ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-seeds for Cliff Keen

Brock Hardy 141 Nebraska is one I want to follow. He has been away, red shirt and is now back on the mat. I think he is better than his rank. He and Sasso had some fun Fargo matches back in the day. Super nice kid as well.

Hoping to see Shultz and Paris at 285.
157 could be interesting how it shakes out.

Reactions: Gobblin
Heavy, 133 and 184 are also going to be really solid.
Really curious to see if Trent Hidlay can seal the deal against Parker and the field. Need one of those guys to beat Aaron Brooks come March and it seems Hidlay has the best chance. If both could do it that would be even better, but don't see that as a possibility. We're going to need serious help from others to win it this year and 184 would be a good start.

I"m really pumped about the Cy-Hawk meet and would just love to see our fellas release the f'ing hounds on ISU! I want to see some funk like Siebrecht put on Artalona last week...and I want to see some scoring. Based on the probable lineups Flo posted we might not have many opportunities for bonus points, but I'd like to see what we can do if we let it fly. Go Hawks!

Reactions: Grip220
If Shultz ducks, it would be a real punk move in my opinion. The way he is looking, I am not seeing him ducking anyone. Guess we shall see.

Reactions: Grip220
If he ducks, I'm guessing it wouldn't be his call. He seemed genuinely pissed last year when he didn't get to wrestle Kerk
Well whose call would it be? I get the coaches could say the best thing to do is to duck, but this is not a dual where you are making the best choices for the team. So wouldn't he get to make his own choice in the end? Would be a shame if his coaches overstepped what he would want to do!

Well whose call would it be? I get the coaches could say the best thing to do is to duck, but this is not a dual where you are making the best choices for the team. So wouldn't he get to make his own choice in the end? Would be a shame if his coaches overstepped what he would want to do!
It was Zeke's call last year for him to not wrestle Kerk. Schultz was by the mat, headgear on, and ready to go when he was told he wasn't wrestling Kerk, and he seemed really upset by it. That was in a dual situation last year though and not a tourney

Happel beat demelio in ot. Should have won in regulation but ref gave happel a locked hands call on top that shouldn’t have been called. Must not be able to challenge.

Hardy vs Vasquez match was crazy. WOW
I followed Hardy in HS. He is solid. Took 2 years off then covid, red shirt and is finally up and running. He and Sasso had some battles in Fargo. Traded wins a few times. Hardy usually comes hard and scores points. Has Mattin in the quarters.

Unrelated but laird from Rider beats Max dean in SV today

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: slushhead
Dan Gable used a leg ride. Was he stalling with it as well? There are a thousand and one ways to stall. Trying to micromanage it with rules won't be effective. A reff calling a top guy with legs in and not working for a turn for stalling. Call a guy with a double thigh pry and not working to turn with a stall. Just make the call.
Who said anything about using legs. I said specifically using figure 4 on a leg and if Gable was doing that he was stalling.

I don't want to see guys putting it on and off while watching the count. Just make it a penalty point infraction and get rid of it.
The problem with making it illegal is it’s quite a nice turning combo, used as a high leg Turk if you can get your hips to the opposite side and cross face. I don’t see how you can make it illegal but it’s total bs when top guy uses it as a stall ride.

The problem with making it illegal is it’s quite a nice turning combo, used as a high leg Turk if you can get your hips to the opposite side and cross face. I don’t see how you can make it illegal but it’s total bs when top guy uses it as a stall ride.
That’s why it can’t be illegal. Stalling needs to be called super fast on top if someone isn’t working to turn, I wouldn’t even care if our guys got hit for some of the rides.

Ding-ding-ding. And enough guys do just that to make it an increasingly common maneuver. Not to say guys aren’t ever gaming it to just ride their opponent, but it is also being used to open up scoring opportunities.

Eiermann was exceptional at working to turn with one or both legs in. If he couldnt get the turn he still made the guy pay with some pretty wicked halfs and arm bars.

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
ADVERTISEMENT