ADVERTISEMENT

President bans comedians from correspondent's dinner

Nope. Just wanted to see where people stood on the issue of Bill Clinton doing pretty much the same thing in 1999. The original WaPo column, before they decided to correct it, mistakenly claimed this was the first time the WHCA had broken from the 35 year tradition of having a comedian host the event. And even now that they have corrected it, they still don’t point out why the WHCA deviated from tradition in 1999.

This is peak whataboutism.

This is peak whataboutism.
So we’re just supposed to accept sloppy journalism? If a newspaper reports that it’s the first time the White House has done such a thing even though it happened under Clinton, we’re not supposed to point it out?

And exactly how long is the shelf life on mentioning past events? Because if 20 years is past the expiration date then it won’t be long before you guys can’t bitch about GWB any more.

Was Bill Clinton a f***ing pussy when the WCHA “banned” comedians at the 1999 dinner?

The Monica Lewinsky scandal and subsequent impeachment trial were dominating the headlines at that time and conservative magazine “Insight” had invited Paula Jones as their special guest to the 1998 dinner. So the WHCA decided to tone things down a bit by having Brian Williams (NBC News) and Aretha Franklin as the entertainment.

For the record, I agree that Trump has extremely thin skin and no sense of humor. But I just want to make sure we’re being consistent here.
Yeah, they have a history of going bland after the previous year took it too far. Not a bad policy, really.

Perhaps they are scared to invite clowns to perform because no one can tell the difference between the performer and the journalistsnwny longer

Well did you see The Situation try to roast

I think that ruined roasts for anyone who watched
I just watched a couple minutes of it. Holy shit, it was even worse than I was expecting.

Uh....where in my post did I mention the White House?

I dunno...you are the OP in this thread and the title you assigned to your thread is..."President bans comedians from correspondent's dinner". It isn't really a stretch to use the terms "president" and "white house" interchangeably.

Reactions: TJ8869
Uh....where in my post did I mention the White House?
Subject line says president banned comedians. Should I apologize for not realizing it referred to the president of the White House Correspondents’ group?

Subject line says president banned comedians. Should I apologize for not realizing it referred to the president of the White House Correspondents’ group?
I guess Olivier Knox can dish it out but he can’t take it.

I am not the dumb one here Bio...please document, in any way that you can, link, etc, how you arrived at the idea that Trump ordered this. All of you sheeple bleating "Trump, Trump, Trump" are the real fools.

Just out of curiosity, are you still waiting for your big payout from the Nigerian Prince you were going to help out move some cash?

I believe he had a Vicodin addiction. Which would partially explain that. Even though I am hilarious when I am on prescription pain meds. Or at least I think I am
The Vicodin addiction might explain some of it. But let’s be honest, even stone cold sober and with all of his limited wits about him, that dude has no business at an open mic night, let alone trying to do comedy on national television.

Just out of curiosity, are you still waiting for your big payout from the Nigerian Prince you were going to help out move some cash?

Post up some facts, some links, etc, dude...you got nothing. Do you REALLY think a group of WH reporters are inclined to do something that Trump wants them to at this point?

All you have is snide retorts...let's see some proof of what you are espousing.

Back when this started I said Trump would wind up being like Silvio Berlusconi. It's trending more to Benito Mussolini. The big difference is Mussolini seems to have cheated on his wife slightly less than Trump. Both lied a lot, and both used a phony devotion to religion to stay in power.

Post up some facts, some links, etc, dude...you got nothing. Do you REALLY think a group of WH reporters are inclined to do something that Trump wants them to at this point?

All you have is snide retorts...let's see some proof of what you are espousing.

You're a gullible idiot. I've got Trump's past actions and common sense. He's not on trial, but I know a piss poor bullshit artist when I see one. The problem is, you are so gullible you probably thought that a degree from Trump University meant something.

I'm saying that he is responsible for this because that is exactly the type of snowflakey thing he would do and it is the only logical explanation for why this is happening. Of course, you're stuck with trying to defend this obviously toddler response so suddenly you want to pretend this a court of law, where circumstantial evidence doesn't count. As I said, you are gullible idiot. But keep waiting, I'm sure your money from that Nigerian Prince will be coming in any day now.

He hasn’t even attended the last couple IIRC so why would they care what his thoughts were?

Clearly the last couple of events have demonstrated they don’t care what he thinks.

You anti-trump people are way over the top. Way over. He is in your head day and night. I bet some of you dudes fap to the idea he’s gonna be impeached. I’m not even joking.

You're a gullible idiot. I've got Trump's past actions and common sense. He's not on trial, but I know a piss poor bullshit artist when I see one. The problem is, you are so gullible you probably thought that a degree from Trump University meant something.

I'm saying that he is responsible for this because that is exactly the type of snowflakey thing he would do and it is the only logical explanation for why this is happening. Of course, you're stuck with trying to defend this obviously toddler response so suddenly you want to pretend this a court of law, where circumstantial evidence doesn't count. As I said, you are gullible idiot. But keep waiting, I'm sure your money from that Nigerian Prince will be coming in any day now.

Again with the insults, name calling and NO FACTS whatsoever. Very mature on your part, it is cute that you continue to hurl insults instead of providing ANY PROOF whatsoever of your position. Have you looked ANYWHERE to find out any additional info on this matter? If not, why not? If so, please share any links that you have that support your theory.

I have never said anything about whether Trump would prefer that the correspondent's dinner be kiboshed...I am sure he would be glad to see it go away entirely as it is no secret that Trump hates the media and for the most part, the media hates him. BUT...that is NOT the subject of this thread, nor is it the point of any post that I have made.

That you can only identify ONE logical explanation of this event is evidence that you are really the gullible one. The annual event had been getting worse and worse over the years in terms of being just rude and not so funny...it is reasonable to assume that someone apparently came to their senses and decided to change it up and perhaps keep it relevant as a professional outlet for their organization, instead of just a shit show. That is at least one other plausible explanation...and it fits with the public comments made by the president of the correspondent's association.

Reactions: Lone Clone
This is funny actually, and potentially very good trolling. He could take the fun out of it and then not show up. If I were him, I'd try to attend a comedy show somewhere else that night.

If he shows up at the dinner it's just the snowflake move everyone above says it is.

Maybe they'll book a 40s music throwback band as the entertainment instead...

Again with the insults, name calling and NO FACTS whatsoever. Very mature on your part, it is cute that you continue to hurl insults instead of providing ANY PROOF whatsoever of your position. Have you looked ANYWHERE to find out any additional info on this matter? If not, why not? If so, please share any links that you have that support your theory.

I have never said anything about whether Trump would prefer that the correspondent's dinner be kiboshed...I am sure he would be glad to see it go away entirely as it is no secret that Trump hates the media and for the most part, the media hates him. BUT...that is NOT the subject of this thread, nor is it the point of any post that I have made.

That you can only identify ONE logical explanation of this event is evidence that you are really the gullible one. The annual event had been getting worse and worse over the years in terms of being just rude and not so funny...it is reasonable to assume that someone apparently came to their senses and decided to change it up and perhaps keep it relevant as a professional outlet for their organization, instead of just a shit show. That is at least one other plausible explanation...and it fits with the public comments made by the president of the correspondent's association.

Yeah, you are incapable of getting my point. I am saying he is responsible. You are asking for proof. I say I am basing it on Trump's personality and what he has said in the past. You want me to waste time digging up examples of this, when you know damn well you are perfectly capable of doing this yourself...but you want me to waste my time. You also know that something like this would have been a verbal message in a room so there won't be any "hard evidence" of this taking place. Fortunately, we are dealing with the court of public opinion and not a court of law. As I tried to say before, circumstantial evidence matters there. There is another option though, we can just wait 24-48 hours. I'm sure Trump will provide us with more evidence of his inability to deal with any kind of criticism.

Then you go off on this tangent of how Trump's hatred of the media has nothing to do with this when in fact, it has EVERYTHING to do with it. It is the entire motive for doing it. So, I suppose if you just ignore that, then your entire position of "this doesn't make sense for the White House to even get involved with this" starts to have some basis of being logical. The question I have is, are you so programmed that you managed this selective amnesia yourself or did right wing media show you how to do it?

Yeah, you are incapable of getting my point. I am saying he is responsible. You are asking for proof. I say I am basing it on Trump's personality and what he has said in the past. You want me to waste time digging up examples of this, when you know damn well you are perfectly capable of doing this yourself...but you want me to waste my time. You also know that something like this would have been a verbal message in a room so there won't be any "hard evidence" of this taking place. Fortunately, we are dealing with the court of public opinion and not a court of law. As I tried to say before, circumstantial evidence matters there. There is another option though, we can just wait 24-48 hours. I'm sure Trump will provide us with more evidence of his inability to deal with any kind of criticism.

Then you go off on this tangent of how Trump's hatred of the media has nothing to do with this when in fact, it has EVERYTHING to do with it. It is the entire motive for doing it. So, I suppose if you just ignore that, then your entire position of "this doesn't make sense for the White House to even get involved with this" starts to have some basis of being logical. The question I have is, are you so programmed that you managed this selective amnesia yourself or did right wing media show you how to do it?

Your point is incomprehensible because your logic is nonsensical. I know that you are saying that Trump is responsible for this change. But you have NO facts or links or anything to augment that. That is just your misguided opinion...blinded by your hatred of all things Trump. It is an illogical position and one that you have offered no proof of.

Key point...Trump has no authority over the press group here. I agree that if it were up to Trump he would probably like to switch the format or even stop the event altogether. However, and this is where you go wrong, he cannot just snap his fingers and cause the the press group to change things because he doesn't like them.

I am asking you for examples that support your position...that Trump actually wielded some influence on this group and made them change their format. That is what you will not find anywhere...yet that is whole basis of your assertions. If you think Trump is directly responsible here, what basis do you have for saying that? Do you think the press group cares one iota about what Trump wants?

For crying out loud, the VP of the press group is Jonathan Karl, who may be #2 on the "Trump haters in the media" list. This isn't an organization that is tight with Trump and at all likely to do his bidding. They would be more likely to do something to spite Trump than to do what he wants them to. If you cannot follow that logic then there really is no hope for you to comprehend this.

You must be old. :)

Let me help you with a little public service announcement.

pussy nuts
when a woman has a severe case of cameltoe, in which her vagina lips look like 2 balls/nuts hanging from the front of her pants. :oops::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
see cameltoe, or mooseknuckle:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hhhhmmmm. Kind'a got off the tracks on this one. Appreciate the descriptor, although the context was more in line with....a wacko chicken shit.

Hhhhmmmm. Kind'a got off the tracks on this one. Appreciate the descriptor, although the context was more in line with....a wacko chicken shit.

I was not the one who brought up pussy nuts. I was merely trying to educate a fellow aging poster.

Wew. Owned.

gexpo5moppz11.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT