ADVERTISEMENT

Practice Observations

Irishhawkeye2107

HR All-American
Jun 17, 2005
Showed up as the team was starting to stretch. Pretty crazy to see all the guys flipping around and running around on their heads. After stretching Brands was preaching about Iowa Style...everyone has their own style but need to find how they each can best put on pressure. Seemed to push more to n philosophy of pressure and pace as Iowa style and up to each to apply those traits to their unique style.

I did not watch a ton of match-ups mostly focused on Lee/Teasdale, Teasdale/Gilman, DeSanto/Murin.

Lee/Teasdale: Wrested a couple matches the first completely controlled and dominated by lee. Lee had some very nice takedowns and was working his typical turns. Hard to say if Teasdale needs work or if it was just Lee being Lee. 2nd match was a completely different story as Lee appeared to tire a bit. Teasdale got in on a shot and had lee dead to rights..some how lee Houdini out but Teasdale stuck with it....ended up needing to finish about three times before he got the takedown. Lee escaped and Teasdale finished another takedown this one a little quicker and less fight from lee who was fading a little this second match.

Giman/Teasdale: not a great matchup for Teasdale as Gilman is just too solid and seasoned. Hand fighting controlled by gman and he was just too good and methodical.

Desanto/murin: absolutely a treat to watch these two wrestle. They both go hard and could seemingly go forever. For as hard as they were going there was not a ton of scoring in either match. I did not see Desanto give up any offensive points and I think he scored a couple takedowns. With his pace and 141 clearing out I honestly think he could be in hunt at 141...and I think he and gross are going to be wrestling Saturday night if he stays 133.

From what else I saw, Lugo was getting the better of happel, marinelli was ragdolling someone, Wilson and Assad looked pretty even.

Brands was not wrestling but I almost puked watching m* put him through a running workout. Seemed to be running on full incline as m* kept a hand on his back so he wouldn’t fall off the back as he tired. Unbelievable to see someone pushing that hard. No brace on kemdog and he looked to be in great shape.

enjoy that ya filthy animals.

First wont be reporting on any injuries..
Teasdale: kids got so much talent but right now Lee's in his head. Being the former stablemate I believe he gives to much respect *same way Kem did to Nolf) Give Teasdale time he will be right there after a few months with TNT. Really love how much Gilman was teaching him
I said on another thread I expect the winner at 133 to be competing for a National title and Loser of wrestle off to move up to 141 and compete for Title there.
AD should be the prime example to every kid in Iowas lineup. He hustles constantly and sets the standard in every practice. Reminds me so much of Barry Davis...absolutely relentless.
The Candian National team was in attendance and it's just another feather of how respected Iowa is throughout the world in wrestling.
Warner was wrestling Burak and I believe if Warners going to be top 5 he needs this type of workout. Burak is bigger stronger faster and doesn't allow Warners stuff. He makes him work for it!

Turk..looks hungry and focused which I haven't seen in previous seasons. He seams more mature and really wants to regain his spot. I enjoyed watching his matches.
Kem Young Marinelli all were good dominant.
Big Cass and Telford went at it and Cass is getting alot of focus. Looks better after just one week of practice where he struggled last week.
Alot of recruits in room Sokol Paddy Kennedy were all talking with Perry.
Love to see all 3 of them as Hawks.

Sorry also have to say Henson was there as was Gable.

Last edited:
Showed up as the team was starting to stretch. Pretty crazy to see all the guys flipping around and running around on their heads. After stretching Brands was preaching about Iowa Style...everyone has their own style but need to find how they each can best put on pressure. Seemed to push more to n philosophy of pressure and pace as Iowa style and up to each to apply those traits to their unique style.

I did not watch a ton of match-ups mostly focused on Lee/Teasdale, Teasdale/Gilman, DeSanto/Murin.

Lee/Teasdale: Wrested a couple matches the first completely controlled and dominated by lee. Lee had some very nice takedowns and was working his typical turns. Hard to say if Teasdale needs work or if it was just Lee being Lee. 2nd match was a completely different story as Lee appeared to tire a bit. Teasdale got in on a shot and had lee dead to rights..some how lee Houdini out but Teasdale stuck with it....ended up needing to finish about three times before he got the takedown. Lee escaped and Teasdale finished another takedown this one a little quicker and less fight from lee who was fading a little this second match.

Giman/Teasdale: not a great matchup for Teasdale as Gilman is just too solid and seasoned. Hand fighting controlled by gman and he was just too good and methodical.

Desanto/murin: absolutely a treat to watch these two wrestle. They both go hard and could seemingly go forever. For as hard as they were going there was not a ton of scoring in either match. I did not see Desanto give up any offensive points and I think he scored a couple takedowns. With his pace and 141 clearing out I honestly think he could be in hunt at 141...and I think he and gross are going to be wrestling Saturday night if he stays 133.

From what else I saw, Lugo was getting the better of happel, marinelli was ragdolling someone, Wilson and Assad looked pretty even.

Brands was not wrestling but I almost puked watching m* put him through a running workout. Seemed to be running on full incline as m* kept a hand on his back so he wouldn’t fall off the back as he tired. Unbelievable to see someone pushing that hard. No brace on kemdog and he looked to be in great shape.

That’s a brutal set for Teasdale anyway you slice it...lee and then Gilman.

It’s mid October o_O
So it doesn’t concern you at all?

A 2x NCAA champ (with a history of gassing issues) is being gassed by a guy who has never wrestled a collegiate match and dropped out of school with a drug problem.

It’s true that it’s only October, and who knows the circumstances of one practice, but this isn’t really what I’d like to hear about a guy I think can be our Olympian this year.

I was there and I’m not concerned. He literally wrestled a match 3 minutes before this one. I also think he will be wrestling a limited schedule this year while prepping for Olympic run. I could see the tank affecting him through the season but he’ll be ready come March.
Get out of here with your level headed, rationale thoughts! This is the cesspool!

A 2x NCAA champ (with a history of gassing issues) is being gassed by a guy who has never wrestled a collegiate match and dropped out of school with a drug problem.

It’s true that it’s only October, and who knows the circumstances of one practice, but this isn’t really what I’d like to hear about a guy I think can be our Olympian this year.

Nope it doesn’t. The kid is money when it counts. A really f’ing tired discussion to be honest.

And to the guys posting practice updates: Thanks!

You’ve outdone your troll self here. Impressive stuff.

No one with functioning brain cells puts stock in your posts anymore. Why do you waste your time?

I was there and I’m not concerned. He literally wrestled a match 3 minutes before this one. I also think he will be wrestling a limited schedule this year while prepping for Olympic run. I could see the tank affecting him through the season but he’ll be ready come March.

He will directly from his dad.. Spencer is fine . Actually overheard his father talking about it in the room...Spencer is going to be doing some freestyle.

GT did not have a "drug problem". You dont know what you are talking about or you just being an a-hole. Since history often repeats itself, it could be either but probably is both.

Reactions: fufighters
GT did not have a "drug problem". You dont know what you are talking about or you just being an a-hole. Since history often repeats itself, it could be either but probably is both.
Maybe semantics with the word problem. He was using some fairly hard drugs.

Reactions: lionlover
Congrats on being such a mature and in the know grown man to be posting crap like this about a 20 year old kid on a message board.
And to those posting updates, THANK YOU!
You’re welcome. I’m sure our justice system would not treat him as a “kid” for these actions.

Also, no judgement on my part. I did worse as a 20 year old. But admit my mistakes and learned from them.

Reactions: lionlover
You’re welcome. I’m sure our justice system would not treat him as a “kid” for these actions.

Also, no judgement on my part. I did worse as a 20 year old. But admit my mistakes and learned from them.
So post your real name, where you live and what you did so we can all post and talk about it every time you post. Come on big boy, what's fair is fair.

Awesome reporting - most of the time everyone’s so vague. Thanks

Reactions: Grip220
He’s said and brands has also that he tends to wrestle his way into shape through the season. Warner as well. As long as he’s healthy he’ll be great come March
Lee did not gas. Kemdog is large. Much bigger than the Bull. Teasdale is talented. Desanto and Murin needed to switch partners. Recruits were having a good time.

Wow. Stupidest post I think I’ve ever seen by someone who claims to be a wrestling fan.

Lee did not gas. Kemdog is large. Much bigger than the Bull. Teasdale is talented. Desanto and Murin needed to switch partners. Recruits were having a good time.
Switch partners? As in desanto needs to work with lee teas gilman?

So glad you're concerned about a two time national champion. If you would like to bet $100 against him, just let me know:p

Reactions: Descat1 and Wink8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT