ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction: Clark will be on Olympic team

ketelmeister

HB Heisman
Dec 10, 2006
I predict either someone will say they are injured or a player will say they’re stepping aside because they’ve been to the Olympics several times, to make room for Clark. It’s too big of a black eye, and I predict they will reverse themselves. Add to that Nike probably threatening to pull their support of the WNBA and you’ve got a problem.

My guess she'll be on the roster. The final roster supposedly comes out Tuesday. They're getting way too much grief about letting her off plus they want viewers.

Reactions: Torg
She’s not getting on the team. And she’ll be fine and be on the next 3 Olympic teams.
Obviously my thoughts aren’t hers, but I didn’t want her to play 😳, like my opinion matters😂 and the outcry going the other direction will be just as loud and nastier in my humble opinion….

Lots of over the top freaks on both sides of this bizarre saga

Last edited:
Reactions: littlez
I predict either someone will say they are injured or a player will say they’re stepping aside ...
if that happens there are many fabulous alternates ready to serve in a understated and selfless manner

giphy.webp

All depends on how stupid these b!tches are. At this point, I would not underestimate their stupidity.

It’s not stupidity, it’s pure raw jealousy & pettiness. Now the other side of that is some of her more outrageous apologist have helped stoke the fire.

I love watching her play, but the whole thing has gotten a bit creepy

FWIW….i get the promotional aspect of adding Clark but there are several other girls more deserving in my mind. The girl from Dallas, Hambry from the Sparks 🤷‍♂️

Crazy thought here... but what if right now she is not what the team needs to be most successful? I'm not sure right now she is one of the top 10 players in the league. Most in demand, most watched, for sure. A legit 3 point threat? For sure. But if I'm picking teams to win the Gold, she is not in the first 5 at least that I would pick. A'Ja Wilson is #1 and there is no debate in my mind. Stewart would be my #2. CC is turning the ball over at a near historic clip. She will improve handling physical ball pressure and cutting down TOs and be fine in the league.

I can totally see not bringing her because of the distraction her limited minutes would be. Her time will come and I expect she gets a chance in 4 years.

FWIW….i get the promotional aspect of adding Clark but there are several other girls more deserving in my mind. The girl from Dallas, Hambry from the Sparks 🤷‍♂️
What really is frustrating about that "old, veteran, know-it-all USA Basketball selection committee", is the lame ass spin for their reasons to not include her. Just say what you're really thinking, you don't need to concern themselves with fan's reactions; you're insulting our intelligence, something that comes across that the committee does not have.

Lastly, promotion is what it's all about; how often have we heard "follow the $$$$$".
Read reporter Christine Brennan's article for the USA Today paper..... especially USA Basketball' mission statement to "promote women's basketball at at levels".

The biggest snub is Arike Ogunbowale -- 2nd in the league in scoring at 26 per game and 1st in the league in steals at 3.1. She plays both ends of the court equally well. The Olympic team is not a popularity contest, you put the best players on the team -- it's hard to argue against the ones who have been selected but a case definitely can be made for omitting Arike.

The biggest snub is Arike Ogunbowale -- 2nd in the league in scoring at 26 per game and 1st in the league in steals at 3.1. She plays both ends of the court equally well. The Olympic team is not a popularity contest, you put the best players on the team -- it's hard to argue against the ones who have been selected but a case definitely can be made for omitting Arike.
It's not a popularity contest and it's not a best player on the team contest. It has become 100% about politics and that has been going on for years I remember a lot of stuff in 2008. For example.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Crazy thought here... but what if right now she is not what the team needs to be most successful? I'm not sure right now she is one of the top 10 players in the league. Most in demand, most watched, for sure. A legit 3 point threat? For sure. But if I'm picking teams to win the Gold, she is not in the first 5 at least that I would pick. A'Ja Wilson is #1 and there is no debate in my mind. Stewart would be my #2. CC is turning the ball over at a near historic clip. She will improve handling physical ball pressure and cutting down TOs and be fine in the league.

I can totally see not bringing her because of the distraction her limited minutes would be. Her time will come and I expect she gets a chance in 4 years.

She impacts the game, spacing wise by just being on the court, but….she is not one of the 10 best, probably one of the 20, maybe 25, because of the above & her skills added to it.

But it’s not a crime, it may be, stressing I don’t honestly know for sure, but maybe it’s a missed promotional opportunity, but the Dallas girl absolutely SHOULD have been on the team & there were others more deserving than DR, Gray & Griner

Yes, it should have been a no brainer she was picked 😳

I get that, but explain an old war horse like Taurasi then. Your saying she's one of the 10 best players NOW, or is this a lifetime achievement award?

My guess she'll be on the roster. The final roster supposedly comes out Tuesday. They're getting way too much grief about letting her off plus they want viewers.
The U.S. coach has already shown herself to be pretty catty and petty when it comes to CC and all the attention she's gotten. It'll take more than getting grief for her to give CC a spot, she'd need to be told by the power-that-be that she WILL put CC on the roster, and I don't see that happening.

The U.S. coach has already shown herself to be pretty catty and petty when it comes to CC and all the attention she's gotten. It'll take more than getting grief for her to give CC a spot, she'd need to be told by the power-that-be that she WILL put CC on the roster, and I don't see that happening.
I don't think the decision will change, and I hope it doesn't, because CC needs the rest and the Olympic basketball people and WNBA deserve all the grief they'll continue to get and then some. Nobody would give a damn about any of them--see the last 20-some years--without CC. They know it, and they can't stand it. CC can visit Paris anytime she wants. She doesn't need to hang out with this bunch of crybabies and jealous witches.

What really is frustrating about that "old, veteran, know-it-all USA Basketball selection committee", is the lame ass spin for their reasons to not include her. Just say what you're really thinking, you don't need to concern themselves with fan's reactions; you're insulting our intelligence, something that comes across that the committee does not have.

Lastly, promotion is what it's all about; how often have we heard "follow the $$$$$".
Read reporter Christine Brennan's article for the USA Today paper..... especially USA Basketball' mission statement to "promote women's basketball at at levels".
Yeah, blaming “fan reaction” was unbelievably weak. Just say they were loaded at the guard position and wanted a team with experience at the international level and familiarity playing with each other.

From what i have heard from Clark, I would guess that she would NOT want to be added to the team at this time. Nothing like being in an environment where you know the people around you believe you were added to the team by public pressure. I bet she comes out and says, maybe she has already, "there was process, it was followed and I respect the decision. Hope to play in 28 and 32... go red, white and blue!"

I predict either someone will say they are injured or a player will say they’re stepping aside because they’ve been to the Olympics several times, to make room for Clark. It’s too big of a black eye, and I predict they will reverse themselves. Add to that Nike probably threatening to pull their support of the WNBA and you’ve got a problem.
From what I've seen of this, they are too stubborn to do this. And this isn't the only sport that Team USA is screwing up. It might be time to really take a look at how these different national team organizations are organized and clean house.

It will be a no win situation for CC. If she is added and accepts it will be perceived as though she was given preferential treatment. If she declines it will be perceived as sour grapes.
Unless she performs once on the team, like we all know she would. I am looking forward to when the fever host the lynx and their coach is booed. Probably the first time in her life that will have happened.

If she does make the team, Caitlin would be the Christain Laettner of the women's dream team.

Nike and NBC will lobby for CC to be on the team, but I think she should stay home and get some much deserved rest.

Reactions: cmhawks99
From what i have heard from Clark, I would guess that she would NOT want to be added to the team at this time. Nothing like being in an environment where you know the people around you believe you were added to the team by public pressure. I bet she comes out and says, maybe she has already, "there was process, it was followed and I respect the decision. Hope to play in 28 and 32... go red, white and blue!"

Exactly this,.. If they offer to bring her on at this point she should graciously decline,... She needs a well deserved break anyway..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT