ADVERTISEMENT

Presbyterian Church approves same sex marriage amendment

While I like this, isn't it weired that theological positions should be subject to a majority vote?

Originally posted by naturalmwa:
While I like this, isn't it weired that theological positions should be subject to a majority vote?
Yes, and goes hardcore against the old testament, though, I don't follow that stuff anyway. I would imagine this will bring new members in , while sending some older member do the DOC, Methodist, or Baptist churches.

It's about time that Xtians get off that hate money train that they have always used for recruiting and donation purposes. Hatred goes against everything that the one they claim to follow taught. Yet, Xtians are some of the worst homophobes on the planet.

Originally posted by ClarindaA's:

Originally posted by naturalmwa:
Yes, and goes hardcore against the old testament, though, I don't follow that stuff anyway. I would imagine this will bring new members in , while sending some older member do the DOC, Methodist, or Baptist churches.
The old members leaving far outnumber the new ones coming in. The Episcopal Church was one of the first quite awhile ago and their membership has gone in the tank. A larger church, the ELCA Lutherans, passed this back in 2009 and they have lost churches, money, and membership as well. I believe Hope Lutheran in DM is ELCA and gives next to nothing to the Synod anymore and has about 5000 members.

A lot of the ELCA churches have moved into a different affiliation, and a lot of their members have moved to the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church or to the Catholic Church.

I think eventually you will see the ELCA, Episcopal and the now the Presbyterians go together as they continue to shrink in membership.

What decides the truth for a Christian? It is not
majority votes at church conventions. Instead, it
is the truth of God's Word as revealed in Holy
Scriptures.

In the Holy Bible, God clearly defines His institution
of marriage as one man and one woman. There
really is no debate about God's intentions for husband
and wife to be the two people in a marriage.

Episcopalians, ELCA Lutherans, and Presbyterians
are simply in error when they redefine marriage as
a relationship between two persons who love each
other.

Originally posted by LuteHawk:

What decides the truth for a Christian? It is not
majority votes at church conventions. Instead, it
is the truth of God's Word as revealed in Holy
Scriptures.

In the Holy Bible, God clearly defines His institution
of marriage as one man and one woman. There
really is no debate about God's intentions for husband
and wife to be the two people in a marriage.

Episcopalians, ELCA Lutherans, and Presbyterians
are simply in error when they redefine marriage as
a relationship between two persons who love each
other.
Are you sure the Bible is so clear?

marriage-according-to-the-bible_502913cd3d101.jpg

The bible is actually pretty clear on it. They keep talking about haters and that really isn't the case. Many Christians see it as a sin. If you want to practice in that sin that is up to you but the Christian church isn't going to endorse the sin by marrying you.

Now if you want to get married with the government that is up to the government.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT