ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for Hawks in the NFL draft this week?

Mountain Man Hawk

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2010
Given Alaric Jackson was first team All Big10 and Daviyon Nixon was Big10 defensive player of the year its a bit surprising that there isn’t much buzz about Hawks going high in the draft (I know there were a couple other threads already on Nixon).

So it sounds like we could have several mid round picks. Does anyone have any predictions on who could go in which rounds?

Hopefully we finally have a receiver or two get picked, it seems like it’s been awhile since that happened.

Chauncey Gholston was another guy that was first team All Big10 but isn’t getting a ton of draft buzz. Hopefully he gets picked.

Cole Banwart and Nick Neimann could also get drafted. Same with Shaun Beyer. I almost forgot about Coy Cronk and Jack Heflin. There might be someone else I’m forgetting as well. I think Mekhi Sargent and Keith Duncan are more likely to be free agents, partly due to the positions they play.

Interested to hear what others think.

I have been trying to stir up a lot of discussion on this topic, my prediction is:

Nixon: 2nd
Gholston: 4th
ISM: 5th
Jackson: 5th
Niemann: 6th

Call me a DREAMER-

Daviyon Late 1st
Chauncey 3rd
Ihmir 3rd
Alaric 4th
Nick 5th
Cole 6th
Brandon 6th
Shaun 7th
Keith 7th
Mekhi PFA
Coy FA
Jack FA

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Nixon Early 3rd
Chauncey Late 3rd/Early 4th
Alaric 4th
ISM 6th
Nick 6th
Cole 6th
Brandon Late 7th/FA
Shaun FA
Keith FA
Mekhi FA
Coy FA
Jack FA

Nixon: Early 2nd
Golston: Late 3rd
Jackson: Early 4th
ISM: Late 4th
Smith: Late 5th
Beyer: Late 6th
Niemann: Early 7th
Banwart: Mid 7th
Heflin: UFA
Seargent: UFA
Duncan: UFA

Smith is a hard one-- I could see him going Day 3, but I could also see him going UFA. Or I could see GB taking him in RD2.

I am suprised Nixon isnt a 1st rounder. I thought he would be a lock but I dont follow the draft like I used to.

I am suprised Nixon isnt a 1st rounder. I thought he would be a lock but I dont follow the draft like I used to.
He lacks the intensity on every play the NFL wants in a First Round pick. Additionally, he's only excelled one (COVID) season ~ so say the Scouts.

Nixon does not have enough starting experience or years of film to make the first round. However, DL is the shortage in this year's draft so I would predict mid-second round.

He lacks the intensity on every play the NFL wants in a First Round pick. Additionally, he's only excelled one (COVID) season ~ so say the Scouts.
Correct. He had a tremendous year. Could probably have benefited from another year, but don't blame him on getting paid. He did get blocked successfully at times last year (all DL's do). The big plays jump out at you, but needs more down to down consistency. Definitely has his best football ahead, he could turn out to be a real good player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT