ADVERTISEMENT

prayer for speedy recovery - crohn's dz

iowahaha1

All-Conference
Apr 15, 2015
Well, after a little boil that was drained in my teenage daughter's bottom, we found out she had Crohn's dz. After all possible options, including infusions with Remicaid, She needed surgery. The surgery included 10 inches of intestines being removed. The hard part for me was when she said, " Dad, I've always been such a good girl, why did this happen to me?" ugh, was a tear jerker. Well it is a curveball for a parent and a life long disease for a child that is 15. Please pray for no more surgeries in the future and a speedy recovery.

Well, after a little boil that was drained in my teenage daughter's bottom, we found out she had Crohn's dz. After all possible options, including infusions with Remicaid, She needed surgery. The surgery included 10 inches of intestines being removed. The hard part for me was when she said, " Dad, I've always been such a good girl, why did this happen to me?" ugh, was a tear jerker. Well it is a curveball for a parent and a life long disease for a child that is 15. Please pray for no more surgeries in the future and a speedy recovery.
Stay strong my man. Nothing worse than not being able to fix something for your kid.

Hoping for the best

OP - that really sucks that your daughter has to go through that. Hopefully it's smoother sailing from here on out.
Thank you. She was so skinny. To find out she wasn't absorbing nutrients. There was a stricture in her intestines and she would throw up all her food. It's been a nightmare actually. I'm day 7 in the hospital, 2 days post op. TPN via arm in arm so she can get food.

Very sorry to read @iowahaha1 , that had to be heart-wrenching to hear from your daughter

Positive thoughts for the young lady, you, and the rest of the family
Ya, it was before the surgery, I just gave the " Sometimes bad things happen to good people, but it's nothing we cant over come". I have to crash now. I'm sleeping on their cot and her alarm goes off every 2 hours and the surgical team comes in at 6. We are just beat down. - out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT