ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction on how KF responds to the BF problem

hawk_a_holic

HR Legend
Aug 21, 2001
Budmeyar is on the staff as QB Coach and Passing Game Coordinator. BF keeps OC and picks up RB Coordinator. This is the avenue for us getting Cade McNamara. We hit on one or two starting capable WRs. Barnett might get another year with some portal help. Everyone kind of saves face. And Kirk would be so Kirk on this.

Budmayr- Co-Offensive Coordinator / QB's
Brian- Co-Offensive Coordinator / OL
Barnett- Out

This type of set up would be good if Budmayr is any good but it could be any good passing whiz and I would be more specific with

Budmayr/whoever- Co-Offensive Coordinator / QB's and passing game
Brian- Co-Offensive Coordinator / OL and running game

Budmayr gets overall playcalling duties during games with Bry Bry's input on types of runs

I won't hold my breath on any coaching changes. Hopefully we improve the Jimmy's and the Joe's from the portal. They might make Brian look competent.

Reactions: Hawkdome
Hate everything mentioned.

Brian is the worst coach at a P5 school, that bum has to go
I have no clue if he’s the worst coach at P5, and certainly don’t think he’s a bum, but he clearly has to go. I don’t think much matters until that happens.

Reactions: blhawk
Budmayr- Co-Offensive Coordinator / QB's
Brian- Co-Offensive Coordinator / OL
Barnett- Out
What has Budmayr exhibited that would warrant him being OC? He was involved with this year’s offense and we saw where that went. I’m guessing he was unemployed for a reason. From my understanding Colorado St. was no offensive juggernaut when he was there.

KF would have to believe there was an actual major problem with the offense first.
I think Kirk has a very conservative offense because there is little room for error. High powered offenses can recover from mistakes because they can move the ball or use ball control with long drives. Kirk has not had that luxury for a long time. Some of us actually thought punting on first down might be Iowas best offense.
That might be a bit tongue in cheek but not totally with out merit.

This type of set up would be good if Budmayr is any good but it could be any good passing whiz and I would be more specific with

Budmayr/whoever- Co-Offensive Coordinator / QB's and passing game
Brian- Co-Offensive Coordinator / OL and running game

Budmayr gets overall playcalling duties during games with Bry Bry's input on types of runs
Just what we need, more artificial complexity thrown into the offense. I can see the delay of game penalties now.

Reactions: blhawk
I honestly don’t know how you save face being KF or BF if nothing changes. I mean, talk about some terribly uncomfortable future questions from the media….the fan base would become unglued. I just don’t see it. I really would be surprised if BF is back in his role.

The WR room is emptying quite fast , Portal and Young Guys will be needed next Year as well as a really good OL or 3 , BF needs to be put back to OL only and a new OC and system installed , will it happen , Under Kirk, No. He will just say " That's football" and expect fans and donors to smile and give all that money .

The WR room is emptying quite fast , Portal and Young Guys will be needed next Year as well as a really good OL or 3 , BF needs to be put back to OL only and a new OC and system installed , will it happen , Under Kirk, No. He will just say " That's football" and expect fans and donors to smile and give all that money .
It’s disgusting Brian hasn’t been let go by now.

Is Nepotism officially accepted at the U of I these days?? Because that’s what this is. And it’s goddamn obvious.

I think it's pretty much a given that Budmayr is the new QB coach.
But there are already 10 on field assistants. Who goes? I could see Wallace departing if the name calling/bullying thing doesn't follow him. Kelvin Bell always makes me wonder why he doesn't move up somewhere else.

It's extremely easy to point fingers at George Barnett but we as fans have no clue what goes on behind the scenes.

Talent problem?
Coaching problem?
Both?

No clue.

I do have faith that KF will get this line figured out.

God I hope so.

It's extremely easy to point fingers at George Barnett but we as fans have no clue what goes on behind the scenes.

Talent problem?
Coaching problem?
Both?

No clue.

God I hope so.
Talent has absolutely ZERO to do with missing assignments. Letting a DE go unblocked and have an open shot at the QB, is shit coaching

Talent problem?
Coaching problem?
Both?

No clue.

God I hope so.
The line has been underwhelming for over 10 years now, what makes you think KF can or will “fix” it?

He'll make a bunch of fake moves to try shutting people up while keeping his kid on the Iowa gravy train. Bring in a Co-Offensive Coordinator, name someone else Pass Game Coordinator, bring in skill position guys and OL through the portal. All of it will be to appease and shut people up, no real changes will happen. Brian ain't going anywhere.

Talent has absolutely ZERO to do with missing assignments. Letting a DE go unblocked and have an open shot at the QB, is shit coaching

Disagree,. first couple times might be coaching,.. after that it becomes more about talent and execution.

Talent problem?
Coaching problem?
Both?

No clue.

God I hope so.
well the C position is all Kirk. That's an easy call. Kirk did that.

Kirk will ignore it, like usual.
Kirk is clearly not ignoring the offensive problems. His staff is actively recruiting several areas of need in the portal and already landed a new quarterback.

If the offense sucks again next year it won’t just be Brian looking for a job, Kirk will be fired as well. I think Kirk knows this which is why the major portal/NIL Philosophy change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT