ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction on how KF responds to the BF problem

Talent has absolutely ZERO to do with missing assignments. Letting a DE go unblocked and have an open shot at the QB, is shit coaching

Yes and no.

To be talented you also have to be smart. Some kids just aren't very smart/coachable.

I think some of those blown assignments were from the players having mental blocks. No pun intended.

He'll make a bunch of fake moves to try shutting people up while keeping his kid on the Iowa gravy train. Bring in a Co-Offensive Coordinator, name someone else Pass Game Coordinator, bring in skill position guys and OL through the portal. All of it will be to appease and shut people up, no real changes will happen. Brian ain't going anywhere.
Kirk does NOT CARE what's being said on this board. He'll do whatever he wants and be fine with it.

Reactions: savage84
Kirk does NOT CARE what's being said on this board. He'll do whatever he wants and be fine with it.
Not saying this board, but I have no doubt after a season like this he reads the figurative room and does care about overall buzz around the program. Not unlike years ago after the bowl game when he released his January depth chart listing CJB ahead of Rudock as a way to quiet the noise.

Just what we need, more artificial complexity thrown into the offense. I can see the delay of game penalties now.
Well I said if Budmayr is calling the plays there should not be a problem getting plays called.

Run game coord sets up blocking schemes to practice and who is playing etc but doesnt have to call plays

Coaching career

Budmayr stayed at Wisconsin as a student assistant in 2012 and 2013 before going on to Pittsburgh in 2014 as a graduate assistant under his former position coach, Paul Chryst.

Wisconsin (second stint)​

Budmayr joined Chryst at Wisconsin in 2015 as a graduate assistant, working with the quarterbacks as there was no official position coach. He was shifted to a quality control assistant the next season, continuing to coach the quarterbacks. When the NCAA approved the hiring of a 10th assistant coach in 2018, Budmayr was officially promoted to quarterbacks coach.

Colorado State​

Budmayr was named the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Colorado State on February 4, 2021.[6][7] He was replaced by Matt Mumme after one season at CSU as head coach Steve Addazio was fired.

Iowa​

In 2022 he became an offensive analyst for Iowa.

Seems like a lot of posters are excited about this guy. Why? Heads exploded when BF was hired as OC without experience. This guy has a lot less.

Can someone explain it?

Coaching career

Budmayr stayed at Wisconsin as a student assistant in 2012 and 2013 before going on to Pittsburgh in 2014 as a graduate assistant under his former position coach, Paul Chryst.

Wisconsin (second stint)​

Budmayr joined Chryst at Wisconsin in 2015 as a graduate assistant, working with the quarterbacks as there was no official position coach. He was shifted to a quality control assistant the next season, continuing to coach the quarterbacks. When the NCAA approved the hiring of a 10th assistant coach in 2018, Budmayr was officially promoted to quarterbacks coach.

Colorado State​

Budmayr was named the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Colorado State on February 4, 2021.[6][7] He was replaced by Matt Mumme after one season at CSU as head coach Steve Addazio was fired.

Iowa​

In 2022 he became an offensive analyst for Iowa.

Seems like a lot of posters are excited about this guy. Why? Heads exploded when BF was hired as OC without experience. This guy has a lot less.

Can someone explain it?
I don't think anyone is excited about the possibility of Budmayr being OC. At least I haven't seen anyone excited.

I don't think anyone is excited about the possibility of Budmayr being OC. At least I haven't seen anyone excited.
Well that may be true. But I haven't seen too many posters outraged about it - so I guess that means acceptance?

Wholesale changes coming is what the rumor/word is….Brian out, Gattis in, I’d have to think Budmayr is qb coach, Barnett out as Oline coach, and new wide receiver coach to replace Copeland if he is gone. McNamara recruiting all kinds of guys into Iowa at wr and Harris to rb, with KJ having a change of heart ($) regarding going into the portal. That’s a lot of people to pay!!! Go Hawks. If you can’t beat them, join them, then beat their a$$es.

And heard Saban is in town trying to sweet talk Kadyn into going to Bama. Stay Hawk strong young man!!

• Haha
Reactions: jhawk23
I wonder if Steven and James are nervous Brian might blow their future ticket on the U of I gravy train. Probably not, they know their dad better than anyone

Is this an attempt to revoke my fan card? The almighty fan BVHawkeye!!!!
You decide. It’s always fun to listen or read fickle fans like you post. First off the bandwagon and then begging to get back on. At least you recognized my superiority when compared to your lowly self. Iowa State needs fans just like you. Iowa can get by without!.

Meh I think people are just trying to figure out the most realistic options, while also really wanting BF gone.
Yup agreed, also hasn't the QB position essentially been the achilles' heel of the Wisconsin's program through the last few years? If Budmayr has his finger prints on the Mertz 'project', well that was a miserable fail based on what I saw of that kid play. Having said that, if he was responsible for getting Cade, then yeah he will be on staff for another couple of years then....

Yup agreed, also hasn't the QB position essentially been the achilles' heel of the Wisconsin's program through the last few years? If Budmayr has his finger prints on the Mertz 'project', well that was a miserable fail based on what I saw of that kid play. Having said that, if he was responsible for getting Cade, then yeah he will be on staff for another couple of years then....
I think he was only there for Mertz's freshman year but still. He doesn't have the experience you would look for in a Big Ten OC hire. Gattis has a much better resume on paper but seems to be hated by both Michigan and Miami fans, which is concerning.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Patriots offense kind of looks like ours these days.
IF BF goes to NFL it will be with Belichick. NE does not have a permanent OC, Matt Patricia is filling in, plus Belichick has his son as an assistant, and remember he was Tight Ends coach at NE with Bradys favorite TE and at Iowa TE coach during " Tight End University" becoming established, thanks George Kittel, Noah Fant, etc.etc.

You decide. It’s always fun to listen or read fickle fans like you post. First off the bandwagon and then begging to get back on. At least you recognized my superiority when compared to your lowly self. Iowa State needs fans just like you. Iowa can get by without!.
Ahh so it is. You super fans are like the Mullahs in Iran. Just a weird superiority complex going on in your heads and when someone disagrees with you, you shame them into not being real fans. Like everytime you mullahs do this and it always lead to the revoking of a persons fan card lol.

Ahh so it is. You super fans are like the Mullahs in Iran. Just a weird superiority complex going on in your heads and when someone disagrees with you, you shame them into not being real fans. Like everytime you mullahs do this and it always lead to the revoking of a persons fan card lol.
You're not a real fan until you blindly accept brian ferentz as your lord and savior or something

Reactions: BrunoMars420
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT