vs MINN- W
vs OSU- L
@ WISKY- W
vs PU- W
@ NEBBIE- W
BTC vs OSU W
Playoff vs Bama W
NCG vs USC L on OT

That's my story and until proven otherwise, I'm sticking to it.
This is awesome, however; how awful would that be if we lost to USC in the NCG....I mean not trying to be greedy here but to make it that far and lose in OT....that would kinda suck! I am going to jump on board with this exact prediction!

Reactions: Wingman137
Wyoming -WIN-

@ Iowa State -WIN- This one worries me, because we will be breaking in a new QB, replacing key pieces in our secondary, and still don't have a receiving corps. We should be able to run all over them though. Coach Campbell got smoked in 2016 in his first CyHawk, but his enthusiasm makes me think their tradition of "getting up" for the Iowa game and not showing up for any other game will continue.

North Texas -WIN-

Penn State -LOSS- Probably a loss. We might be able to get them in November, but not in the first B1G game. At Kinnick helps, but PSU is really talented on offense. I don't think we will be able to slow them down.

@ Michigan State -WIN- They *H*A*V*E* to be better in 2016 than 2017. Then again, they don't have a quarterback. Low-scoring game, I think.

Illinois -WIN- Illinois played us tough in 2015 at Kinnick, but we dominated them in 2016. Lovie Smith has a heck of a job to do if he is going to bring Illinois back from the dead. He hasn't done it yet.

BYE

@ Northwestern -WIN- Losing at Kinnick last year in the rain absolutely sucked. We couldn't do anything on offense in the second half. Hopefully we show up with a better game-plan. Like the ISU game, we should be able to run between the tackles on this team and over-power them for a W. Then again, I think that every year and they somehow beat us quite often.

Minnesota -LOSS- They really, really, really do not like us right now up north. The Goofers get their revenge here.

Ohio State -LOSS- We don't have the talent level to beat this team. We can *play* with them, but I'll be surprised if we actually win. It should be an ABC nationally-televised game like the Michigan game last year, at least.

@ Wisconsin -WIN- We win a defensive struggle. Could be for the B1G West. If we beat Minnesota (assuming Penn State and Ohio State are losses), this is for the division.

Purdue -WIN- We stomp this team on Senior Day. Purdue sucks.

@ Nebraska -WIN- Losing three in a row to the "inferior" Iowa Hawkeyes will really infuriate the Bug Eater coaching staff. Take that Devaney.

9-3, or 10-2 if we beat Minnesota. A surprise win against either Penn State or Ohio State would put us at 11-1 and sends us to a NY6 bowl (I don't believe that will happen, mind you)

Im really surprised so many people like NW over us. We were playing really bad football at the time they beat us last year and we still had chances to win. I just dont see that one.
I dont see Minn beating us in a new system year 1. I understand they hate us but thats not going to make them play better football. I think we have a shot at beating penn state especially at home. Kinnick should be rocking for that one. I dont think we have a shot vs ohio state. They are playing at another level of football then we play at. I think we are underating Nebraska albeit i would pick us at this time as well.
Iowa state is not beating us. I get that this game is important to them and so on but I think we will be in a much better place than them week 2. As much as we think we can sneak psu or osu win we usually lose an unexpected game. Wyu, isu, minn, and neb are most likely candidates as we have been so fortunant in our recent years in trophy games one may sneak away this year.

Last year I had us going 9-3 with a bowl game beat down. We finished 8-4 and I got the bowl game beat down correct. This year I have us at 8-4 with a bowl game win.

I see a good 6-6 instead of a bad 6-6 because the schedule is much more difficult than it has been in the past 4-5 years and we lost 2 of the 3 best players that we had on D in Jaleel & Desmond. There is no immediate replacement for Johnson's presence even though I like Lattimore. If we have a weakness inside that's huge trouble in our scheme.

Then PSU & OSU show up on the schedule. Both are legit national title contenders. PSU has absolutely destroyed us each time since Joe Pa retired. OSU we've beat once under KF and maybe 3 times in 40 years?

ISU will be a definite loss. They can throw the ball around and Desmond & Jaleels absence will be noticeable in that game. It's also a must win for Campbell and they lined up the schedule to play Thursday before to give themselves extra prep days. It would not shock me if the beat us soundly.

Wyoming will be tough as will road games at MSU, NW, Wisky & Nebby. We do not know if MSU bounces back but NW & Wisky will be the favorites in the West. It's do or die for Nebby against us.

The B1G will be loaded this year for once.

We also typically get a KF special surprise loss and sometimes a surprise win. That's 6-6.

I see a good 6-6 instead of a bad 6-6 because the schedule is much more difficult than it has been in the past 4-5 years and we lost 2 of the 3 best players that we had on D in Jaleel & Desmond. There is no immediate replacement for Johnson's presence even though I like Lattimore. If we have a weakness inside that's huge trouble in our scheme.

Then PSU & OSU show up on the schedule. Both are legit national title contenders. PSU has absolutely destroyed us each time since Joe Pa retired. OSU we've beat once under KF and maybe 3 times in 40 years?

ISU will be a definite loss. They can throw the ball around and Desmond & Jaleels absence will be noticeable in that game. It's also a must win for Campbell and they lined up the schedule to play Thursday before to give themselves extra prep days. It would not shock me if the beat us soundly.

Wyoming will be tough as will road games at MSU, NW, Wisky & Nebby. We do not know if MSU bounces back but NW & Wisky will be the favorites in the West. It's do or die for Nebby against us.

The B1G will be loaded this year for once.

We also typically get a KF special surprise loss and sometimes a surprise win. That's 6-6.
If DT is our biggest concern....it ought to be smooth sailing :). As for DL, lets hope Aj can come in and be an immediate game changer.
As for ISU, lmao.

I kinda agree with that. Iowa might actually be a better (or more well-rounded) team next year, but the record may be worse.

The offense must get going for Iowa to get 8 regular season wins given the schedule. I think the defense will be good and new leaders will emerge...but having no real QB experience could make the season go way, way wrong very easily.

Iowa absolutely must find a running mate to pair with Wadley, and also must develop not only a better passing game but an effective passing game. I define that as being good enough to remove the 8 to 10 man lines we were seeing throughout the year to make the running game better.

If the offense stays healthy, it will be better overall. It cannot possibly be any worse.

Iowa State will be tougher than people think, mostly because their OLine was horrible last year. This year they get 2 5th year Senior Grad transfers: 1 from Michigan and one from USC, so they know what they are doing. Also they will get Campos back.

This will be matched up against our weakest link on Defense - the DL. An embarrassment of riches at DE and no depth at DT.

As far as the rest of the season, we proved last year you can get by with a bad WR corps. If our DTs don't have at least one person emerge, we won't be able to stop the run and we are looking at a long season. I would much rather have a bad WR corps than DT corps. We may have both squads be an issue this year. Chad Greenway and Abdul Hodge's senior year proved that you can have All Americans at LB, but if your DTs don't keep blockers off of them, we are looking at a difficult year.

I hope I am wrong and someone who didn't play last year because of injury or RS emerges. Seriously -I think the season's success will hinge on that unit.

Last edited:
6-6 with losses to PSU, OSU ,MSU, NW, WISC, and NEB. ISU also tougher than people think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT