ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the Iowa lineup for the ISU dual.

Retro Hawk

Rookie
Jun 30, 2022
This week we got a upgrade by adding Nelson Brands. Not sure why we have not seen Teske since the first dual. Do we know for sure if he beat Schriever? Tom said we need to put a better lineup on theat for ISU.

Here is guess.

125: Spencer Lee
133: Brody Teske
141: Real Woods
149: Max Murin
157: Cobe Siebrecht
165: Patrick Kennedy
174: Nelson Brands
184: Abe Assad
197: Jacob Warner
285: Tony Cassioppi

Brands acknowledges we need a better team out there then this past week, so I don't see him experimenting with new guys. I think Siebrecht earned his spot. Now where can we improve? 125, 133, and 141. I have a feeling if they are all close and want to go, we will get our first glimpse of Woods. 133 is the mystery. I will go with Teske here because I have not heard of a injury, and he has the experience.

Lastly 125. How much of a difference will a few weeks make with Spencer? He needs to get his confidence back. Why not send him out now and see what we have, so he know if he needs more rest or work before Penn State. Especially if you say he is day to day and wants to come back. He is a senior. It is his last time against ISU. I think we go all in this meet.

This week we got a upgrade by adding Nelson Brands. Not sure why we have not seen Teske since the first dual. Do we know for sure if he beat Schriever? Tom said we need to put a better lineup on theat for ISU.

Here is guess.

Brands acknowledges we need a better team out there then this past week, so I don't see him experimenting with new guys. I think Siebrecht earned his spot. Now where can we improve? 125, 133, and 141. I have a feeling if they are all close and want to go, we will get our first glimpse of Woods. 133 is the mystery. I will go with Teske here because I have not heard of a injury, and he has the experience.

Lastly 125. How much of a difference will a few weeks make with Spencer? He needs to get his confidence back. Why not send him out now and see what we have, so he know if he needs more rest or work before Penn State. Especially if you say he is day to day and wants to come back. He is a senior. It is his last time against ISU. I think we go all in this meet.
More rest really means more time to heal, right? This IS rocket surgery, man….

Btw, who are you socking for?

Would love to see it bc I think that's our March lineup, but idk if they're ready to unleash Lee quite yet. He's only 11 months post op. Idk what's up with Teske, but I'd guess we see Schriever again. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Sett1997 and el dub

Here is guess.

They haven’t really been “experimenting.” They’ve generally put the best team on the mat they have been comfortable with given the health of the starters.

My guess is you’re right other than 125. I don’t think Lee is ready to test the knees yet. Thinking that will come after Christmas. Total guess.

I agree with Spooner here. Is Lee 11 months post surgery now and what is the expected down time for dual acl surgery? Also, Lee physically seems to do some pretty amazing things. Him being ready health wise ahead of schedule wouldn't surprise me, but would waiting an extra month lower the risk of reinjuring himself (I hate to even mention the possibility of this happening)? Karma owes Spencer a healthy '23 and '24 to give him a chance at his goals!

They haven’t really been “experimenting.” They’ve generally put the best team on the mat they have been comfortable with given the health of the starters.

My guess is you’re right other than 125. I don’t think Lee is ready to test the knees yet. Thinking that will come after Christmas. Total guess.
Same.

Reactions: el dub
I think we see Lee, not sure about woods but that wouldn’t surprise me. I got to attend the meet this Saturday and I spoke with a few people and the talk around the team was that it is definitely trending up. I can’t say for certain that this will come to be, but it would not surprise me in the least.

Reactions: IRONBIRD and KYHWKY
I agree with Spooner here. Is Lee 11 months post surgery now and what is the expected down time for dual acl surgery? Also, Lee physically seems to do some pretty amazing things. Him being ready health wise ahead of schedule wouldn't surprise me, but would waiting an extra month lower the risk of reinjuring himself (I hate to even mention the possibility of this happening)? Karma owes Spencer a healthy '23 and '24 to give him a chance at his goals!
Thought I saw a video around time Lee was having surgery that a re-repair of acl was 18 months. And he had 2 right?… so given that he’s a super athlete I would think more time the better. January I would think

Also seems like a healthy teske will likely be better that Schriever is today. Assuming he is banged up but who knows - somebody definitely. 👀👀👀

Reactions: el dub

Here is guess.

Spencer needs to get his confidence back? Okay.

Thought I saw a video around time Lee was having surgery that a re-repair of acl was 18 months. And he had 2 right?… so given that he’s a super athlete I would think more time the better. January I would think
Agreed, we aren't going to see him until after the first of the year unless he says give me a match.
He's that badass, I think he calls his own shots.

Reactions: Born Hawkeye
What’s the weight situation with Ybarra ?
Ybarra is listed 126 and 133 on roster. He would need to certify at some point if he still can. Teske has been out for a few weeks now, is he trying to make the cut back down? Brands said we need to put out a better lineup and 126 would be a good place to start.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Ybarra is listed 126 and 133 on roster. He would need to certify at some point if he still can. Teske has been out for a few weeks now, is he trying to make the cut back down? Brands said we need to put out a better lineup and 126 would be a good place to start.
Highly doubt Teske certified at 125 given his alpha weight. Ybarra is more likely to have certified 125.

Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
obviously a big rivalry match, but not big enough to have Spencer go before he should. We should not be comparing what Stoll did. SL is coming off two surgeries and going for his 4th title, but as everyone is well aware his goals are world and Oly gold and that is more of a reason not to come back early.

As much as I and everyone wants to see him back on the mat, Im also in the camp that believes he will only wrestle this season enough to get him to nationals and no more. I also would not be surprised if Spencer said he wants to go.

Except SL likely only has to wrestle <3 minutes.

I'll agree that although it's fun to pisspound ISU every year, make sure guys are healthy when it counts.

Not sure we need SL, cause I think Assad wins at 184.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Ybarra, Teske, Woods, Murin, Seibreicht, Kenedy, Brands, Assad, Warner, Cassioppi.
I’m curious as to results between Shriever and Teske. If they are about equal, go with the younger guy who may have more upside/potential growth.

I believe we will see Spencer and Woods on Sunday. A couple weeks ago I listened to Spencer say he's been doing hard drilling with Ayala. Against isu he won't even have to put out as much energy and movement as he does drilling with Ayala to dominate the match. Woods was pretty excited after Cobe pinned his guy Saturday. The way he was jumping around didn't appear to me there is still much of an injury, but I could be wrong. My gut feeling says we see them both in Carver, Sunday and the place is going to go crazy.

I believe we will see Spencer and Woods on Sunday. A couple weeks ago I listened to Spencer say he's been doing hard drilling with Ayala. Against isu he won't even have to put out as much energy and movement as he does drilling with Ayala to dominate the match. Woods was pretty excited after Cobe pinned his guy Saturday. The way he was jumping around didn't appear to me there is still much of an injury, but I could be wrong. My gut feeling says we see them both in Carver, Sunday and the place is going to go crazy.
I def noticed Woods going nuts also

Reactions: T8KUDWN
ADVERTISEMENT