the work-load. My guess is that Fagan, Elsbury, and Jones each rotate with the 1s. The question is who works with the 1s the most?

Barnett alluded that before the injury ... "on paper" Mylinski was listed as the #2 C behind Linderbaum. The spring apparently marked the first time (at least in college), that EITHER Jones or Elsbury had snapped the ball. So the spring has been quite a learning curve for BOTH guys ... but Barnett seemed to be quite positive about both guys overall.

With Mylinski back working in the summer ... should be interesting to see how things shake out.

Colby had a neat mention about how he was impressed with how Jones was moving people ... given how inexperienced he was at the position. That's quite intriguing.

I wonder about the percentage of the work-load. My guess is that Fagan, Elsbury, and Jones each rotate with the 1s. The question is who works with the 1s the most?

Barnett alluded that before the injury ... "on paper" Mylinski was listed as the #2 C behind Linderbaum. The spring apparently marked the first time (at least in college), that EITHER Jones or Elsbury had snapped the ball. So the spring has been quite a learning curve for BOTH guys ... but Barnett seemed to be quite positive about both guys overall.

With Mylinski back working in the summer ... should be interesting to see how things shake out.

Colby had a neat mention about how he was impressed with how Jones was moving people ... given how inexperienced he was at the position. That's quite intriguing.
Fagan wasn't mention3ed by Barnett. It was Elsbury and Jones in a battler right now. It was also mentioned by someone else that Jones hasn't put the ball on the ground once this Spring which is impressive for a first time guy. He is strong as an ox so not surprising he is pushing guys around.

Fagan wasn't mention3ed by Barnett. It was Elsbury and Jones in a battler right now. It was also mentioned by someone else that Jones hasn't put the ball on the ground once this Spring which is impressive for a first time guy. He is strong as an ox so not surprising he is pushing guys around.
Fagan was mentioned at least twice by Barnett ...

He was initially mentioned as being a SR ... along with Plumb. Then, in the context of the C position ... he was mentioned at 4:20 as "repping at C" ... which was something we hopefully already knew. Then, after mentioning Mylinski being out ... he then goes on to talk about Jones and Elsbury repping at C.

Last season, when Shooter was out ... Fagan was initially our #2 C. Then, as Mylinski developed ... then Fagan maybe slipped to the #3 C spot. With Linderbaum graduated and Mylinski injured ... you gotta figure that Fagan is back up there.

Can Mylinski and/or Jones play Guard if one clearly wins the C position?

I would assume they can. KF has always moved OL around. My guess is Stephens, Elsbury and Jones doing well enough that they are trying Colby at OT to see if those four and Richman are best five.

Reactions: David1979
My inside info that Davidkov will be one of the starting tackles seems to have some holes in it 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: David1979
Fagan was mentioned at least twice by Barnett ...

He was initially mentioned as being a SR ... along with Plumb. Then, in the context of the C position ... he was mentioned at 4:20 as "repping at C" ... which was something we hopefully already knew. Then, after mentioning Mylinski being out ... he then goes on to talk about Jones and Elsbury repping at C.

Last season, when Shooter was out ... Fagan was initially our #2 C. Then, as Mylinski developed ... then Fagan maybe slipped to the #3 C spot. With Linderbaum graduated and Mylinski injured ... you gotta figure that Fagan is back up there.
I was talking about mentioned as competing for #1 job.

I wouldn't say that.

I wouldn't say any starting positions will be finalized until fall camp. That's where Richman won the LT job last year.
I was told he is a starting Tackle right now. The tea leaves suggest that is false…we shall see on Saturday.

To your point, yes, there is a lot of time before the first game.

sounds like Jones is a guy they want on the field..... if he doesn’t start at Center wonder if they’d move him back to dline

for the most part over the years guys they move to other positions succeed at them though

sounds like Jones is a guy they want on the field..... if he doesn’t start at Center wonder if they’d move him back to dline

for the most part over the years guys they move to other positions succeed at them though
Perhaps but he's lost a lot of practice time on said DL and we are at least 8 deep there. Never say never yet I'd say he's an OL for good now sans DL injuries.

A small sample size from some of the highlights from yesterday, but it appeared Jones gets off the ball a lot quicker than Elsbury and Fagan.

ADVERTISEMENT