ADVERTISEMENT

Predictable/Execution Scheme

staatstm

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2021
For the last 15+ years we’ve heard from the media and other coaches how predictable our scheme is. We rely on execution in order to play faster and out execute our opponents. Obviously, from a performance stand point, we have gotten pretty good results. I tend to believe this philosophy is much better suited for the defensive side do the ball vs offensive. It allows our opponents to make us one dimensional because we rarely execute at a high level in all phases on offense. I love Kirk and appreciate everything he has done for the program, but I have a hard time seeing how we fix our offensive issues with him and Brian at the helm. The great ones adapt and what worked 5, 10, 20 years ago is not working today. I don’t have the answers and I’m just throwing this out there for debate. Do we eventually move on from Kirk with someone on the current staff or do we eventually go look for a offensive minded coach down the road? I don’t think we will fire Kirk, but I do think he will either fall into a great QB who will allow him to pass the program onto Brian, or we will meddle in the 6-6 or 8-4 range until until Kirk gets tired of being booed every home game. Let me know your thoughts. Go Hawks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News